Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 09:02 PM

724 posts, read 591,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Depends on the volume of it. If one knows English though why speak in a foreign tongue in public? That is the very reason that businesses are pandering to them in Spanish. It is out in public that I have heard so many Spanish speakers in particular that are talking real loud in Spanish and all around me for that matter. Makes me feel like I am living in Mexico rather than the U.S. I realize we have freedom of speech in this country but IMO it's just plain rude not to speak English in public if you know it unless it is done in a quiet and respectful manner. Don't agree with me so be it but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours.
Lol, you are a real doozy buddy. Let me clue you in. You have absolutely 0 right to tell people how and where they can communicate in this country. If you do realize that, "we have freedom of speech in this country," then you know that it is solemnly documented in our 1st amendment that we have the right to speak freely without having to worry about what you think about it. Ain't freedom great! But, like you said opinions are like ahhhh....wait...I mean, you have your opinion and I have mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Still waiting for you to address my question.

The high school Spanish teacher doesn't need to be fluent?
The representative of the grocery chain who negotiates contracts with Latin American growers doesn't need to be fluent?
The State Department employee who works as a Spanish translator doesn't need to be fluent?
The bank employee who fields calls from Spanish-speaking international clients doesn't need to be fluent?
The reporter who covers Latin America for a major news organization doesn't need to be fluent?
The border patrol agent doesn't need to be fluent?

It's not legitimate for employers who hire people to fulfill these positions to make Spanish a job requirement? Are you kidding me?

No. He/she is not kidding. They actually think they have a point. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
WTH does history have to do with the fact that we have a foreign language starting to replace English via illegal immigration?
ENGLISH is a foreign language! Why can't you wrap your head around that! Are we in England?

Old 10-23-2016, 10:01 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,937,729 times
Quote:
Which brings us back to the reason why that is and my objections. It is directly due to massive illegal immigration into our country from south of our border and Mexicans being allotted the highest quotas by far for legal immigration into our country. This leads to non-assimilation and colonization instead. What happened to diversity?
colonization? LOL

http://cdn.memegenerator.es/imagenes...42/4425294.jpg

Old 10-24-2016, 04:43 AM

88,713 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Still waiting for you to address my question.
Why do you think such a high percentage of Blacks are unemployed and losing jobs to Hispanics? They don't speak Spanish. Is that OK with you, Dems, liberals?

Not pleasant for many of you to face the truth on this, but do you recognize the unemployment problem this creates for Blacks, who have the lowest academic achievement scores of any race/ethnicity in the U.S., and unfortunately therefore would be over-represented in low-paying service industry jobs which frequently require proficiency in the Spanish language?

Look at the unemployment rates by race/ethnicity for those age 16+.

E-16. Unemployment rates by age, sex, race, and Hispanic or Latino ethnicity

Old 10-24-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And they're not being discriminated against.
Yes, they are. I just posted the BLS unemployment rates by race/ethnicity. Note the extreme difference between Hispanics and Blacks.

Apparently, liberals are perfectly fine with that, no?

Old 10-24-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My daughter got a hostess job at a Japanese restaurant because she speaks Mandarin and can communicate with the owners and kitchen staff. Yes, Mandarin. Did you think Japanese people own most Japanese restaurants? Silly you if you did!
Mandarin is Chinese, not Japanese.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
That includes every trip for every purpose under the sun, not just work alone.
Oh, please. They're specifically described as commuter lines, for people commuting to their jobs.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Actually "illegal aliens" are, by definition, immigrants. Do you speak English?
No, they're not. They're criminals, violating federal law. No different than bank robbers or kidnappers.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJFOobWzhM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies