Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:43 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Still supposedly protesting of racial inequality and oppression in the United States. Really this idiot is making close to $20 million dollars a year for sitting on the bench. And yet he feels oppressed in the USA. Unbelievable

Buffalo Bills fans chant 'USA' before Coin Kaepernick of San Francisco 49ers kneels
Isn't this a right we have according to our constitution. He doesn't feel oppressed. He's making a statement for people who are...duh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 10:53 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
What is strange to me is that kneeling seems like a much more dramatic show of respect than standing. If he wanted to protest, he would either not come out until it was over or stand with his back turned.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:54 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Still supposedly protesting of racial inequality and oppression in the United States. Really this idiot is making close to $20 million dollars a year for sitting on the bench. And yet he feels oppressed in the USA. Unbelievable

Buffalo Bills fans chant 'USA' before Coin Kaepernick of San Francisco 49ers kneels
I think his protest is dumb too, but the "they make so much money and should be satisfied with what they get" line of thinking is anathema to me.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:55 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
That said, glad my Bills won!!!!

Old 10-16-2016, 11:26 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
I wish someone would oppress me by only paying me $104M for riding the bench and sucking and getting routed when I played.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:31 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
The Bills truly rubbed it in the noses of Kaepernick and SF today. This was a team that was there just to play football and play football they did.

Highlight of the game. Desean Mccoy, celebrating his 3rd touchdown by handing the ball to Richie Incognito, who happens to be White, for him to spike the ball in the end zone. Team effort and all team players. The team was ecstatic. Compare that to the 49ers and their dismal performance. All looking at each other with blank faces wondering what the heck is happening to their season.

San Francisco is a team without heart or any soul right now. 1 and 5 , and still only October.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:21 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You keep saying you're an immigrant, but I got a feeling you came to the US around elementary school like I did, assuming you're not pulling all of our legs. And yet, you identify as an immigrant, and I an American interesting, considering you're so pro Trump and pro-assimilation and I'm you do what you want as long as you can speak English well enough to function in society.
Wow, don't you have a black republican to call an Uncle Tom - run off before you miss your chance to insult him.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:24 AM

613 posts, read 463,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I wish someone would oppress me by only paying me $104M for riding the bench and sucking and getting routed when I played.
Maybe he's thinking about what other Black men face. I hate this belief here that just because you have money, you somehow lose the right to care about what happens to other people. You can be rich and still stand up for Black people.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:28 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
To play Devil's Advocate:

If you kneel during the national anthem no one will kill you.

If you burn a Quran there is a chance someone will go Charlie Hebdo on you.

I can see someone wanting to block Quran burning as a way to save lives - some Muslim extremists might kill random people over it.
So the lesson is that terrorism works? What if other ideologies take this stance?

Old 10-17-2016, 04:32 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Isn't this a right we have according to our constitution. He doesn't feel oppressed. He's making a statement for people who are...duh
And it's my right to protest their protest. I refuse to believe the national anthem nor our flag is symbolic of racism. We have a black president and these high dollar athletes are overwhelmingly black. When you protest our flag and anthem, I have a major issue with you and it'a my constitutional right to express how I feel about it.

This kappernicker guy (never heard of him before) is a total idiot looking for his 15 minutes of fame to top off his mega million dollar paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies