Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 09:12 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times

Advertisements

Bausch and Lomb 2020

uh oh, I feel my inner juvenile taking over....

Ofton Lye 2020 (ubiquitous I know)

Islip Fell 2020 (at the rate we are going with retiree aged candidates)

Hancock Witherspoon 2020 (two founding fathers surnames)

Bend Dover 2020 (what the people will ostensibly be asked by forked tongue politicians)

Pound Harder 2020 (what the people will get when they expose corruption)

Breston DeBussey 2020 (Bill Clinton and Donald Trump's dream ticket)

Pun Ichi 2020 (Hillary and Bill's 'inside' joke / Asian ticket as payoff to Clinton Foundation)

Pfister Peoples 2020 (telegraphing the impact)

McCluster Foch 2020 (what it likely will be)

Crooks Hung 2020 (what the people want)

Reardon Akin 2020 (how the productive taxpayer masses feel after four years of HRC)

Or how about a contending ticket of performers that can come together?

Parton Folds 2020 (Dolly and Ben)

Craven Cox 2020 (Wes and Courtney)

Seriously, a true paradigm shift in HOW candidates are vetted and elected is needed.
1) Eliminate money influence because money gravitates to those most compromised, compromise-able, and easily controlled.
2) Ban all political advertising
3) All candidates declare 18 months before election and have scheduled allotted equal time on: C span, NPR, PBS, etc.. allotted time to tell the public what they will do policy wise.
4) A nationwide referendum with quorum requirement for candidates to be elected; if enough people do not vote, all parties candidates are removed from slate and all new ones are selected and process begins anew.
5) Declare "election day" a National Holiday with stores closed and everyone monitors paper votes and counting - attempts to subvert the process get harshest penalty up to and including execution. If 'dead people' vote the culprits join them.
6) No GED no vote. It would serve as pushback to education system and the politically fostered government dependency non contributing class being made into large voting blocs.

That would be my start to rectifying the problems in America. Sadly, I feel more like the observer of ancient Rome about early 5th century AD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
Perhaps the gloves won't come off as much during the next republican primary, as they all see what schmucks they can look like if they don't win and have to endorse.

I'd like someone similar to trump, but not such an unintelligent, stubborn blowhard.
Outsider, build a wall, no more middle eastern immigration, cut spending and taxes.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Depends. If the GOP civil war gets big enough I could see them breaking into separate groups, with a far right, and a more centrist one. Or if the Democrats get into it with Sanders he could drive a third party that would be viewed as the far left.
I don't think there's any doubt that the Republican party will split after this election. The Trump faction has been telling us for a year that they loathe "establishment Republicans" by which they mean all those regular Republicans whose party it was before the Tea Party/Christian fundamentalist/white supremacists usurped it. There's no way they will ever support a mainstream Republican again.

I'd love to see a third party form that was center of the road moderates. It would attract a lot of disgruntled voters from both sides of the aisle.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Susana Martinez. Sad thing is, I don't know if she could win a Republican primary. But she would be a terrific, moderate Republican general election candidate. I could see voting for her (I am a Democrat.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Nikki Haley?
i could vote for either person for president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I disagree. Trump isn't a conservative. Romney was, but he faced Obama who had the advantage of incumbency. McCain was conservative, but Bush's approval rating was so low that he never had a chance.
mccain, romney and bush(both of them) ARE NOT coservatives. they are moderates at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Hillary will likely be a one-term President until the GOP puts up somebody horrible in 2020. It's almost inevitable as the country is due for another recession between now and 2020 and the party in the White House switches almost every time there is a recession.

If the GOP wants a hope of winning in 2020, they need to make changes to the primary process. Having so many rural, highly evangelical states early in the season forces candidates to move hard to the right just to get momentum, resulting in a candidate that is completely unelectable in the general election. They either need to make changes in terms of who votes when, or establish a superdelegate system like the Democrats have.
right, let establish a super delegate system for the republican party, that way they can be just like the democrats and let the party elite choose their candidate.

what the republican party needs is a candidate with testicles, and use them. rather someone like trump in fact, but more polished.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:46 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Definitely agree.Yes, but these were in the past. Conservative voters are dying. Left voters are being created every day. I think we're looking at essentially a one-party system for the Executive Branch. Conservatives will still receive enough votes to win in more localized elections (including US Senate and House) for another decade or two.
I agree with your last sentence. That is due to gerrymandering all the (House) districts. Then you wonder why the Congress doesn't do anything.

If the GOP learned to put AWAY social issues, and ignore the religious wingnuts, they would have a chance. They also need to bury their racism and be more inclusive.

But they're not happy unless they're intruding in people's houses and in their bedrooms. I'm FED UP with their religious nuts showing off their religiosity. Most of them are hypocrites who could benefit from psychotherapy.

I mean, who wouldn't like a smaller government, less taxes? DO NOT TOUCH SOCIAL SECURITY. Ryan needs to learn that. Nobody trusts Wall Street after Oct 2008.

Right or wrong, they are perceived as big time racists too.

The RNC has known about this for 3 cycles already. But, they don't learn.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A sock puppet would beat Hillary in 2020.

Why?

1. The stock market will be lower

2. incomes will continue to decline

3. poverty rates will be higher

4. work force participation will shrink

5. taxes will be higher

6. more people on food stamps

7. with Hillary's support for Pac-Rim, more exported jobs

8. Continued open borders

9. No rule of law, with the DOJ and the FBI allowing Bill and Hillary to do what they want

10. Two liberal Supreme Court Justices- anything goes

11. Further record lows in home ownership

12. more Hillary wars- she supported 2 and started 4

When the US starts to look like Mexico, finally people will wake up. Either liberalism will be defeated in elections, or states will leave the union.
You lack objective data to support your statements. Things can change at the drop of a hat. You should know that. That's why some people doubt you're a physician.

It's always the economy. Depends how things are in 2020.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i could vote for either person for president.

mccain, romney and bush(both of them) ARE NOT coservatives. they are moderates at best.

right, let establish a super delegate system for the republican party, that way they can be just like the democrats and let the party elite choose their candidate.

what the republican party needs is a candidate with testicles, and use them. rather someone like trump in fact, but more polished.

Right, because the moderates couldn't get the job done. Let's get someone even more reactionary-that ought to do it. SMH

Old 10-14-2016, 12:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Right, because the moderates couldn't get the job done. Let's get someone even more reactionary-that ought to do it. SMH
are you suggesting that democrats are somehow moderate? the super delegate system is as corrupt as one can be. but then where did i say a moderate cant get the job done? the fact is that i didnt. nice fail.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
are you suggesting that democrats are somehow moderate? the super delegate system is as corrupt as one can be. but then where did i say a moderate cant get the job done? the fact is that i didnt. nice fail.
1. A superdelegate is simply a part official(elected,appointed, distinguished) . They are not corrupt , nor is the system, you just dont like it. Mind you that no candidate has ever won the popular vote, but lost the superdelegates and vice versa except for Barack Obama, who lost the popular vote to Clinton(but won the most pledged delegates)

2. yes, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Clinton all fit the definition of moderate by any standard. Isnt that the big attack on her from the Podesta emails ????

Old 10-14-2016, 05:18 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
I think there's a good chance Hillary will be impeached before 2020 if she is elected and the Republicans hold the senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies