Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 07:02 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times

Advertisements

Whites were "absorbing" Asians in America for a long time with a very high rate of Asian women marrying white men, and their children also marrying white. But I am told this trend is reversing...?

In the long run, as has been noted, there aren't enough whites to absorb other races. And eventually the only question that matters will be whether or not the world built by descendants of the small tribe who left Africa 60,000 years ago is overrun and absorbed by the new out-of-Africa hordes.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:21 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Whites were "absorbing" Asians in America for a long time with a very high rate of Asian women marrying white men, and their children also marrying white. But I am told this trend is reversing...?

In the long run, as has been noted, there aren't enough whites to absorb other races. And eventually the only question that matters will be whether or not the world built by descendants of the small tribe who left Africa 60,000 years ago is overrun and absorbed by the new out-of-Africa hordes.
I honestly am not seeing this "trend."

I think it has always been human nature to stick to their own kind. I think majority of the Asians still marry Asians.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Many of us are taught from an early age that talking about race – even just acknowledging race – is a no-no.

In some ways, colorblindness makes sense: Race can be uncomfortable – its mere mention can thicken the air with tension. There are many people just like to label everybody "racist" Pretty sickening if you ask me.

Every one of us has our own limitations when it comes to "race". Nobody can follow a parenting book, so we can only do the best we can.

Like I said earlier, as a White/Japanese mixed girl, my knowledge about other races is certainly limited. If I am raising other people's kid, you better believe I want that kid to be exposed to his own people. That is the best I know at this moment anyway. That kid needs to know who he is, that kid needs to know where he came from.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

Yeah it's reversing. Interracial marriage between Asian-non Asian is going down nationwide. Actually been going down for years now.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I honestly am not seeing this "trend."

I think it has always been human nature to stick to their own kind. I think majority of the Asians still marry Asians.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Many of us are taught from an early age that talking about race – even just acknowledging race – is a no-no.

In some ways, colorblindness makes sense: Race can be uncomfortable – its mere mention can thicken the air with tension. There are many people just like to label everybody "racist" Pretty sickening if you ask me.

Every one of us has our own limitations when it comes to "race". Nobody can follow a parenting book, so we can only do the best we can.

Like I said earlier, as a White/Japanese mixed girl, my knowledge about other races is certainly limited. If I am raising other people's kid, you better believe I want that kid to be exposed to his own people. That is the best I know at this moment anyway.
It's actually true. There's hard data on it. Interracial marriage between Asians and non Asians has been steadily dropping for years now

Old 10-19-2016, 07:26 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtMe2 View Post
Considering that the vast majority of Hispanics in the USA already state that they are white in the US Census and the fact that Asians are well received in this country for their hard work and drive to succeed academically, will these two groups just mesh into the "White" race category over time. These 2 groups also marry whites the most statistically and their children tend to look more or less white. The only group I see as never being able to be included in the "white" category is blacks or black mixed people (they would never pass since black genes are too strong). So in my opinion in the future there will be two groups, White and Black. Do you guys agree?
Yep. European looking Hispanics and Asians are white. Along with European whites there are alot of whiteys in the US. About 240,00,000 whites for the majority

Old 10-19-2016, 07:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Hispanic ain't a race. Too; word is more Latinos are ID'ing as "anglo white" cause they think la raza is trash.

Asians: some are def "white" in skin color.

People with known Black family like my x fiance, she is def "white" but has "Black girl" face features.

Word is most "white" supremacists" look the other way if a "person of color" has pasty white skin, especially if it's a pretty lady.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:44 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtMe2 View Post
Considering that the vast majority of Hispanics in the USA already state that they are white in the US Census and the fact that Asians are well received in this country for their hard work and drive to succeed academically, will these two groups just mesh into the "White" race category over time. These 2 groups also marry whites the most statistically and their children tend to look more or less white. The only group I see as never being able to be included in the "white" category is blacks or black mixed people (they would never pass since black genes are too strong). So in my opinion in the future there will be two groups, White and Black. Do you guys agree?

"Hispanic" is not a race. It's an ethnicity.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:48 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hispanic ain't a race. Too; word is more Latinos are ID'ing as "anglo white" cause they think la raza is trash.

Asians: some are def "white" in skin color.

People with known Black family like my x fiance, she is def "white" but has "Black girl" face features.

Word is most "white" supremacists" look the other way if a "person of color" has pasty white skin, especially if it's a pretty lady.
I think culture is way more important than skin color.

I have a friend who was adopted from Vietnam after the war by a white couple. He was raised 'white' (and let's not pretend we don't know what it is) His life was miserable. He told me many times that he wish he knew where he came from, his Vietnam culture, etc, etc. His siblings are all white, and he looks nothing like them. It has always been identity crisis for him.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think culture is way more important than skin color.

I have a friend who was adopted from Vietnam after the war by a white couple. He was raised 'white' (and let's not pretend we don't know what it is) His life was miserable. He told me many times that he wish he knew where he came from, his Vietnam culture, etc, etc. His siblings are all white, and he looks nothing like them. It has always been identity crisis for him.
I catch what you're saying but; in many countries, he'd be tagged as an "American".

Old 10-19-2016, 09:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Hispanics and asians are not caucasion or white any more than gays are straight. No PC criminal government can change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies