Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One has to agree these kinds of things happen at work no less. Doesn't mean a women has no rights to fight back. I would say it is most likely limited to certain jobs. Even, NBC is now being accused of sexual harassment on the job.

Why is it women find men doing this offensive, but not women are just lonely and looking for love. Women are known for stalking and having sex with students, not sure being a teacher is limiting sexual harassment.
The history of " sexual harassment" as an offence is rooted in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which has had a profound impact on the country over the past 52 years. The legislative history of the Act shows more Republicans than Democrats favored it, albeit, the Republican Nominee Barry Goldwater voted against it. These votes tended to be more a reflection of geographical ideology than partisanship. Reps from Southern states tended to oppose while Northern states favored it.

I entered the workforce in the late 70's when sex discrimination and harassment was a protected institution. "The gals" knew who to avoid after the men returned from 3 hour martini lunches. It was understood "boys will be boys" and were somehow not responsible for their behaviors. They just could not help themselves and all that. This included priests, Boy Scout Troop Leaders and coaches who molested children while the institutions buried their heads.

The larger the employer, the more claims of harassment occurs.

As litigation increased and courts ruled against employers, commercial insurance began to offer liability insurance to protect clients against claims of sexual harassment and molestation. Such insurance typically requires a business to maintain documented policies and procedures prohibiting such practices and the processes for resolving complaints which are not limited to female vs male.

52 years is a blip in time as it relates to history of global ideologies, governments and religions viewing women as chattel.

Invariably, it's usually a guy who feels compelled to toss out the red herring of women being known for "stalking and having sex with students" kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
We are past the point of selecting a candidate with high moral standards & clean past. We can keep on digging into their past & compare whose skeleton is more horrifying. So I am voting for issues, not the people. Not a fan of either of them so will go with the candidate who doesnt repeat Merkel's policies that opened borders for refugees & destroyed europe. So I am voting for Trump.

These are exactly like third world country elections where issues are much bigger than the candidate's character, past or morals. You have to address elephant in the room. In successful countries there are not many critical problems (ex Europe before refugees) so you can 'afford' to scrutinize & nitpick your candidate's integrity. But beggars cannot be choosers. We have to address huge issues that are ready to crush us.
Well stated. It is understood that both of the nominees are seriously flawed characters.

Thus far, I cannot get over the conflicts of interest both candidates present and do not intend to vote for either of them.

I can cherry pick positions of both candidates that I support and oppose. The slate contains 2 of the most unpopular nominees, in recent history. Seems to me whichever one wins, he/she will not have a mandate and Congress is not going to roll over and follow the lead. Democracy = compromise.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:24 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If you're voting for issues, you may want to start with issues that affect at least 50% of this country -- women. And that would include sexual assault on women which has been pushed under the rug for too long. Every woman I know, including me, have been either harassed or assaulted at some point or at several points in their lives. This is not just locker room banter. This isn't a man just talking to another man. This is a man who wants to run the most powerful country in the world.
Absolutely true. Thank you for stating it so well.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:26 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Hillary KNEW the guy was a rapist, and she did way more than just acccpet a plea deal. she blamed the victim. period

but lets be clear about this. my point here is not to say that Hillary is evil and trump is a saint. I have not brought this up independent of Progs trying to disqualify Trump on moral grounds.

My POINT is that you cannot disqualify Trump on moral grounds while making a comparison to Hillary. PERIOD.

Hillary did MANY things at the time to make that case go away. Hillarys moral failures are many and varied and this is just the most ugly.

anyone suggesting that Donald Trump has done things that are immoral in nature, cannot qualify Hillary on that basis.

if you don't like Trump because of his actions, then vote Jill Stein. because Hillary has no morality at all.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM

865 posts, read 623,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Conservatives can't argue on substance, so they distract and lie. Trump Jr's comments align with other GOPer comments including his dad's and the recent base lashing out about repealing the 19th Amendment.

Trump and Trump Jr represent the conservative id.
Do you realize what thread you're commenting in? Talk about distracting, this is a comment that a candidate's son made!

Pot <-> Kettle

Old 10-14-2016, 01:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Uh, it's you that's apparently unaware that Trump's first wife did accuse him of rape. Granted she withdrew the accusation saying she didn't mean it in the criminal sense but I find nothing where she says she wasn't forced. I guess you're also unaware that Clinton and Trump have the same number of rape convictions too, right? And please don't try to sell the snake oil that Trump is above payoffs either.
Marriages and divorces can be messy.....I wouldn't even go here if Bill was accused of raping Hillary! You are digging at the bottom of the barrel!

No one has come forward and said they have bee paid off by Trump, now have they?

Quote:
I'm aware that today the Trumpettes are still in denial.
No, we are aware you Hillaryettes are covering up for her sexual predator husband and encouraging her bad behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The history of " sexual harassment" as an offence is rooted in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which has had a profound impact on the country over the past 52 years. The legislative history of the Act shows more Republicans than Democrats favored it, albeit, the Republican Nominee Barry Goldwater voted against it. These votes tended to be more a reflection of geographical ideology than partisanship. Reps from Southern states tended to oppose while Northern states favored it.

I entered the workforce in the late 70's when sex discrimination and harassment was a protected institution. "The gals" knew who to avoid after the men returned from 3 hour martini lunches. It was understood "boys will be boys" and were somehow not responsible for their behaviors. They just could not help themselves and all that. This included priests, Boy Scout Troop Leaders and coaches who molested children while the institutions buried their heads.

The larger the employer, the more claims of harassment occurs.

As litigation increased and courts ruled against employers, commercial insurance began to offer liability insurance to protect clients against claims of sexual harassment and molestation. Such insurance typically requires a business to maintain documented policies and procedures prohibiting such practices and the processes for resolving complaints which are not limited to female vs male.

52 years is a blip in time as it relates to history of global ideologies, governments and religions viewing women as chattel.

Invariably, it's usually a guy who feels compelled to toss out the red herring of women being known for "stalking and having sex with students" kind of thing.
This is ridiculous since many female teachers have done this "kind of thing" to young boys, some only being 10-12 yrs old.......shameful for you to ignore this known fact!

Old 10-14-2016, 01:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
\
Hillary helped a rapist walk out of jail. and you think Trump is morally bad.

just helping you understand yourself.
The last thing anyone needs is help from the confused in understanding themselves.

Did I mention Hillary at all in a comparative sense in my post...NOPE!

Does the title of this thread mention Hillary at all in any way? Again....NOPE!

Would helping you understand the topic of the thread be in any way effective? Let me guess...again NOPE!

Perhaps it is yourself needing an Oxford dictionary and perhaps it is yourself that could seek what you find under "U" for UNDERSTAND?

Old 10-14-2016, 01:34 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
My POINT is that you cannot disqualify Trump on moral grounds while making a comparison to Hillary. PERIOD.

anyone suggesting that Donald Trump has done things that are immoral in nature, cannot qualify Hillary on that basis.
Please refer back to the title of the thread and the initial post........see anything even remotely mentioning Hillary Clinton?

Old 10-14-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
sure . you go with that.

blather about what isn't true. it is true. ive heard her VOICE talking about it.

I have watched the woman who as a girl was raped.

its a matter of public record. you cannot run from it.

Hillary was quoted saying that she got the guy a lie detector test, he passed and that forever made her distrust lie detector tests. if that isn't an admission that she knew the facts I don't know what is.

I also did not say that Hillary claimed the girl "made it up" that isn't true. There is no way to "make up 100+ stitches in ones va gina. What Hillary did do, is use "experts" (at least according to Hillary) to show that the girl brought it on herself. that she WANTED to have sex with the guy. These are facts.

PS, your snopes link, does say that Hillary "chuckled at some aspects of the case". Lets be clear that snopes is run by liberals. That's well documented. they down played what Hillary did.
Whoa.

In 2008 Hillary was a candidate for nomination.

In 2008, Newsweek interviewed Kathy while in prison serving a sentence for a theft crime. At the time Kathy made clear she understood Hillary was only doing her job back in 1975.

In 2016, the Daily Beast broke the story that Kathy felt betrayed by Hillary.

Earlier this month, Kathy was a party of the parade of victims dome wrong by the Clintons, at debate #2

During subsequent interviews she claims the rape occurred in the afternoon, to have been in a Coma for 5 days and to have had a lot of stitches, all of which contradicts the 1975 case.

Around midnight she snuck out to be with a 15 year old boy she had a crush on. The truck was driven by an older guy, Taylor They gave her whisky and Coke to drink. They eventually pulled off the road and Taylor went for a walk while the 15 year old boy and Kathy got busy. The way the story goes, is that Taylor, the older guy, returned and climbed on Kathy.

About 4:00AM, Kathy and her mother present at the ER and claim rape.

Both the 15 year old and Taylor were arrested. Both claimed innocence. 15 year old said sex was consensual. Taylor denied.

Hillary was appointed by the court to defend Taylor. As such, she had an uncompromized duty to prepare and execute the best defence possible for her client, even if she believed him guilty.

Her client passed the lie detector test. The lab lost evidence. The 12 year old had a history of making false claims. The prosecuting attorney recieved the court's approval to offer a plea bargain for Hillary's client. As his defence attorney she had an obligation to communicate the offer to her client.

Had Kathy been in a coma or recieved 100's of stitches, the prosecution would have had something to work with. But that's not what happened.

This was a sensational local case. There is nothing to indicate that either Kathy or her mother were dissatisfied with the outcome.

It's unfortunate that media and the Trump campaign chose to prey on this vulnerable wasted woman to create a perception that Hillary did her wrong. It's unfortunate that a media counted on the general public's ignorance of the distinct roles and responsibilities of a court appointed prosecuter and defence.

I sincerely hope Kathy has been compensated for her 15 minutes of fame.

There are many reasons to not vote for Hillary. This is not one of them.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you aware Trump has not been accused of rape and Mr Clinton has by several women, one even got a payoff? Why is Leeds lying about knowing Hillary, even working for Hillary?

Are you aware at the time the Clinton women came forward they were label mentally unstable and liars......but now we are to believe women who have been silent until now. Are you willing to fall for anything?
Not true.

[Donald Trump will face child rape charges in court, says lawyer for alleged victim | The Independent

The 1997 lawsuit alleging Donald Trump groped a woman.

The Allegations Women Have Made Against Donald Trump - NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies