Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 11:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
We are on the brink of war with Russia, NK wants to kill us too, etc. Etc. So you think it's the intent of an angry GOD to destroy the world and the US once and for all?

The theory that I and millions others will be vaporized within a second without a place to escape is absolutely terrifying, and I'm only 25. God hates me.
"You shall have no other gods before Me."

Exodus 34:14
-- for you shall not worship any other god

The U.S. (barely over 200 years old) was based on Christian values and look how far we came. Liberals want to do away with religious and belief in god because they want to be your god. But humans are flawed. Too much power in the hands of a few will surely be abused and politicians sure are not virtuous with you're best interest in mind. Give them too much power and they will abuse that power.

America is imploding "morally and spiritually," that God is removing His "blessing and protection" from us, leaving us to our sins, and that this encroaching judgment is evident in the chaos of the political scene, the economy, and even the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedentary_Nomad View Post
No, we just want to the same level of freedom from religion as you pious persons have of religion.

I don't believe god exists and don't yet want to be reabsorbed by the nothingness that excreted me, so I have no desire to be something (god) that does not exist.
You have freedom from religion but you're freedom from religion means that you don't want me to have the freedom to choose my religious beliefs.

If you don't believe god exists don't make man or women you're god.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:21 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
No, I'm literally freaking out. I don't want God to allow us to go into nuclear war no matter what. My worst nightmare. At least other people have got to have experience, good friends and sex on this Earth. I got nothing. I stand by my idea that God somehow hates me. I had at least one episode lately, my thoughts were racing and I had shallow breathing.
There is no god. It is just a myth made up because people fear death....Russia is not stupid enough to commit suicide by attacking the US.... I suggest you stop listening to Trump's wingnuts on the right....Breathe, Relax....The sky is not falling.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no god. It is just a myth made up because people fear death....Russia is not stupid enough to commit suicide by attacking the US.... I suggest you stop listening to Trump's wingnuts on the right....Breathe, Relax....The sky is not falling.
Hillary’s image as a war hawk is lost on mainstream American voters, but Russia, Europe, and other nations saw a not-so-warm-and-fuzzy side of Hillary when she was Secretary of State, and the contents of Mrs. Clinton’s intercepted emails has not served to ease their fears.

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a deputy in the state Duma and leader of the nationalist LDPR party. Zhirinovsky also shares another feature with Donald Trump: both are outspoken to a fault. Which is why we were not surprised to read that as Reuters reported earlier, Zhirinovsky urged Americans to vote for Donald Trump as president or "risk being dragged into a nuclear war."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN12C28Q

Old 10-15-2016, 11:31 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
Quote:
We are on the brink of war with Russia, NK wants to kill us too, etc. Etc. So you think it's the intent of an angry GOD to destroy the world and the US once and for all?

The theory that I and millions others will be vaporized within a second without a place to escape is absolutely terrifying, and I'm only 25. God hates me.

This is impossible to answer because it depends on two subjective things. 1. Do you believe that everything that happens is God's will? 2. Do you believe America is going down the tubes? Only if you answered yes to both questions would you agree that God's will is for America to go down the tubes.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is impossible to answer because it depends on two subjective things. 1. Do you believe that everything that happens is God's will? 2. Do you believe America is going down the tubes? Only if you answered yes to both questions would you agree that God's will is for America to go down the tubes.
God lets us choose.

Worldly values (Secular)
Worldly values promote jealousies, resentments and conflicts among people. Worldly values include wealth, power, pleasure, revenge, fame, vanity and status. These are the most important things to people who perceive no power or purpose beyond themselves.

The values taught in the Bible
are often the opposite of worldly values: kindness and respect for all people instead of power; humility instead of status; honesty and generosity instead of wealth; self-control instead of self-indulgence; forgiveness instead of revenge. Christian values promote peace and good will among people in accordance with the purposes of God. We will never achieve perfection in this life, but

People who strive to obey God often find a sense of joy and peace that no worldly rewards can match!

Which world would you rather live in?

Old 10-16-2016, 12:01 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
God lets us choose.

Worldly values (Secular)
Worldly values promote jealousies, resentments and conflicts among people. Worldly values include wealth, power, pleasure, revenge, fame, vanity and status. These are the most important things to people who perceive no power or purpose beyond themselves..... snip
This sounds to me like a very accurate description of Donald Trump, but they are certainly not secular values...

Old 10-16-2016, 12:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
This nation is going down the tubes because so many people make decisions based on overactive imaginations that have them believing in a 'god' in the first place!

Old 10-16-2016, 12:21 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Isn't this what we have a Religion forum for?

Old 10-16-2016, 12:56 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
A lot of you took the bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies