Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Stop with this crap, seriously.

They are both trash candidates. I REFUSE to vote for either Trump or Hillary, and I don't give a rip about people who think I am wasting my vote.

It's not a cop out. I would say what voting for the lesser of two evils is, but that probably wouldn't go over so well, so I'll pass and vote for neither.

I'll let you know if I need your opinion on who I vote...or don't vote for, though.
It's getting real,real old hearing "if you don't pick one of the two evils you waste your vote".
There is nothing in any of our founding documents or writings that says one has to hold one's nose to vote. That idea is one promoted by the TWO parties that want to keep control PERIOD.

You only "waste" your vote if you don't use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 11:45 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL
Yeah, throwing your vote away on someone with zero chance of winning is a total cop out.
All one needs to do is pick the lesser of two evils between Trump and Hillary.
This mentality is why we're in this predicament in the first place.

Things can and do change one person at a time.

I choose to be a part of the exodus from the filthy coin that the Democratic Party and the GOParty are both merely two sides of.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, for arguments sake, you'd rather have your kid taught to constantly lie,cheat and enable abusers, use your position to enrich yourself at the expense of your country?
I find it interesting how serious flaws, flaws that we'd never,ever take from someone in our own families can be overlooked for one reason or another...
So you would rather have your kid sit with someone who is known to sexually attack women, who demeans women, who constantly lies and uses their position and wealth to enrich themselves at the expensive of others?

Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you would rather have your kid sit with someone who is known to sexually attack women, who demeans women, who constantly lies and uses their position and wealth to enrich themselves at the expensive of others?
Would you be talking about Bill or Trump? I'm confused...

Old 10-14-2016, 12:15 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Her words speak volumes about Trump AND Hillary. Again this is just your convenient interpretation to try and spin it to support for Trump over Hillary.
In that same article she stated: "He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia."

She is more afraid of the war monger than Trump. That is clear from her comments. Hillary has made herself clear in deeds and actions.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In that same article she stated: "He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia."

She is more afraid of the war monger than Trump. That is clear from her comments. Hillary has made herself clear in deeds and actions.
Whatever gives folks hope...if its "support" from Jill Stein then so be it.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:38 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I am going to vote for Donald Trump, not because he is a paragon of virtue, rather I am voting for him because Hillary is so unfit.

As Sec of State she failed at every turn. Instead of improving relations with Russia, she insulted them and poisoned the water.

As a political figure who has been involved in American politics for 30 years, no one can give a list of her great accomplishments. When asked what has she done to make peoples lives better, its astonishing how little her most ardent supporters can come up with.

She is plagued with controversy after controversy. She has shown utter contempt for American law and disdain for Americas Secrets.

Beyond that She has stated quiet clearly she approves of Australia's compulsive gun buy back program that effectlively disarmed that nation. She believes in this kind of action.

She believes that the fix for a broken economy is to pull MORE money out of the economy and pour it into the government. I disagree with this.

SHe supported the Affordable Care Act which the vast majority of Americans agree has been a failure. In fact it is such a complete failure that it has not even been completely put into full operation.

She has stated that she believes we should bring more people from war torn Muslim countries into America even while the Director of the FBI and the National Security advisor have said we cannot vet these people.

She has stated she believes in Hemispheric OPEN BOARDERS and she wants to not only legalize but hand citizenship to 10 to 20 million illegal aliens now in this country.

these are her positions that she has clearly outlined. However, she has also stated that there is a difference for her between public an private positions on issues, so in addition to what she has said, she cannot be trusted. She cannot be trusted because she has said she cannot be trusted.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:38 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Sorry, but its a silly question, like asking which one I'd prefer to work on my car, fix my teeth or landscape my yard. We're looking for a president, and the only thing that counts are their stated policy positions on national issues, and whether they can be trusted to keep their promises. I'm not interested in their personal lives, neither of them.

Except -- if I had to pick one to do my taxes I'd pick Trump.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:40 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
I've seen a lot of analogies for this election recently (not just here) where the government is the parent and the citizens are the children. I know this isn't exactly that, but it's still really interesting to me. It's like subconsciously people think the state is the adult version of mommy or daddy.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:02 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I've seen a lot of analogies for this election recently (not just here) where the government is the parent and the citizens are the children. I know this isn't exactly that, but it's still really interesting to me. It's like subconsciously people think the state is the adult version of mommy or daddy.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if how you learn to deal with your parents authority as a kid probably does have a lot to do with how you view and deal with authority later, whether its your boss, the cop who pulls you over, or the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies