Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 03:25 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times

Advertisements

Haven't read the thread - but we are not better off. I was laid off - my husband took a pay cut - we're nearing retirement age and fearful we'll never be able to retire. I see more division between the races. More lawlessness. Stupidity the norm and snowflakes that feel they deserve everything for doing nothing besides an increase in social programs because the economy has gone to pot and Obama continues making money to shore up the market.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:38 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I can say this. Being an adult through two presidents, I can say it doesn't always matter. I had issues living under the Bush administration in my early adulthood. My father started to have problems towards the last year of it. I had issues finding work while I was in college. I struggled during the Obama administration. From 2015-onward, this is the best my life has ever been. Full time work, decent pay, I am doing fine. Better than I was in 2008. Better than in 2012. Better than in 2004. My father has been doing better under the 2nd part of the Obama administration than under Bush.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:59 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
The data overwhelmingly refutes the OP's claims.

Media wages are down

Median income is down

Median net worth is down

Homeownership is at record lows

Private debt is up

Public debt has doubled under Obama

There are a record number of people receiving food stamps

There are a record number of people on welfare

By every measure the average American is worse off under Obama that they were before the recession.

There has been no recovery for the working Americans.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:47 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Bush isn't running, it is Crooked Hillary and Slick Willie trying to lie their way into the White House.

It is reported that if Crooked Hillary wins Slick Willie will join the White House staff as Manager of Interns.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:57 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Haven't read the thread - but we are not better off. I was laid off - my husband took a pay cut - we're nearing retirement age and fearful we'll never be able to retire. I see more division between the races. More lawlessness. Stupidity the norm and snowflakes that feel they deserve everything for doing nothing besides an increase in social programs because the economy has gone to pot and Obama continues making money to shore up the market.

Yet the housing market along with the depletion of 401k's occurred under Bush's watch.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:55 PM

1,327 posts, read 722,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccabees_ View Post
Don't know about you but everyone I know including myself are now better off when compared to the crap we endured during the Bush Administration. (Stealing from the poor and giving to the rich).

I had a 60k salary which ended in 2006 due to the financial meltdown and real estate was about to pop a few years later.

I was jobless for 2+ years. Only had 300 bucks left in savings. Had to move back to my parents.

Then, Obama won the election and everything changed for me.

I now have my own place, have a 4 unit rental and have my own business. I work barely 5 hours a week.

From 60k under the Clinton Admin to 0 during the Bush admin to now, in the six figures.

Stocks is up, Economy is up, gas price is down, real estate made a recovery, everyone has health care. Man we have it good!

Not sure why Republicans are crying. We're making more money than ever. I have 100k sitting stocks alone.
Your lies won't help Clinton, sorry. Not even a good troll. ---> Ignore

Old 10-18-2016, 09:59 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Default Amazing grant recipient

Quote:

I had a 60k salary which ended in 2006 due to the financial meltdown and real estate was about to pop a few years later.

I was jobless for 2+ years. Only had 300 bucks left in savings. Had to move back to my parents.

Then, Obama won the election and everything changed for me.

I now have my own place, have a 4 unit rental and have my own business. I work barely 5 hours a week.

From 60k under the Clinton Admin to 0 during the Bush admin to now, in the six figures.

Thanks Obama!

Stocks is up, Economy is up, gas price is down, real estate made a recovery, everyone has health care. Man we have it good!

Not sure why Republicans are crying. We're making more money than ever. I have 100k sitting stocks alone.
Do you transport illegals during your 5 hours of work each week? How do you buy four apartments with only $300? That small business you run 🏃, you didn't build that. That was Obama.

Actually with all those stocks, you are part of the 1% oppressors that clearly don't pay enough taxes. Are you donating any salary? Are you volunteering at any soup kitchens? Do you have any guilt for having so much money? 💰

Old 10-18-2016, 10:02 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Heath care is out of site and many people work part time because the cot of health care.

Wages are depressed.

yea thanks Obama!

Old 10-18-2016, 10:04 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
Your lies won't help Clinton, sorry. Not even a good troll. ---> Ignore
Looks like you haven't been paying attention. Clinton doesn't need any help.

Trump's done. Except for the shouting, it's over.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:12 PM

16,584 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
. We're making more money than ever.
Some have, but most have not.

The job market is very limited for most people, and many small business employers are only hiring part time to avoid Obamacare requirements.
Unemployment is much higher than the figures show because so many people have dropped off the radar that no longer are even looking for a job.
Under Obama, black unemployment has skyrocketed, and welfare, food stamps and the like have reached historic levels.
I could go on, but it will likely be ignored since you are clearly a partisan just trying to promote your ideology at the expense of real suffering in this country.

So I am glad to hear you are doing well, but don't assume others are praising Obama like you are trying to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies