Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wish the two major candidates each have a crisis causing them to drop out?
Yes 23 40.35%
No 27 47.37%
I'm just on the cusp of hoping so. 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 11:03 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,503,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think this country is horrible for nominating these two. All I hear is people complaining about them yet they voted for them. Republicans had a chance of winning the white house with anyone other than Trump. You guys really blew it
I didn't vote for Trump.

Why did you not also mention the Dems blew it by nominating Hillary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 11:34 AM

50,377 posts, read 23,969,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm sorry, but I see both Trump and Hillary as horrible people that should not be POTUS.

Is it wrong that I hope they both have serious medical issues that cause them each to drop out?
Don't wish something on someone else that you would not wish for yourself.

I would be happy if they both dropped out, but not for that reason.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:40 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,254,443 times
A "wish" or a "hope" is just some electrical impulses and neurotransmitters flitting about inside a conscious animal's skull. It's just a type of thought. It has no power, no effect anywhere but inside your consciousness. The Universe isn't keeping score. You are responsible and accountable only to your self when it comes to thoughts (at least here in 2016).

I say go ahead and "wish" and "hope" away. Or, if you don't want to, don't. It makes no difference.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't wish something on someone else that you would not wish for yourself.

I would be happy if they both dropped out, but not for that reason.
Here is a question for you. Let's pretend Bush's VP was actually against the invasion of Iraq. If that were true, and Bush had a heart issue that required him to cede power to that VP which decided to not invade, would that have been something you would have wanted?

I can say that in such a scenario, it would be something I would have wanted.

I don't care if it isn't PC to say I wish something bad on someone I feel will cause great hardship or death for lots of people.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:49 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,918,776 times
I wanted Sanders v. Kasich.

I could stomach either.

Trump and Hillary?

I want no part of Hillary, but really Trump? There's a strong a persuasive message to be brought against Hillary, but he lacks the ability to actually convey that message. He is literally her only shot at being POTUS, and it's working of course.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Sick thinking. I voted NO but again sick thinking about our country and where we've been and where we are. People who are so unhappy here the U.S. should leave. So many could be happier in a smaller country.
No, no American citizen needs to leave the country. What they need to do is work through the political system set up by our Constitution to change their environment...and perhaps also try to work on their own personal issues.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Can you elaborate further on why it's wrong?
Have you never heard of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? What's so complex about this?

Old 10-15-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Have you never heard of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? What's so complex about this?
So, as an extreme example, you wouldn't have wished anything bad on Hitler?

Old 10-15-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
"Have a crisis" can mean more information comes out that totally sinks both candidates. It doesn't have to mean you wish for physical harm.
The OP said: "Is it wrong that I hope they both have serious medical issues that cause them each to drop out?"

Old 10-15-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
George Washington said Political Factions (parties) could ruin this country.

How true in 2016.

If Hillary were not a political elite she would be in jail - her sheep protect her.

If Trump were the Democratic nominee all of the Republicans would be hitting him with the same comments that the Democrats are instead of excusing it.

Are we a Banana Republic?
I'd say more a banana split.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies