Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 07:53 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,147,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
This isn't likely to go over very well with the base. Sort of the thing that Al Gore would refer to as "an unconvenient truth".

John Kasich interview with Business Insider - Business Insider
Kasich is a typical RINO . Expanding Medicaid, supports NAFTA and. TPP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 08:07 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,465,167 times
Kasich, Rubio, Cruz, and heck even Walker would be leading against Clinton right now. All head to head polls vs. Clinton indicated this in the early spring for the first three (and more or less remained the same for Trump who is lagging behind Clinton) Clinton is an extremely flawed candidate, but you guys managed to nominate an even more flawed candidate.

Trump is not temperamentally fit to be the leader of the greatest country on earth (yes, America is great) and the free world. He's proved this time and time again. There is nothing inspirational about his message. Rather than appealing to aspirations, hopes, and dreams of Americans, he exploits the basest emotions of fear and anger. Bush described Trump as the chaos candidate and predicted that he'll be the chaos president, and boy does that prediction look on target.

You guys not only gave up the White House but the Supreme Court as well. For a generation I might add. For what? A bunch of jingoism, false promises, and crude theatrics.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Anyone that recognizes Clinton is a flawed candidate and will vote for her anyways, wouldn't have voted for Cruze, Rubio or Kasich either. Besides, what good would the latter be? Might as well vote for Clinton than an imitation. Don't get me wrong, as a conservative I'd much rather have even Rubio or Kasich than Clinton, but I'm happy with Trump. The "moderates" and Independents were going to vote for Hillary regardless after the media got done working over the Republican nominee. Identity politics wins again.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:39 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Lots of talking about old white people in a derogatory fashion here. Seems to go along with another thread about it being cool to hate America.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I'm no fan of the GOP but Kasich is correct. Even Reince Priebus says the party has to evolve and move to the left to survive. it's not rocket science... The Trump campaign effort now is directed at destroying the party since he can't win. Even Gingrich is calling him out now. Trump's legacy will be a one party system with a bunch of angry old white guys standing on the sidelines.
The party needs to rebuke the racism and homophobia.

I think the GOP can win on things like lower taxes for the rich (trickle down), the free market, capitalism, and strong nationalism. However, as long as its tied to racism and homophobia, they will never win another national election.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:01 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Kasich is hooked up with the wrong party...he needs to defect to the other side.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:36 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
...and Libertarians. Just pointing that out because many Libertarians donate to and vote Republicans. Which is a big part of the reason why the GOP is shredding itself in this election.
Free trade is great if all parties are playing by the rules. If one party doesn't play by the rules, then engaging in free trade with them is moronic.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:39 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The party needs to rebuke the racism and homophobia.

I think the GOP can win on things like lower taxes for the rich (trickle down), the free market, capitalism, and strong nationalism. However, as long as its tied to racism and homophobia, they will never win another national election.
Only the far right subscribes to racism and homophobia. It's ridiculous to paint the whole party that way.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:41 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
I think both parties need to be replaced.

There are too many hands shaking behind doors going on. Anyone that resorts to insulting their opponent as opposed to presenting their solution to the problems should be discarded as unprofessional and unqualified.

Yes I know this means both of our candidates should be tossed to the wind.

But don't we teach our CHILDREN to act in a more respectable manner? Should we not expect it from the LEADER of this country?

ps.. I know they are merely puppet ponds and the face of those pulling the strings behind the curtain, but the ideal remains the same.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:13 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
It's funny that many are writing the obituary for the GOP when all it had to do to win this year was nominate Rubio or Kasich. A Rubio / Jindal ticket would eliminate fears of changing demographics ending the GOP as a national party. Instead primary voters chose a shock jock with lots of baggage and no govt experience. Any knowledgeable person could see that Trump would be a dumpster fire from a mile away. Hillary is a very weak candidate and you all chose the only candidate that could not beat her.

The future of party politics is interesting because the Democrat Party will have large segments of it's own base that strongly disagree with it's socially liberal policies. The core party beliefs are mainly held by urban White Liberals but most voters are Black or Hispanic. If 400k socially conservative Muslims are added to it's base I'm not sure they can keep supporting gay marriage, abortion, and feminism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies