Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 AM

206 posts, read 112,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Illegals need to go
Muslim refugees need to go
Legal immigration needs to stop for 20 years(exceptions for doctors/engineers etc)
H1b visa program needs to stop
Globalism needs to stop
We need strong borders
We need fair trade and bad trade agreements must end
Manufacturing needs to come back
Finally someone who understands the issues instead of all this liberal media crap, focusing on garbage! I can guarantee you westcoast, no one will come in here and logically debate you about these real ISSUES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 07:51 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I can negate all of your fears and concerns regarding the future of your country with two simple words.

"That's racist".

Bam. Say goodbye to the word you knew.

LOL, yeah pretty much that. I'm so sick of hearing that word.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:54 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
While there is much truth to this, most people cannot really relate because we are neither big city elitist nor poor rural people. We are somewhere in the middle and we still have to choose.
You don't have to be very poor or very rural to get it.

Like the writer, I'm from an economically devestated area and have family and friends who are still there and dealing with it.

Take a look at upstate NY, it's a whole other world from NYC.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I thought that post would annoy the Trumpets. If by some disastrous reason the Donald wins, I will work very hard with my Democratic friends to organize to elect his replacement. Considering the chaos he will create that should be relatively easy providing he and his tyrannical friends actually allow more elections.

FWIW: I am, indeed, a Baby Boomer, and I expect to be around for at least four or five more elections. While intellectually an atheist, as I do not believe in spiritual magic, I have listened to the Old Gods when they choose to speak to me. I know that was a creation of my own mind but their advice and warnings were most useful.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deplorable Jim View Post
What will you Libs do when Trump wins? Flee to France? How about Canada? You can rub elbows with your tender Muslim buddies.

You and I don't exist in the parallel universe where Drumpf wins.

In this universe, I'm enjoying the most entertaining election in living memory.

See ya Nov 9th.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No need to read it....... I truly believe ppl are being controlled BY THE ELITE!!

They have no use of thier own minds and it IS scary!!
It's more scary than people realize. People come here to escape dictatorships and poverty but the American people who live in a bubble don't understand how these dictators are able to gain control. You don't need a military to take over, it takes people who are struggling willing to buy into someone who promises to save them, and when the media covers for their corruption, it's very dangerous for the people.

When the media stops being the watch dog and is controlled, owned, favored by the political elite or by a party (democrat or republican), it's very dangerous for the people.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:57 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I can reasonably expect my social Security and Veteran's disability checks to not only keep coming in but actually increase if the Democrats take over the Executive and the House and Senate. I expect they will stop if the Republicans get to completely run the show but their hyper wealthy contributors will do just fine.

I am voting Democrat for my own self interest.
if those checks were going to be taken away by Republicans, they would have done it a long time ago....

Old 10-13-2016, 11:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's more scary than people realize. People come here to escape dictatorships and poverty but the American people who live in a bubble don't understand how these dictators are able to gain control. You don't need a military to take over, it takes people who are struggling willing to buy into someone who promises to save them, and when the media covers for their corruption, it's very dangerous for the people.

When the media stops being the watch dog and is controlled, owned, favored by the political elite or by a party (democrat or republican), it's very dangerous for the people.
Very good post!

Old 10-13-2016, 12:01 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Career politicians have been ruining the country for decades. They are far removed from real Americans to the point they don't even bother to represent us anymore.

The country was founded with the idea that politicians would be part-time in that role, much as is the case in many state legislatures. Now they worm their way into lifetime positions and disregard us all.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Illegals need to go
Muslim refugees need to go
Legal immigration needs to stop for 20 years(exceptions for doctors/engineers etc)
H1b visa program needs to stop
Globalism needs to stop
We need strong borders
We need fair trade and bad trade agreements must end
Manufacturing needs to come back

Totally with you on this!!! I am an engineer & came here for higher studies more than a decade back. Had to work extra hard to maintain my status, get good grades, get internship, job, keep the job until green card. It was not an easy process & thats how it should be. Its a privilege to be in a great country & immigrants have to earn & respect it. Some of my highly qualified engineer friends are still waiting for their green card & some of them moved back home because the illegal immigrants got ahead of them. So according to them, whats the point?? They loved this country as much as I do but felt betrayed & cheated when Dems pushed them aside to help law breakers jump the line.

You know your system is failing when hardworking people get punished & lazy, deceitful freeloaders get rewarded. Its the same reason people left their third world countries to move to an equal opoortunity culture in first world countries. But we are slipping from first world country status & as a result we are losing qualified hardworkers & flooding the country with ignorant, cunning free loaders. Just because an empty mind is easily controlled whereas an educated, rational mind asks questions & not easily convinced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies