Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 11:34 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I never watched the Apprentice, so why would I watch his channel?

Anyone who lives on "reality shows" to escape their own reality seem to be the ones who deem themselves educated and authorities on how those who actually live a "real" life should live it.

Welcome to the end of western civilization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Because now the lamestream media has convinced you to hate him and that he's the antichrist, when he had the apprentice, he was just some other guy with a tv show, now you are 'invested' in him so you're going to want to hear what he has to say, you'll tune in.
WTH are you talking about?

This has nothing to do with me being convinced of anything!!! I NEVER watch reality TV, PERIOD!

I don't hate Trump and I'd rather see the clown show elected than the mafia any day! Won't vote for him because I live in Cali so my vote would be meaningless anyway. This state is controlled by the progressive herd and my vote hasn't mattered since 1988.

I have been a staunch advocate of Trump's belief that the system is rigged. THAT is an irrefutable fact.

Please do keep up with my history of posting before accusing me of being part of the herd little sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 11:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Because now the lamestream media has convinced you to hate him and that he's the antichrist, when he had the apprentice, he was just some other guy with a tv show, now you are 'invested' in him so you're going to want to hear what he has to say, you'll tune in.
BULL!

I don't hate him, that's only gonna wear me down and do nothing to him but I grew up in the NYC area and have been hearing his self-serving con-man BS act for well over 35 years. I sure didn't need the media to convince me he's the type you count your fingers after shaking hands with and you get your $$$ up front if you do business with him.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:38 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
trump can never loose, when he losses the election he'll get a sweat tv talk show deal out of it.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:51 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
I was thinking if Trump loses the election and decides to start 'trump tv' and have a 1 hour talk show live every day, with major movers and shakers as his guests, would anyone watch?

Me thinks you'd tune in, including his 'haters' they would have the popcorn ready and wouldn't miss a minute.
Trump would never host a show with "movers and shaker" for guests because he doesn't care about what anyone else has to say and he has to be the center of attention. If he's not bloviating, he's bored.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:52 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
I was thinking if Trump loses the election and decides to start 'trump tv' and have a 1 hour talk show live every day, with major movers and shakers as his guests, would anyone watch?

Me thinks you'd tune in, including his 'haters' they would have the popcorn ready and wouldn't miss a minute.
Anyone with a brain has known pretty much from day one that Trump's entire campaign was nothing more than a huge publicity stunt. Just another ploy to enrich himself even further. Trump's campaign was a joke from the jump and the fact that there were enough gullible, uneducated, uninformed people out there to make him the nominee, is the punch line. He has hijacked my political party, with all it's principles and values, and turned it in to a joke as well.

When this election is over, I hope to never hear his name again. He has conned and gamed the American people and is still doing so. I have no intent to buy in to or help him do it, no matter how he intends to capitalize on and exploit his merry band of idiots after he loses the election. Hopefully though, he takes all of the people that have disqualified themselves from being a part of the Republican party after all this is over, like Newt Gingrich, Rudy Guliani, Ben Carson, Sean Hannity, and all the rest, with him, whatever he does.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Anyone with a brain has known pretty much from day one that Trump's entire campaign was nothing more than a huge publicity stunt. Just another ploy to enrich himself even further. Trump's campaign was a joke from the jump and the fact that there were enough gullible, uneducated, uninformed people out there to make him the nominee, is the punch line. He has hijacked my political party, with all it's principles and values, and turned it in to a joke as well.
I left the party more than a decade ago because it had turned into a joke back then. They grew government, didn't stop spending and after 911 GWB passed the "Patriot Act" which shred personal rights and freedom. In my book that was the trifecta of doing the exact opposite of what the party supposedly stood for.

Trump had less to do with imploding the party and more to do with exposing it.

Don't worry about it though, We may not even have a country after HRC is done with it.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-19-2016 at 11:27 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 11:10 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
If Trump loses maybe he could go up to Alaska and hang out with Sarah Palin. She had a short lived reality show about camping and hunting in Alaska.

Trump TV ? I don't think that would get very far but who knows.
Trump could be a perpetual guest on Sean Hannity's show.

The again Oprah Winfry did well with a TV talk show and her magazine "O"
Trump could have a magazine named "T" .

Old 10-19-2016, 12:30 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

When this election is over, I hope to never hear his name again. He has conned and gamed the American people and is still doing so. I have no intent to buy in to or help him do it, no matter how he intends to capitalize on and exploit his merry band of idiots after he loses the election. Hopefully though, he takes all of the people that have disqualified themselves from being a part of the Republican party after all this is over, like Newt Gingrich, Rudy Guliani, Ben Carson, Sean Hannity, and all the rest, with him, whatever he does.
The Republicans won't win the White House for the next 20 years. Not only because of demographics but also because they cultivated a subset of the party that has morphed into a rabid dog.

My belief is that the party will fracture and you will have a multitude of opportunists who run a Trump like campaign (in future congressional/state/local elections) in districts that voted heavily for Trump.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:00 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
When this is all over, I hope to never hear from either of them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies