Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 05:06 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If the drunk Senator from Wisconsin were alive today this is no doubt the tripe he'd be pushing, baseless fear-mongering at its finest!
"If the drunk Senator from Wisconsin were alive today"

Don't you mean Mass.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 05:12 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Except that an unlimited amount of refugees CAN come into the US--no caps whatsoever--if they are corporate sponsored. Take a look at the White House's OWN website where they are promoting for corporations to "employ, enable and educate" refugees. Take a look at the list of corporations who are able to bring in an unlimited amount of refugees. Obama calls it the Partnership for Refugees.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...r-engagement-0

Congress cannot intervene, object or vote against it.

Consider what America would be like if corporations did that for our hurting American citizens.

I don't see how can anyone vote for Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
excuse me:
Under current law, Congress does not have to approve the Democratic administration's plan. But the House of Representatives and Senate, both controlled by Republicans, would have to appropriate money to pay for any expanded effort.

so up to the congress- not the prez--

Old 10-23-2016, 07:46 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If the drunk Senator from Wisconsin were alive today this is no doubt the tripe he'd be pushing, baseless fear-mongering at its finest!
This...

Last edited by EvilEyeFleegle; 10-23-2016 at 08:37 AM..

Old 11-09-2016, 10:33 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Did anyone ask those same questions when your ancestors came in? Chances are they were not all pre-Revolutionary. Poverty and homelessness have always been here.

The answer to your last question is that a free country means we take risk. That's life. Be courageous or be something less, and get over the silly idea that there is a way to be "safe".

You want America to be great? Not "again", because it never has been, not for all Americans. Achieving anything great takes great risk. Freedom is not for p-ssies.
#1 My parents did not come from an area that has an open hostility towards this country. In fact, they came from a country that held and still holds America in high regard.

#2 You avoided my first (and main) point about how are we going to support these people when we have way too many people already out of work and homeless? Jobs? Healthcare? Food/water? Shelter? Education?

#3 You bring up risk and how one needs to take risks to achieve anything great. Ok, how is taking in these refugees achieving anything when there are other ways of assisting them with lower risk. Looking to lessen the risk on something is not dumb, but smart.

#4 America won't be great for everyone and that's ok. America is great for my family and I even at times we do something I may not agree with. I happen to know we aren't perfect and never will be. If you think America will be great because we accept refugees than you can lead that charge and have them live and move near you and support them yourselves. You have the freedom to help them without increasing the risk to those "p-ssies" who don't want to take this risk. You are very naïve to think that ISIS and any other terrorist organization hasn't realized that using the refugee crisis can help them infiltrate our borders. Many Somali refugees in Minnesota have become ISIS sympathizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies