Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 06:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times

Advertisements

Many of them broadcast half of the day, every day.

For a very large percentage it is basically a new-full time job. Most of them are paid quite well but it is interesting.

I will admit I think the animation of the video games are very interesting and I am sure there are many positives to streaming video games but it is a very interesting recent change of lifestyle amongst so many in such a short amount of time.

I know some make very good money doing it but I just think it is interesting that there are likely half a million guys who stream video games more hours then a typical person works a day. It is basically a full-time job for them.

I am not saying anything negative about this, but basically since 2011 there has been a significant percentage of males in their 20s who basically sit in the basement and stream video games and not all of them are making six-figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 06:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Some of them broadcast half of the day, every day.

I know some make very good money doing it but I just think it is odd that there are likely half a million guys who stream video games more hours then a typical person works a day.

I am not saying anything negative about this, but basically since 2011 there has been a significant percentage of males in their 20s who basically sit in the basement and stream video games and not all of them are making six-figures.
I'm so old I didn't know any of this was going on.

I'll have to figure out how to stream ******* tonight. Probably have to make an internet hole in my Atari 2600.

EDIT: F-R-O-G-G-E-R gets censored?

Old 10-19-2016, 07:06 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
If they found a way to make a living off doing something they enjoy, more power to them and good for them. If they're just playing video games in their parents basements being millennial parasites (surely the vast majority of those 1.5 million) then I feel sorry for their parents.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:24 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

I'll have to figure out how to stream ******* tonight. Probably have to make an internet hole in my Atari 2600.

For some reason that made me laugh so hard.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Hmmm...

Had to try it myself...WTH...LOL!!

[]

Old 10-19-2016, 10:17 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
They're losers.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:40 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Many of them broadcast half of the day, every day.

For a very large percentage it is basically a new-full time job. Most of them are paid quite well but it is interesting.

I will admit I think the animation of the video games are very interesting and I am sure there are many positives to streaming video games but it is a very interesting recent change of lifestyle amongst so many in such a short amount of time.

I know some make very good money doing it but I just think it is interesting that there are likely half a million guys who stream video games more hours then a typical person works a day. It is basically a full-time job for them.

I heard the number was 1.5 TRILLION!

Just how tech-savy are you? I think you missed some of the story. Maybe you just read the article saying this kinda fast or it upset you so you missed words?

Because 1.5million broadcasting is nuts. 1.5million playing...sure, that I believe.

It's like starting a thread talking about the millions that dies on 911. Credibility becomes a serious concern.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:50 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
I'm a pretty avid gamer (play a few hours every night when not at work or doing school work) and have no idea who the thousands are that watch all these people on Twitch. I can see if it's a brand new game or new content for an existing game people want to check out (for strategy, etc), but can't fathom watching someone else play a game I could play myself. It must be an extension of our reality TV show culture.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:32 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Broadcast a video game? Who watches?

Old 10-20-2016, 08:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
I rent a room in an overcrowded house from someone who doesn't own the house and doesn't have a job, yet lives for free on rental income, while watching TV and playing some online shoot-em-up video game with a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies