Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 03:33 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times

Advertisements

Well, the title of the thread is not some rhetorical question. I would really like to know what white privilege is. I have been in discussions with people who give examples of white privilege which are just simply acts of racism. So why not call them racism? I have gotten other examples, things like; hair care products aimed at a white person's hair texture are more common than the same product suited for a black person's hair texture. I have said that if that is an example of white privilege, than it is kind of "average-size" privilege that clothes and furniture are more often suited for average-sized frames than they are tall or overweight frames? Is there a right-hander privilege given that the world has been better suited for right-handedness? Anyway, I have become curious about white privilege and what it is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 03:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
It's a liberal subterfuge to explain different median outcomes of white European vs selected other racial and ethnic Democrat voting groups. Liberals could more accurately call it White, Jewish and E. Asian privilege. Or even more accurately, call it qualification/intelligence/behavior "privilege".

Old 10-15-2016, 03:44 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
White privilege is a phrase made up by certain minority's in a vain attempt to justify there complete failure in society.
IE:They needed a boogy man to blame for there own failure in life.

bill

Old 10-15-2016, 03:45 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, the title of the thread is not some rhetorical question. I would really like to know what white privilege is. I have been in discussions with people who give examples of white privilege which are just simply acts of racism. So why not call them racism? I have gotten other examples, things like; hair care products aimed at a white person's hair texture are more common than the same product suited for a black person's hair texture. I have said that if that is an example of white privilege, than it is kind of "average-size" privilege that clothes and furniture are more often suited for average-sized frames than they are tall or overweight frames? Is there a right-hander privilege given that the world has been better suited for right-handedness? Anyway, I have become curious about white privilege and what it is all about.
White privilege is if you have a good job or went to a good school, no one assumes it's due to anything but your hardwork. No one thinks you got where you are bc you played lacrosse or bc your dad pulled some strings to get you in or you were party of some fraternity.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
White privilege is if you have a good job or went to a good school, no one assumes it's due to anything but your hardwork.
That's why Asians and jewish are assumed to have this "white privilege" too.

Quote:
No one thinks you got where you are bc you played lacrosse or bc your dad pulled some strings to get you in or you were party of some fraternity.
Liberals think this all the time. Are you saying just "white" and most white people get legacy or sport preferences? That seems dubious.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:58 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
White privilege is not just something about the Caucasian race, but just lighter color in general.

Lighter Blacks have a higher status in Africa than the darkest ones.

Lighter East-Indians same.

Lighter Arabs as well.

If all Caucasian people were to disappear tomorrow, White Privilege would remain among the colored people, and if only one race was left, there would be White Privilege amongst them. People just like lighter skin in general.

As a society, US is as fair/just as can be. The ones who demonize Caucasian people are bigots and racists themselves.

It is just not Jesus who is White in portraits, even the Arabs believe Muhammad to be the most White Arab of his time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZxH4QYLRQY

Old 10-15-2016, 04:03 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
White Privilege: When you get to choose White Bread over Wheat Bread.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:04 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Well, the title of the thread is not some rhetorical question. I would really like to know what white privilege is.
Okay. I'm going to assume that you really want to know what white privilege is, and further assume that you are not familiar with searching for online resources.

Here ya go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

*Very* extensive article.

But if you don't want to read all that stuff, here are some examples.

>> If an adult can go into a store and wander around looking at stuff and not be watched/followed by a store employee, that adult might just be white.

>> If a person buys a new house in a nice neighborhood and just assumes that he will be accepted and treated pleasantly by his neighbors, that person might just be white.

>> If a person is pulled over by a cop and doesn't immediately break into a sweat, that person might just be white.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:06 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
I cant comment on " white privliage" I would you use the term... " western ways" the western way of life is entitlements, they feel like everything belongs to them. feel like they can do anything above and beyond the law.. about taking anything they want... and also "rigging" the system.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:09 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
White privilege is not having to deal with prejudice and not having people hate you or not trust you or throw out your job application because the color of your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies