Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 12:23 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I want to know why liberals are okay with people being forced to sleep on cardboard on the street. If they are so gung ho about allowing refugees in to their country, what part of them says it's okay that the refugees are then living in squalor? The liberals are the ones who talk about helping and feeding and clothing and sheltering everyone. They sure do like to take everyone's money under the guise of "helping those less fortunate", so how the hell is it okay with them that all of those people are living in the conditions that they live in? Tent cities that quickly become unsanitary, buildings that don't have adequate heat so that the refugees were cold in the winter, water dripping everywhere, improper plumbing, etc...and yet the liberals keep acting like this is a good thing.

A number of West Coast cities have similar problems, where lots of homeless people sleep in the streets, parks, underpasses, etc.

Natural result when the number of people who want to live in a place exceeds the supply of housing available to them.

Liberals are trying to throw money at the problem but the problem is too large to be solved with the insufficient money thrown at it; liberals do not have endless streams of cash to throw at state and local problems.

What is your solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 12:30 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Are some of these people desperate or simply of some type of a hoarder mentality. No one took anything from anyone of you. Geez....

No one is looking to flood the nation with people from any place, but there will always be a system of immigration.

FDR, once said, when it comes to Immigration, that we don't need too much of the right kind and we don't need to much of the wrong kind. (simply put, that would relate to our quota system being managed and supported as it relates to immigration to America)

The millions of people who entered the country outside of Congressional authorization - e.g. illegals plus those brought in through executive action - have enabled landlords to create a condition informally known as The Rent Is Too Damn High.

Which actually takes billions of dollars out of the pockets of Americans unable to buy a home.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:34 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, Obama didn't only change the fundamentals of America his lack of action changed the fundamentals of the world.

once-romantic Paris covered in filth and rubbish as African migrants are forced to live in the streets

Sometimes Obama is weak... sometimes Obama is all powerful...

Hard to take you folks seriously when you flip flop so much on Obama.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:38 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Several hundred policemen took to the streets of France, from Paris to Bordeaux, for the fifth night in a row to complain about the unbearable working conditions and fatigue caused by an 11-month state of emergency, saying they’re stretched to the limit.

Policemen got together in front of the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris singing La Marseillaise, the country’s national anthem, while applauding every police siren passing nearby. The officers complain that they are not even well enough equipped to defend themselves and are calling for Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve’s resignation, Le Parisien reported.

“We’re asked to do things that have nothing to do with police work, like guarding theaters and synagogues and churches. It’s becoming unbearable; we can’t do it all,” Nathalie, a 12-year veteran of the police force who asked that her last name not be disclosed, told CBC.

“If somebody dials 17 [France’s 911], there aren’t any cars around to respond. Misdemeanors, felonies... we don’t have time for that anymore,” another anonymous policeman said.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:59 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Your analogy is non-equivalent and thus incomprehensible.
Just because you don't understand followers of most religions don't obey their particular texts 100% doesn't mean it's not true. Just because it's incomprehensible to you doesn't mean it's incomprehensible to someone whose mind isn't sealed shut.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:12 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If the drunk Senator from Wisconsin were alive today this is no doubt the tripe he'd be pushing, baseless fear-mongering at its finest!
Oh, YOU bought the glib propaganda that he wasn't largely correct, I see.
You should try thinking for yourself...it isn't half as scary or hard as the propagandists claim! You can do it!

Old 10-22-2016, 03:16 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Oh, YOU bought the glib propaganda that he wasn't largely correct, I see.
You should try thinking for yourself...it isn't half as scary or hard as the propagandists claim! You can do it!
So you buy the propaganda that if you kill 100 people and 51 were guilty, murdering the other 49 is justified.

GOT IT!

Old 10-22-2016, 04:17 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So you buy the propaganda that if you kill 100 people and 51 were guilty, murdering the other 49 is justified.

GOT IT!
I have no idea what you've got in mind. (But I do know that by the time you and I came along, it was "settled science" that McCarthy was evil. I believed it.....but THEN I started to learn all about propaganda!

Old 10-23-2016, 04:21 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Not coming to my neighborhood. Around 75% gun ownership here. We are a big basket of proud DEPLORABLES in this 'hood'.
Many will be sent to meet their 74 virgins if any of that crapola comes this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies