Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 04:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

If someone posts something to a website it is NOT illegal for a person to go to that website and read it.

The one who swiped the email may be in trouble. The one who posted it may be in trouble. No one is for simply clicking on a website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 04:08 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Luckily we have this guy to tell us LOL.. They're really trying too hard.
CNN Attempts to Scare Viewers - Says It's Illegal to Read Wikileaks Podesta Emails (VIDEO)
What an idiot. It's more juvenile than what I hear among my grandchildren.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:08 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
You vill think vaht I tell you to think..

Old 10-17-2016, 04:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If someone posts something to a website it is NOT illegal for a person to go to that website and read it.

The one who swiped the email may be in trouble. The one who posted it may be in trouble. No one is for simply clicking on a website.

ooops

I spoke too soon

The thing is that no matter the legality of how the information was received, it doesn't change the fact of the information received.

It would be like saying that because an illegal wiretap discovered a person had robbed a bank, he is somehow innocent. Might be thrown out in court, but the dude is still a bank robber.

No matter how wikileaks did whatever they did, doesn't change the fact that HRC is a criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
You vill think vaht I tell you to think..
I hear natting, I see natting!

Ve haf wase of making you talk

Old 10-17-2016, 04:35 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Luckily we have this guy to tell us LOL.. They're really trying too hard.
CNN Attempts to Scare Viewers - Says It's Illegal to Read Wikileaks Podesta Emails (VIDEO)
No kidding. I'm just wondering who watches this station anymore?

Old 10-17-2016, 05:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
No kidding. I'm just wondering who watches this station anymore?
Look down

Originally Posted by greywar
LOL. Technically he may be right. The reality is...no one cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I agree, no one cares.

Thank you for at least being able to understand the argument and not just dismiss it because you wanted the leaks to happen.
You talk about "understanding" as if YOU have a clue. It's convenient to say "ignore the facts" when it suits your ideological agenda driven political BS.

How about we all become apolitical so we can actually have an honest dialogue?

Liberals should be outraged that HRC did what she did. She even said she "made a mistake" which is the same as saying she was careless with top secret communications. She hasn't apologized or actually admitted to anything, making her disingenuous and hardly sorry. She is the definition of a sociopath.

Until the left can call their own out for the criminals they are, they have no place at the adult table.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
CNN has changed since Dick Cheney threaten Wolf Blitzer with his death stare after Wolf mentioned that it could be unfair to the child adopted by Cheney's lesbian daughter...I would say that CNN is deathly afraid of the leftists fascist right wing extreme gangster liberals.

Eef you luke a sa shimicky leaks ve vill make sure your eye en surgery gos badly...do you understanding me?

Old 10-17-2016, 07:11 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Why aren't there more Indian journalists at CNN? There are likely 10s of millions of english speaking news readers in India with far more talent than the cuurent crop and who would also work for less money. Bring 'em in.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

You talk about "understanding" as if YOU have a clue. It's convenient to say "ignore the facts" when it suits your ideological agenda driven political BS.

How about we all become apolitical so we can actually have an honest dialogue?

Liberals should be outraged that HRC did what she did. She even said she "made a mistake" which is the same as saying she was careless with top secret communications. She hasn't apologized or actually admitted to anything, making her disingenuous and hardly sorry. She is the definition of a sociopath.

Until the left can call their own out for the criminals they are, they have no place at the adult table.
1. You didnt refute my statement

2. DOJ and Dept. Of State have already said it isnt illegal to have a private server or to send classified info on it. You and other republicans are not arguing legality, you are arguing optics.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Tell that to the Democrats who used illegal recordings of Newt Gingrich provided by some people who intercepted the signal. The Democrats claimed it did not matter that his conversations were illegally recorded. They harped on the content of the calls.
Wow.... Good memory on that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies