Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:43 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Dont be..Im making bank because of it..

But .. how about some real facts instead of the bunk that always gets spread by potheads

Today Trinity County,CA signed onto the M.I.S. system project I worked on.. and boy do they have their fair share of problems. It appears they are gathering information to determine what they already know.. lots of marijuana growers and they are going to come up with a plan to deal with it. Congrats Trinity County

Now ..some real facts

Prop 64 -- was written by the Marijuana Industry for their own benefit.
Some NEGATIVE side-effects of this proposition:

Commercial grows near schools and parks. Local governments cannot ban indoor cultivation of pot; it is limited to 6 plants, even next door to elementary schools.

Increased marijuana use by teens through increased access, unlimited advertising and a minor fine for selling to youth. The pot industry wants more users, which results in more profits to them.

States with Legalized Recreational Pot Use:
• Colorado (in 2015):
- Teenager use of pot increased by 30%
- Drug crimes increased 12.5%
- Homicides were up over 74%

• Washington:
- One-third (33%) of DUI cases tested positive for THC
- Drivers in fatal accidents with THC in their blood increased over 120% (from 2010 to 2014)
- 49% of young adults (ages 18-25) who used marijuana in the past month had driven a car within 3 hours of getting high.
- Calls to 911 increased 54% for marijuana poisoning
Increased drugged driving through increased availability, while setting NO impairment levels for identifying DUI for pot use.

Stench from growers/cultivation areas create overwhelming odors and smells which affect entire neighborhoods and communities. Fortunately "Granny twelve plant" addresses this by banning of outdoor growing and severely restricting indoor growing. Some counties are even more restrictive than what I co-wrote and have Granny Six plant laws

Expands the black market for marijuana as every home can be an unregulated pot farm. Prop 64 repeals the prohibition on heroin and meth dealers with felony convictions getting in the legal pot business.

Marijuana Hurts Our Children:
• Marijuana can be very harmful to children's health and development.
• When compared with teens who never used marijuana, kids who were daily users before the age of 17 years, were:
- 3 times less likely to graduate from high school
- 18 times more likely to become addicted to marijuana
- 8 times more likely to use other illicit drugs
- 7 times more likely to attempt suicide

Job security.. forever I think.. I signed a five year contract..Ill do it standing on my head

You never know marijuana warrior.. we may meet... and if your legal..no sweat.. if your not.. its the letter of the law sparky..makes it fair for everyone

As to more bunk spread by propoters.. black market and CARTEL GROWS are still thriving... just ask.. you know I have the evidence...
Now I feel even worse for you.

Please realize that CA legalizing recreational use isn't going to effect your life at all. In fact, the vast majority of CA citizens (you included) won't even notice it.

It's a positive change. If you can't embrace it, the least you can do is not allow it to ruin your life. Nobody here wants to see that.

Have you considered yoga? Or perhaps some kind of mental meditation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 11:09 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
DATELINE: Arizona - Read it and weep:
Anti-marijuana campaign's biggest donor? Chandler pharma company

To be fair, a couple of things worth noting since this was published. The largest backer of the "No" vote is now Bruce Halle, owner of Discount Tire to the tune of $1M. Also, there have now been three INSYS Therapeutics executives arrested and criminally charged with insurance fraud for their sales practices, the latest just a week ago.

In a statement, Insys Therapeutics said it opposes Prop. 205 "because it fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children." Indeed.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:28 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Now I feel even worse for you.

Please realize that CA legalizing recreational use isn't going to effect your life at all. In fact, the vast majority of CA citizens (you included) won't even notice it.

It's a positive change. If you can't embrace it, the least you can do is not allow it to ruin your life. Nobody here wants to see that.

Have you considered yoga? Or perhaps some kind of mental meditation?
I practice yoga daily..have for many years..I'm on the recumbent right now..my usual chat place for city data..better than eating Cheetos in your underwear in mommies basement..get the picture..not you personally for I don't know you.. but paint the picture...

Do you practice drug use everyday? Many marijuana users do.. they "need" it to relax..a common sign of addiction

As far as marijuana legalization

I accept the vote whatever it is
I will personally benefit
I will still hold my viewpoint that all drugs are not good for our world,minimize and affect everyone..users and non users. I've held this viewpoint for all of my adult life. I've softened as I have gotten older accepting that some people will be addicted..and it's probably better on marijuana than some more destructive drug. But im also a realist..what does it cost all of us..and currently and for the projected near future marijuana is costing us dearly...dopers won't admit it..pot heads choose to ignore it..social justice warriors want to use it as a battle cry..somewhere in there some screwed up people just want to be high

In a vacuum..fine

In the real world..lots of regulation..I'm learning a stack full right now..and the proposed manual is several inches thick..potheads aren't going to like it.. big growers will deal with it..small growers will get swept away..the five year mark

Big pharma..come up with a new one because that talking point is tiring..even if true and it probably is..any push back is only so they can position themselves for a new product product line of cannabis products and only after market research, Cost vs profit analyses, and projected market share. I think it's safe to say they are working very hard at it...right along with distilleries.

Twenty years.. the first five will be rocky.. it will all smooth out...every penny due the taxpayers should be extracted...and will be eventually... Worked on al Capone...why not pot

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-21-2016 at 06:00 AM..

Old 10-21-2016, 05:33 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
i am for medical use- I am happy with out drugs- but saw a child have 23 seizures in an hour-- if can stop that ---YES give it to them

Old 10-21-2016, 05:54 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
i am for medical use- I am happy with out drugs- but saw a child have 23 seizures in an hour-- if can stop that ---YES give it to them
I am for the government NOT telling me what I can eat, drink or smoke. I am for ME deciding what is good for ME and YOU deciding what is good for YOU.

It really is that simple.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:03 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I am for the government NOT telling me what I can eat, drink or smoke. I am for ME deciding what is good for ME and YOU deciding what is good for YOU.

It really is that simple.
I'm with you..if you lived in a vacuum..but you don't..
Drug use..all drug use costs everybody

Perhaps a pot use tax..a marijuana insurance policy... To prevent the rest of us from having to pay for your diminution mentally physically and emotionally

Pot insurance... Stand by..I just bet Lloyd's of London will write you a policy

That is unless you disagree that your personal behavior shouldn't be accountable...

Is that what you're saying?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
I'm with you..if you lived in a vacuum..but you don't..
Drug use..all drug use costs everybody

Perhaps a pot use tax..a marijuana insurance policy... To prevent the rest of us from having to pay for your diminution mentally physically and emotionally

Pot insurance... Stand by..I just bet Lloyd's of London will write you a policy

That is unless you disagree that your personal behavior shouldn't be accountable...

Is that what you're saying?
No. What I'm saying is exactly what I posted. Not what you posted.

And BTW, why do you think you know what's best for me? Why do you think you should tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke?

Old 10-21-2016, 11:26 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,000 times
Quote:
Business owners replace idealists in marijuana legalization movement

Voters May Expand Legal Access to Marijuana in California, 8 Other States | Election 2016 | KQED News

Follow the money: Who

I am high ..isnt that funny..on my 150 million number.. maybe.. but its really an unknown number because of special interests and large pacs.. we wont know until its done.. and even then so much of the money is hidden

But the number is... A LOT

Now read some of the negatives.. and oh boy are there some negatives

https://voteknowprop64.blogspot.com/

California Stop Pot 2016 - Stop Pot-It is a Trap!

California cities and counties are lining up to further restrict growing

https://www.thekindland.com/why-so-m...nning-weed-803

Many are based on the successful granny twelve plant law I helped to write...along with a number of other highly qualified people. I know this makes potheads apoplectic.. sorry.. that's democracy.. I have to accept the will of the people.. so do you..

If you arent in California ..I wont affect you in the least.. but if you are.. and you a major grower there is a very real chance if you do something in violation of the new proposed laws beyond civil enforcement you might just get a chance to meet me or someone just like me personally.. and wouldnt that be peachy. Over time it will be apparent what position I took.. and Ill be happy to share policy and procedures manuals as they are public information.

Suffice to say.. stand by to stand by...its nothing like what potheads think... the volume of regulations I am studying now are dizzying.. you cant grow without intervention.. thats pretty much the new mantra

By the way..pot smokers ARE real criminals

Marijuana is drug most often linked to crime, study finds | McClatchy DC

Most crooks use drugs in my experience.. and most crooks are only too happy to use marijuana

Drug addiction β€œis not a moral failing, but a brain disease that can be prevented, treated, and from which people can recover.”

Are any potheads suffering from brain disease? Help is but one click away....

Inpatient Marijuana Rehab Centers – Best Marijuana Rehabilitation Center
Marijuana Rehab
Marijuana Rehab

"Most crooks use drugs in my experience.. and most crooks are only too happy to use marijuana"

Well then, that explains why it is legal in Washington D.C.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:33 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
uhm the boogey man of Monsanto doesn't exist any more

bayer bought them out

Old 10-21-2016, 12:22 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Replacing one corporate tyrant with an even bigger corporate tyrant is not exactly an improvement. Bayer is just as likely to abuse the patent system as Monsanto. What we need is the government to enforce the "public benefit" aspects of the patent process. Monsanto has abused this law for many years with its special pesticide resistant, and possibly unhealthy, wheat.

FWIW - The Bayer company invented acetylated morphine after the Franco-Prussian War to provide pain relief for the terribly wounded. The trade name for this drug was Heroine. It worked very well but had the unfortunate side effect of being very addictive and fatal if overdosed.

It became stigmatized and illegal in this country when J. Edgar Hoover was looking to keep his FBI staff employed after Alcohol was legalized. He also criminalized marijuana at the same time for the same reason. His bureaucracy and HIS power was threatened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies