Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 06:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post

I suppose I was merely using the idiom of the GOP several years ago. Trump's plan isn't very radically different, it's merely making things more affordable by eliminating services. I think long term, doing what we can to get our population more healthy so we aren't spending so much money taking care of preventative diseases. Frankly, medicare is the bigger concern right now as getting old isn't cheap.

I was taking a swipe at those who were taken in by Pelosi using that reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 06:48 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
"Obamacare is perfect"

--said nobody ever.

This is the GOP's fault for insisting on wholesale repeal of the law instead of embracing its finer points and improving the rest. Hopefully they will be willing to come to the table and work with Hillary on improving it.

Also, consider the source. Michelle Malkin has been no fan of Obama's.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Nobody will trust Hillary with health care.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:53 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Our plan has died too. We also lost the option to choose when in the year to get our wellness check and more items have changed for the worst.
Our premiums went up by at least 40% and therefore the promised $2500 we should keep.in our pocket is go into the blue cross!

Obamacare is the worst! Thanks Washington!

Old 10-13-2016, 07:17 PM

46,279 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
What's Trump's plan again? Be specific as possible. I bet it'll be the greatest plan ever.
I'm still waiting on my $2500....

My co-pays have gone up.....

Why are you mad the ACA has failed?

You see, you won't hear what this dem governor stated:

Quote:
Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton of Minnesota on Wednesday said the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare law better known as Obamacare, was getting too expensive for people in his state.
Why? Be specific why the ACA has failed, and even dems are now and have been jumping ship....

Maybe you just don't care......

Old 10-13-2016, 07:30 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how you can make people more accountable by giving them less healthcare.
Really?

Weird. I guess you and I really don't think alike.
Quote:
Prevention is the most cheapest means, but how do you achieve it?
One avenue is by making individuals more personally and financially accountable. Here was my take from a prior thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I don't use "health care" (the industry) myself (I do have catastrophic insurance for those... catastrophic things I might not be able to control). The method I use to avoid engaging with this industry is to maintain my own health. It is my responsibility to keep my body composition in check (12% body fat), to keep my heart and other organs working well, to supply my tissues and organs with only those nutrients necessary for their proper maintenance, and to properly use my body so that I don't lose functionality. It is my responsibility to care for myself during any illness (which happens less than once per year) and to properly ascertain whether I need to engage with the rapacious medical industry.

So far I've engaged with it twice. In 2009 I suffered a dislocated finger and went to an "urgent care" facility where a doctor basically did exactly what I could have [should have] done myself; he then kept me in a splint longer than I deemed reasonable which produced very stiff finger joints; this caused me to engage an occupational therapist and a finger doctor; the therapist did wonders, returning most of the functionality, but the finger doctor wasn't satisfied with the amount of money he had extracted so he insisted on finger surgery (which the therapist strongly warned against); thousands of dollars and about 20 minutes later, I was on the road to losing all of the progress the therapist and I had made...

In 2015 I paid for a vasectomy, completely divorced from insurance, and was pleased at the reasonable 'fee-for-service' nature of the transaction.

Other than these I haven't needed or wanted the services of any medical professional since probably age 13 (I'm 42). I plan to live only until about age 75 and my intention is to stay as far away from this industry as humanly possible. I recognize that this may not be possible, that I'm only one isolated anecdotal example, and that my results are not necessarily indicative of what the average person will go through. But I consider it my highest responsibility to maintain the meat robot I'm in control of in such a way that I won't need to pay for any undue medical industry work and to recognize that there's no need for my humble consciousness to persist past a reasonable amount of time. And the problem is I think that attitude makes me a bit of an outlier.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:48 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I thought Obama said we could keep our plans?
what would Hillary do???

Obama Lied. My Third Health Plan Just Died.
I am a physician, age 55, with hypertension, survived metastatic melanoma eight years ago, and have current high grade CIS bladder cancer (s/p resection X2 and currently undergoing BCG).

I wanted to "retire" at age 62. There is NO INSURANCE COMPANY that will write a policy for me AT ANY PRICE. NONE.

What do I do? Work until I die. I will have no "retirement" and will continue to work to maintain health coverage until I die (as did my grandparents before me).

The Obamacare "no denials for pre-existing conditions" is a bold faced, cynical lie.

When I tell my patients I will be working until I die, they are happy to have continuity of care. I had hoped for a few years of hiking/expanded exploration of the National Parks before my ultimate demise- that is not going to happen (despite having accumulated substantial personal assets and savings).

One wonders, given my circumstances, what the hell the average American is going to do in the future? I am, by every estimate, to be wealthy. Yet I cannot ever retire and need to keep working. This does not bother me, as I am used to it. However, I am very concerned about the well being of my fellow Americans who are being robbed of the "American Dream" and will be federal serfs for the rest of their lives.

What are we to do, as a nation?

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 10-13-2016 at 07:59 PM..

Old 10-13-2016, 07:54 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Lying and stealing is what Democrats do, embrace it.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have to vote for Trump before finding out what is in his plan?

Who would fall for such an asinine idea?
Liberals,that's who!

Passing a bill and not knowing what's in it is a better one?

Old 10-13-2016, 08:25 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Obama Lied. My Third Health Plan Just Died.
Pie lesu domine Dona eis requiem *THUNK*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies