Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times

Advertisements

It now has become very apparent that the MSM is walking in lockstep with the Clinton machine to get her elected.

They have figured out how to completely control the narrative by controlling the flow and type of information that the public sees and thereby shape/warp public perception of anyone running for office or already in office. If they don't agree with you or you don't fit "their" idea of what is right/proper they set out to destroy you with an avalanche of slanted stories either true or untrue. If untrue they "might" offer a retraction weeks later and buried somewhere near the obits.

Most "news" agencies are completely controlled by progressives now, that's been proven by who they publicly donate campaign funds to, who they willingly admit they are voting for and their actions. There is no evidence of them leaving bias at the door as they go about their work, they don't even bother to try and hide it anymore as it seems people have been conditioned to just not care.

It's complete people, as evidenced by this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:02 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,213,280 times
And the sour grape harvest continues unabated.

Isn't it long past time to admit the problem stems from running a buffoon for POTUS and not people calling him what he is?

Old 10-13-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Isn't it long past time to admit the problem stems from running a buffoon for POTUS and not people calling him what he is?
You realize any good candidate on either side have been crushed over the years by..... MSM constantly repeating National Enquirer type stories instead of actual FACTS and actual NEWS?

As I've said before, I'm not voting for either side of the current debacle so your comment is moot.
I understand, it's real hard to admit when one is being led around by their nose by people who do NOT have your best interests in mind, only their own.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 8 hours ago)

27,537 posts, read 16,018,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize any good candidate on either side have been crushed over the years by..... MSM constantly repeating National Enquirer type stories instead of actual FACTS and actual NEWS?

As I've said before, I'm not voting for either side of the current debacle so your comment is moot.
I understand, it's real hard to admit when one is being led around by their nose by people who do NOT have your best interests in mind, only their own.
Trumps flamboyancy and the msm's spin machine creates plenty of fodder, but If we look at the last few elections you would notice the same pattern.. not quite so harsh but similar were~ Romneys a racist, 1%... McCain is racist, Palin, not qualified ... Meanwhile obama praised. msm leans left no doubt about it. Excuse the previous poster, he is in the tank for hilLIARy even if he says otherwise.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Trumps flamboyancy and the msm's spin machine creates plenty of fodder, but If we look at the last few elections you would notice the same pattern.. not quite so harsh but similar were~ Romneys a racist, 1%... McCain is racist, Palin, not qualified ... Meanwhile obama praised. msm leans left no doubt about it. Excuse the previous poster, he is in the tank for hilLIARy even if he says otherwise.
Control the information/message and you control the populace. It seems to be working well so far.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:14 AM

16,403 posts, read 8,482,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

LOL
As if this election is the only example of media bias.

But since you bring up this election, lets explore it a little. Putting aside that Hillary is likely the most arrogant, corrupt and dishonest candidate to ever run in modern times, just look at the lack of coverage of her flaws by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Now I know you will probably reflexively say FOX news is conservative, but take this little challenge to decide for yourself.

If your DVR is like mine, you can record at least 3 channels simultaneously. Set it to record MSNBC - CNN - FOX for the next 24 hours.
[You can also record the big 3 national news broadcasts at 6:30 - 7:00pm]

Then fast forward through the various newscasts (you can ignore the talking heads if you like because it is all political commentary) and see which ones cover both candidates troubles/problems, and which ones only attack one candidate.
[You can tell even in fast forward because the headline moniker below, tells you the subject matter they are discussing]
This is a perfect time to do it because between active Wikileaks and sexual assault claims, both candidates should be getting hammered with bad press on all three stations.
Then come back to report your findings to the rest of us.

---

For those of you who do not want to do it, I will tell you my observations having done exactly that yesterday.

MSNBC had continuous Trump allegations without even one discussion of any of the Wikileak stories.
Remember, there are thousands of emails released from not only Hillary, but her top aids/staffers. There are also plenty of DNC emails as well, exposing their covert attacks on Bernie Sanders, his supporters, as well as derogatory comments about Catholics, Hispanics. That is typically the juicy stuff MSNBC would love to report.
There are also bombshells about collusion between major media outlets and the Clinton campaign.
So even though the news about Trump is certainly fair game, you'd expect a "news" station to be reporting on all the other candidates news worthy issues, right?

CNN had virtually nothing but the Trump allegations and various other anti-Trump stories trying to tie in his crass comments to the accusations against him. There were only 2 times I saw them bring up the Wikileaks stories, so I stopped to listen to both segments.

One was about snarky comments made regarding Chelsea Clinton and how some staffer didn't care for her involvement in some innocuous thing, which didn't relate to any of the other really bad things that have been discovered. But at least there was a small pause from the constant Trump allegations.

Then the next segment about 3 hours later was not about the content of all the damaging emails/stories, but instead how Russia was behind hacking the emails, and implications about how Trump could be behind it.
They even rolled tape of Trump at a public rally suggesting the Russians try to find all the deleted emails and give them to the press. As if somehow he was responsible for Russia doing so.
That is right, nothing about the aforementioned collusion, DNC dirty tricks against some of their fellow Democrats, and certainly not anything related to Hillary, Catholics, etc.

FOX had (as liberals might suspect) a lot of Wikileaks stories, and considering how many have been released in the last few days, it presumably took time to cover them. I didn't listen to all the stories, but rest assured it showed all sorts of unbelievable stuff going on behind the scenes with top Hillary and DNC operatives.
HOWEVER, and this is the important part, FOX had 6 news stories about the Trump allegations. They were interviewing (D's) to get their take on the allegations, and allowing commentary unfavorable to Trump.
Now 2 of the 6 did not go into deep detail about the allegations, but they were discussions related to the timing of them, in relation to how long ago they were. I was surprised to hear one was over 30 years old.
The reason that surprised me was I didn't hear that on either of the other two stations until this morning on CNN.
So you'd wonder why that little tidbit was being left out on MSNBC & CNN?

Anyway, despite 2 of the 6 stories on FOX questioning the timing of the allegations, half a dozen stories about the allegations were covered. That is certainly much more balanced than a big fat goose egg on MSNBC, or 2 fluff pieces, one trying to attack the possible source of Russia, on CNN (despite thousands of damaging emails just released).

FOX is at least trying to cover both sides of the coin, whereas it seems apparent that the other two are burying the bigger and more damaging story regarding all the Wikileak revelations.

Thoughts?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:18 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
It now has become very apparent that the MSM is walking in lockstep with the Clinton machine to get her elected.

They have figured out how to completely control the narrative by controlling the flow and type of information that the public sees and thereby shape/warp public perception of anyone running for office or already in office. If they don't agree with you or you don't fit "their" idea of what is right/proper they set out to destroy you with an avalanche of slanted stories either true or untrue. If untrue they "might" offer a retraction weeks later and buried somewhere near the obits.

Most "news" agencies are completely controlled by progressives now, that's been proven by who they publicly donate campaign funds to, who they willingly admit they are voting for and their actions. There is no evidence of them leaving bias at the door as they go about their work, they don't even bother to try and hide it anymore as it seems people have been conditioned to just not care.

We have no media anymore- only left wing propaganda units.

One must obtain news from foreign sources and internet hackers.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:

No, I don't think you understand at all. Growing up in the NYC area I've been exposed to Trump's self-promoting BS for well over 35 years and have never thought him anything but a con-man, has nothing to do with the media or politics but everything to do with simple observation of the man.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 8 hours ago)

27,537 posts, read 16,018,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL
As if this election is the only example of media bias.

But since you bring up this election, lets explore it a little. Putting aside that Hillary is likely the most arrogant, corrupt and dishonest candidate to ever run in modern times, just look at the lack of coverage of her flaws by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Now I know you will probably reflexively say FOX news is conservative, but take this little challenge to decide for yourself.

If your DVR is like mine, you can record at least 3 channels simultaneously. Set it to record MSNBC - CNN - FOX for the next 24 hours.
[You can also record the big 3 national news broadcasts at 6:30 - 7:00pm]

Then fast forward through the various newscasts (you can ignore the talking heads if you like because it is all political commentary) and see which ones cover both candidates troubles/problems, and which ones only attack one candidate.
[You can tell even in fast forward because the headline moniker below, tells you the subject matter they are discussing]
This is a perfect time to do it because between active Wikileaks and sexual assault claims, both candidates should be getting hammered with bad press on all three stations.
Then come back to report your findings to the rest of us.

---

For those of you who do not want to do it, I will tell you my observations having done exactly that yesterday.

MSNBC had continuous Trump allegations without even one discussion of any of the Wikileak stories.
Remember, there are thousands of emails released from not only Hillary, but her top aids/staffers. There are also plenty of DNC emails as well, exposing their covert attacks on Bernie Sanders, his supporters, as well as derogatory comments about Catholics, Hispanics. That is typically the juicy stuff MSNBC would love to report.
There are also bombshells about collusion between major media outlets and the Clinton campaign.
So even though the news about Trump is certainly fair game, you'd expect a "news" station to be reporting on all the other candidates news worthy issues, right?

CNN had virtually nothing but the Trump allegations and various other anti-Trump stories trying to tie in his crass comments to the accusations against him. There were only 2 times I saw them bring up the Wikileaks stories, so I stopped to listen to both segments.

One was about snarky comments made regarding Chelsea Clinton and how some staffer didn't care for her involvement in some innocuous thing, which didn't relate to any of the other really bad things that have been discovered. But at least there was a small pause from the constant Trump allegations.

Then the next segment about 3 hours later was not about the content of all the damaging emails/stories, but instead how Russia was behind hacking the emails, and implications about how Trump could be behind it.
They even rolled tape of Trump at a public rally suggesting the Russians try to find all the deleted emails and give them to the press. As if somehow he was responsible for Russia doing so.
That is right, nothing about the aforementioned collusion, DNC dirty tricks against some of their fellow Democrats, and certainly not anything related to Hillary, Catholics, etc.

FOX had (as liberals might suspect) a lot of Wikileaks stories, and considering how many have been released in the last few days, it presumably took time to cover them. I didn't listen to all the stories, but rest assured it showed all sorts of unbelievable stuff going on behind the scenes with top Hillary and DNC operatives.
HOWEVER, and this is the important part, FOX had 6 news stories about the Trump allegations. They were interviewing (D's) to get their take on the allegations, and allowing commentary unfavorable to Trump.
Now 2 of the 6 did not go into deep detail about the allegations, but they were discussions related to the timing of them, in relation to how long ago they were. I was surprised to hear one was over 30 years old.
The reason that surprised me was I didn't hear that on either of the other two stations until this morning on CNN.
So you'd wonder why that little tidbit was being left out on MSNBC & CNN?

Anyway, despite 2 of the 6 stories on FOX questioning the timing of the allegations, half a dozen stories about the allegations were covered. That is certainly much more balanced than a big fat goose egg on MSNBC, or 2 fluff pieces, one trying to attack the possible source of Russia, on CNN (despite thousands of damaging emails just released).

FOX is at least trying to cover both sides of the coin, whereas it seems apparent that the other

Thoughts?
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:37 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:

Headed for a totalitarian news media. One sided to brainwash the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies