Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 11:58 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Feminism is not a cause, it is a tool. Look closely at its origins and purpose and you will see it has nothing to do with any legitimate cause and everything to do with promoting progressive policies which have an underlying motive of tearing down the basic fabric of western cultures that promote liberty based government.

Do you believe in little green people in flying saucers, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 12:03 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Do you believe in little green people in flying saucers, too?
Do you have a point or is making stupid comments that are designed to be insulting the extent of your intellectual abilities?

Old 11-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Here's a list of privileges that they believe men have over women: https://xyfeminist.wordpress.com/the...rivilege-list/

On that page you'll see exactly what new-age feminists believe.

Here's what they don't get though: Everyone has their own privileges in life.

If you are a man and go to family court to try to get custody of your kids, who do you think will end up with the kids, even if the man is all around a better parent?

Men have the "privilege" of registering for military draft.

Men have the privilege of not having access to as many homeless and runaway shelters as women.

Men have the privilege of not being taken seriously by police and the legal system when assaulted by a woman. In many cases, they cannot even defend themselves because 99% of the time, the man gets locked up.
I seem to recall that you're a PhD candidate, no? But that site above is what you present to support your argument? Seriously?

As for your list of male "privileges," you really ought to cite some decent sources to support the claims you make here. How about at least a couple of articles from peer-reviewed journals? You do have access to scholarly databases, do you not?

If you're not going to support your argument with authoritative sources, do you at least have any first-hand experience with any of the stuff you're griping about here, LP?
- Are you a parent?
- Have you experienced child custody issues in a divorce (you do realize that the VAST majority of divorce cases involving kids result in a 50/50 shared custody, and that they're settled OUT of court, yes)?
- Have you been drafted (do you realize that pretty much 100% of wars are waged by men)?
- Heck, have you even served in the military?
- Have you ever experienced homelessness?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-02-2016 at 12:35 PM..

Old 11-02-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Do you have a point or is making stupid comments that are designed to be insulting the extent of your intellectual abilities?
You know fine well what my point is.

And, if you look closely at modern feminism, I have no doubt you'll see (though you might not admit it), that it has served you well at least a few times in your life.

My own father, who was a young guy before modern feminism took off in the late 60s, was an immigrant with the responsibility of supporting a young, growing family by the time he was in mid 20s. He, like most men his age and older, didn't have all the time to sit around whining that men today, who are well into adulthood (30s and 40s) with few responsibilities, now do.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Feminism is not a cause, it is a tool. Look closely at its origins and purpose and you will see it has nothing to do with any legitimate cause and everything to do with promoting progressive policies which have an underlying motive of tearing down the basic fabric of western cultures that promote liberty based government.
Yup, the feminists were manipulated, and then manipulated others.

The manipulateds became dependent on being manipulated.

The manipulates are addicted to it.

The manipulates are THOMBIES. (Mentaled zombies)

We're like a communitist-fricken culture/country.

I don't think I'd last very long in Seattle these days.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:27 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
You know fine well what my point is..
I do not play games, if you have a point.. you make it clearly and I will attempt to respond in kind.

Quote:
And, if you look closely at modern feminism, I have no doubt you'll see (though you might not admit it), that it has served you well at least a few times in your life.
By all means, rather than hint at some vague benefit that I am somehow supposed to know, why don't you explain it to me what I have benefited from. I mean, you know absolutely nothing about me, but you have already resolved yourself to understand and know all the details of my life and which benefits I have gained.

Quote:
My own father, who was a young guy before modern feminism took off in the late 60s, was an immigrant with the responsibility of supporting a young, growing family by the time he was in mid 20s. He, like most men his age and older, didn't have all the time to sit around whining that men today, who are well into adulthood (30s and 40s) with few responsibilities, now do.
Do you have point or is this another one of those vague mentions where I am supposed to divine what is going on inside that head of yours? You must excuse me, unlike you, I don't presume to know strangers thoughts.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:37 PM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
[quote=NxtGen;46038524]
Quote:
Don't confuse feminism with protecting liberty of the individual. The same people who claim they championed civil rights are the ones who continuously advocate using government to force compliance. They care not of liberty, they care about getting special treatment, often at the cost of the liberty of the individual.
Who is confusing feminism with protecting individual liberties? At its origin feminism or the movement was not protecting individual liberties. It was about women having the same equal rights and opportunities as men. Our government has always forced compliance.

Quote:

One that respects the liberty of the individual, that realizes that each individual is sovereign and not beholden to the social demands of hypocrite majority.

You see, you can't call yourself a protector of liberty and freedom if you think it is acceptable to mandate to the individual.
And the constitution does protect our civil liberties but not at the expense of our civil rights.

Quote:
For instance, a business should be able to serve who they choose regardless. By forcing a business to serve someone they choose not to is called slavery. Liberty comes with responsibility, it means that we will have to respect what others choose so long as those choices do not infringe on our own liberties.
This is not slavery. And for example a business can choose not to serve an individual but not if that choice is based on discrimination. If you discriminate base only on ones race, gender, etc. you are violating civil rights.

Quote:
Feminism is not a movement based on seeking liberty for the individual, it is one that seeks to indoctrinate the masses to a given ideal and use government to bring about compliance. Feminism breaks down the morality of society and perpetuates falsehoods. Feminists are a cancer to sane thought and they are used as a tool to promote progressive policies to which further deteriorate free societies and promote discord, which is exactly what is needed by progressives in order to implement their ideal.
No its not and not claimed to be based on seeking individual civil liberties.
Ok so you must break this down. In your mind how is feminism indoctrinating the masses, through the media? mind control?
What is that given idea.
How does feminism use government. Lobbyists, like every other special interest group? They dont control the house or senate. As discussed women make up only 20% of our political leaders and how many of that 20% are feminist lobbyists?
How is feminism breaking down the morality of society and what do you think that morality is?
What falsehoods is feminism perpetuating.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:44 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
there are as many priveledged white women in america as white men , trump is an extremely boorish individual but thats nothing to do with him being white or male
It's pretty interesting that feminism only attracts the attention of white women and not minorities. and I live in a rather diverse metro area.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
Quote:
I seem to recall that you're a PhD candidate, no? But that site above is the kind is what your present to support your argument? Seriously?

As for your list of male "privileges," you really ought to cite some decent sources to support the claims you make here. How about at least a couple of articles from peer-reviewed journals? You do have access to scholarly databases, do you not?

If you're not going to support your argument with authoritative sources, do you at least have any first-hand experience with any of the stuff you're griping about here, LP?
- Are you a parent?
- Have you experienced child custody issues in a divorce (you do realize that the VAST majority of divorce cases involving kids result in a 50/50 shared custody, and that they're settled OUT of court, yes)?
- Have you been drafted (do you realize that pretty much 100% of wars are waged by men)?
- Heck, have you even served in the military?
- Have you ever experienced homelessness?
Actually, that site is a perfect source. It shows how crazy some "feminists" are. However, I'm sure there are men's rights activists who are just as crazy. Also, take a look at Youtube. I recently watched a video where some feminists assaulted a man just for being a man. Interestingly enough, this was a demonstration about ending violence against women. How ironic.

There isn't just one feminist organization like there is for PETA, NRA, etc. Feminism is an ideology. The link I provided shows the ideology that some feminists have.

Here's my story about how the legal system protects women: When I was in college, I worked with a man who was going through a custody battle for his children. The wife lied, cheated, stole, and used drugs, but no one believed him. She frequently hit my coworker and when the police arrived, she played the victim card. No one believed him because the wife was a pretty convincing liar. The wife was awarded full custody of the children because the dad was portrayed to be abusive. But guess what happened? The wife showed up to coworker's house high and drunk one night. He video recorded the whole thing. When they went back to court, the mom lost all custody because she tested positive for cocaine, and the video showed just how insane she truly was.

Here's another one: Find a news report about a teacher who had sex with a student. Compare the punishments. I guarantee that the female will get off a lot easier than the male. Some people even the behavior when the teacher is female and the student is male.

I've never been drafted, but I was forced to register for the draft. Are women required to register? If feminists want to be equal to men, why don't they register? So what if men start wars... Men also build bridges. Should only men be allowed to drive over bridges?

Take a look at homeless shelters in your city. How many of them are specifically for women? How many are for men? Men are homeless more frequently than women, so it makes no sense to me why there are more shelters for women.

Maybe if we'd stop seeing people as women, men, white, and black, and just view everyone as people, we'd end racism and inequality.

This is a great video that describes the current state of feminism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ij1-VB9YA

Last edited by lepoisson; 11-02-2016 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 PM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
By all means, rather than hint at some vague benefit that I am somehow supposed to know, why don't you explain it to me what I have benefited from. I mean, you know absolutely nothing about me, but you have already resolved yourself to understand and know all the details of my life and which benefits I have gained.
Perhaps not you specifically because your right no one knows anything about you except what we can infer from your posts. For the average heterosexual male who will spend a large portion of his life in relationships with women, men have gained access to sex and control of their family size due to legalization of contraceptives. Men are no longer bound to get married before having sex. Equal employment opportunities and equal pay lifts the burden from men to be the sole financial providers of women and the family and obligations to lifelong dependents; wives, ex wives and unmarried daughters. Of course, some men will not see this as of positive because it also frees and empowers women in the same manner. Men may also have benefited from inventions and discoveries, medical breakthroughs made by women who before equal opportunities very well might not have been a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies