Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 02:06 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times

Advertisements

for Democrats and others who voted for Bill Clinton:

I'm just wondering if the whole Monica Lewinski scandal happened in Bill's first term, and assuming he'd still be eligible to run for a second would you still vote for him over a morally decent conservative? Or would the issues you care about override his piggly indiscretions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 03:14 PM

491 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
for Democrats and others who voted for Bill Clinton:

I'm just wondering if the whole Monica Lewinski scandal happened in Bill's first term, and assuming he'd still be eligible to run for a second would you still vote for him over a morally decent conservative? Or would the issues you care about override his piggly indiscretions?
Sadly, I suspect that Bill Clinton would have politically survived and still been re-elected by a healthy margin. If people truly cared about morals, they would have clamored for Bill's resignation after it was proven that he perjured himself. Instead, his popularity surged to new heights (largely because of the strong economy that existed in the 90s, though it's highly debatable just how much Clinton was responsible for that). If there were no term-limits, I have little doubt that Bill would have handily won a third term in 2000.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
If people truly cared about morals, neither of the current Presidential candidates would be running.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:17 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Bill only problem was he lied about it , he should of admitted it " hell yea I did, 60 year old with a 21"

Old 10-12-2016, 03:17 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
If Leftists were truly as outraged over Trump's private comments, they would not continue to treat Bill Clinton as a rockstar. Instead they would boo Bill off the stage.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:25 PM

491 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Bill only problem was he lied about it , he should of admitted it " hell yea I did, 60 year old with a 21"
I find it so pathetic that partisan Democrats claim that Bill was impeached over a blow job, when he was impeached because he committed perjury.

Obviously, when Bill told the American people (and a grand jury) that he didn't have sex with "that woman," he never thought that he would be caught in a lie. And if he lied about having an affair with Monica Lewinsky, I personally believe that he lied about far worse behavior (even though there is no "smoking-gun" evidence that proves him guilty of raping Paula Jones & Company). If there is any justice in this world, I hope that the whole truth about the Clintons will one day be known (though, sadly, I am not holding my breath for that to happen).

Old 10-12-2016, 06:49 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Default Thanks for the replies...

I really can't stand both of our candidates. I think the problem the Republicans have is so many of them want to be the "family values" party and Trump doesn't fit in. Now the Pubs are stuck with him if they want to defeat Hillary.

I do have to say though... I don't yell at the screen very often, but I sure did when Hillary was looking all high and mighty there at the debate considering her husband being the lady's man when they were married. Oh yeah, they still are!

p.s. It's true he was impeached because he lied about his tryst, not the tryst itself.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Yep. The Republicans in the mid to late 90's were a bunch of wackos.

Maybe if it'd been some like Jack Kemp or Bill Weld, then yeah...I could've and probably would've voted for the Republican.

But no conservative Republicans and DEFINITELY not a Republican from the South, Plains States, or Mountain West.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:49 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
*shrug* it's just politically weaponized sexism or racism in an election.

It was used on Hillary in 2008 (by Obama)....and will be used in the future by whichever party is able.

Of course it's hypocritical but politics is all about lies, spin and whatnot.

In complete fairness, I personally don't think Trump has done anything worse than Bill Clinton....but it makes me wonder what sort of total dweebs we are going to get in 20 years when their entire facebook or text history is available and *gasp* they sent a dirty joke or a picture or anything else.

We already know the answer to that, we'll wind up handing out "free passes" based upon party loyalties to candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies