Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 03:33 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It is utterly ridiculous and sometimes results in mutual hate by the both the party we have supported and the other side along with the thousands of sick and injured and billions of dollars wasted.

Besides the Balkans, which was UN-led but with lots of American participation, I am hard-pressed to see any of the major military interventions in the last 30 years with a positive impact. This includes all the right wing insurgencies we supported throughout the 80s.

As for Putin, the linked videos include lots of negative propaganda about America. Anyone admiring him should go visit Russia and see how great things are there.

You mean since his tenure? Russia is a much better place than it was 10 years ago. What would one expect to have Russian Oligarchs move over seas , skim the profits and not reinvest in Russia? That's why he is popular.

It should also be noted Russia does what it does in spite of the weather. California meanwhile is going the wrong direction in paradise. Now we are the welfare state and they are not. Amazing to see in my life time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 03:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
The RW sure does love them some COMMUNIST! thugs!

Old 10-18-2016, 03:45 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
I rather enjoyed his criticism of US democracy. It's certainly undemocratic. It's funny coming from him, but he's technically not wrong.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:45 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I couldn't agree more, but American news propaganda makes Russia look like they are up to cold war tactics. So a huge view people have about Russia is negative. Putin says it like it is. I watched another interview of him and he blatantly said that the US and Russia have come together in the past to overcome challenges...such as wwi and wwii... he said he had high hopes of being able to do it again. The current administration prevents every way possible for that to happen. As Putin said, We should not interfere with Russia's culture and way of life and they should not interfere with ours...its a mutual thing
Jimmy, I know that. American news propaganda is a national disaster. Lies, misrepresentation, falsification, misleads and lies again.
I have watched literally hundreds of videos with Putin's speeches, statements, talkings, conversations etc. And I can say for sure that Putin is a very good person, kind, sane and smart. He loves his people and respect others. He has no aggression to any nation in the world at all. He is offering the peaceful cooperation with every country of the planet. Is it something wrong?

Old 10-18-2016, 04:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
He took that opportunity and ran with it. I have no respect for that "intellectual" he brutalized. Media idiots one and all.

America could use a leader like Putin. Too bad the Russians wouldn't give him up.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
he says while peddling a video of Vladimir Putin minding America's political business.
How so? Putin was giving some opinions in response to a line of BS from some media hack is all that was. He was showing people what he thinks and doing it well also.

Ever see a US politicians do anything like that? They just bullchit you. At least Putin lets you know who you're dealing with.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:16 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
More of Kremlin’s Opponents Are Ending Up Dead

Quote:
Used extensively in the Soviet era, political murders are again playing a prominent role in the Kremlin’s foreign policy, the most brutal instrument in an expanding repertoire of intimidation tactics intended to silence or otherwise intimidate critics at home and abroad.
Quote:
He has invested considerable money and energy into building an image of a strong and morally superior Russia, in sharp contrast with what he portrays as weak, decadent and disorderly Western democracies.

Muckraking journalists, rights advocates, opposition politicians, government whistle-blowers and other Russians who threaten that image are treated harshly — imprisoned on trumped-up charges, smeared in the news media and, with increasing frequency, killed.
This is the person posters are expressing admiration for in this thread. You've been conned.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I'd rather have friends, than enemies any day.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I do not view Russia in its entirety as an evil empire (I know a lot of people from Russia and they are wonderful, tough, people IMO. I separate people from their government heads as the nation itself cannot be fully represented by a political or governmental leader) and honestly I don't view Putin as all that evil of a guy but he has been in power in Russia for about 15 years (or more) in some form or fashion and IMO that means he is a dictator and not a "good leader." Good leaders IMO know when to step down, they mentor/groom younger leaders to take their place, not find ways to ensure they remain in power even after their constitution bars them from holding an executive office after 2 terms, which is what Putin has done. Those of you who ignore this about him are living in some fantasy land IMO and I wonder if you knew anything about Putin prior to Trump pushing his supreme leadership skills..
The problem is that there is a different understanding of democracy between americans and russians.
Putin has more that 85% of russian people' approval. And if this level of the national confidence and approval is lasting more than 2 terms, that means the russians, as the nation, want this leader to stay in power more. This is the WILL of the nation who trusts its leader. They choose him, they want him, they trust him again and again. So, Putin is in power for so long by the russian people will. That's why Russians consider they have a REAL democracy. They have their own leader by their own will by their own term. That's it! They want to have this national leader for as long as possible. And believe me, russians laugh at western propaganda calling Putin a dictator. They love and support him themselves.
But you're right. Good leaders know when to step down. But since Putin, as the good leader, have no visible intention to step down, he knows he still can serve his country and his people very good and in a better way.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:43 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
A dictator is defined by the level of absolute control they exert over a country, not the amount of time they've spent in political life. I'd find it difficult to call Betty the Putnam county treasurer for seventy years a "dictator".

You're not helping your case.

Hillary worked on the campaigns of politicians seeking elected office. She was elected to the U.S. senate in 2000 and re-elected in 2006. I'd say that's regarded as democracy anywhere.

It certainly is their business. It is also the business of the American people to elect who they want, including Hillary Clinton

For those asking why I consider the alt-right and libertarian circles to be the most dangerous, treasonous, unhinged segment of the U.S. populatio
n.
to bad you can't do anything about us huh??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies