Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After watching the interview, do you agree with Putin or not ?
Yes, I agree. 36 51.43%
I mostly agree. 12 17.14%
No, I disagree. 21 30.00%
I mostly disagree. 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv10334eva View Post
And Putin needs to saber rattle to distract its citizens and the world from its economic situation and overall downward trajectory. Russia and OPEC are worried about shale producers.
Russia is just find. The Russian people are more united than the American people are and nothing Americans say or do will change that. So, the Russians together bear nobly the evil assault the West has inflicted upon it.

Russia got itself in trouble by standing its ground and against the globalist New World Order.

You see... Americans are akin to the Mexican drug cartels. As the military leaders of the New Orld Order the people of the United State war with as much lust for absolute earthly power and greed like the Mexican cartels battle each other over. As a cartel can not be happy being mad rich, mad powerful by controlling 80 percent of the market, they feel they have to control 100 percent of the market.

The US led New World Order already controls around 80 percent of planet earth. But not satisfied with that it has war across the earth to gain absolute control over the remaining 20 percent. And yet, Americans will be the first to recite some cliche maxim about "absolute power corrupts absolutely." If that is true then the US does not need so much control over planet earth, rather it should share it democratically with Russia, China, Iran and host of other nations. A prescription for peace.

Last time I looked at an online map the South China Sea was not the Gulf of Mexico. Yet, Western mainstream media presents US warship provoking conflict with Chinese warships in the South China Sea as the US merely being a peaceful security force floating its naval ships around the shores of Lousiana in protection of the USA. And portrays China as these globalist aggressive military forces provoking peaceful US naval vessels.

That's Western state owned news propaganda.

The South China Sea is around Vietnam, China, and what? The Philippines I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 PM

47 posts, read 20,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I've watched RT and Western mainstream news. Both have their biases, that goes without saying, but Western news spread a lot of lies. RT is pretty good. They cover things in the US that few in the West would cover.

My "worldview" is that of letting others in the world live as they wish. Committing genocide and stunning women and homosexuals to death being some of the exceptions. I would have supported the US intervening in Rwanda to stop the genocide. It's a moral and not ideological conviction.

My "worldview" does not support US backing of ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaida, and causing the Libya and Syria to descend into hell. The Russians today have a similar view as I do of leaving other nations alone.

I think it is you seeking to confirm your own worldview of the United States perpetually wearing the "white hat" along with its former colonial allies.
So you think Russia doesn't meddle in the affairs of its neighbors? You don't think Russia hasn't been meddling in the Middle East trying to secure pipelines? You don't think Russia and OPEC aren't cozy?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Russia is just find. The Russian people are more united than the American people are and nothing Americans say or do will change that. So, the Russians together bear nobly the evil assault the West has inflicted upon it.

Russia got itself in trouble by standing its ground and against the globalist New World Order.
No, its economy is still very much commodity driven which has been hammered the past 2-3 years as we have too much supply. Russia, like Saudia Arabia, is burning through their it's piggy bank. Not a smart time to be aggressive militarily since that's expensive.

Demographically, there are more seniors than teenagers and Russia is one of the countries expected to lose population sooner than later .

Quote:
Last time I looked at an online map the South China Sea was not the Gulf of Mexico. Yet, Western mainstream media presents US warship provoking conflict with Chinese warships in the South China Sea as the US merely being a peaceful security force floating its naval ships around the shores of Lousiana in protection of the USA. And portrays China as these globalist aggressive military forces provoking peaceful US naval vessels.

That's Western state owned news propaganda.

The South China Sea is around Vietnam, China, and what? The Philippines I believe.
You don't think it's because the Japanese and China have been disputing territory in that area? Last time I checked Japan was an important ally.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
So you think Russia doesn't meddle in the affairs of its neighbors? You don't think Russia hasn't been meddling in the Middle East trying to secure pipelines? You don't think Russia and OPEC aren't cozy?

You are a complete tool to suggest Russia and OPEC is cozy given the US Saudi arrangement from hell. The US is now doing its dirty work in Yemen. Any idiot would deal with OPEC if they exported oil.

As to Russia meddling in is neighbors, again who wouldn't given not only the history of Asia, and that any vacuum simply invites color revolutions. Russia has one of the most trust worthy traits of any power, a far more limited capacity to make mischief . All I want is self interested nations. People who make hamburgers don't make the best burgers because they love me. They do it because I would go to a competition. Do you think this board is full of morons ?

Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 PM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hey everyone, how about that credible Brookings Institute?

Why Brookings Institution and Establishment Love Wars

Among the leading propagandists for invading Iraq back in 2002 were Kenn Pollack and Michael O’Hanlon, both with the Brookings Institution; and both propagandists still are frequently interviewed by American ‘news’ media as being ‘experts’ on international relations, when all they ever really have been is salesmen for US invasions, such as that 2003 invasion, which destroyed Iraq and cost US taxpayers $3 trillion+ or $4.4 trillion – benefiting only the few beneficiaries and their agents, such as the top executives of these ‘non-profits,’ which receive a small portion of the take, as servants usually do.

Look at all our good friends :

The «Annual Report 2015» from the Brookings Institution, opens with the «Co-Chairs’ Message» on page 2, which is signed by Brookings's co-chairmen, David L Rubenstein and John L Thornton. Thornton is a former Chairman of Goldman Sachs. Cheng Li is the Director of the John L Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution, and he attended the super-secretive Bilderberg meetings both in 2012 and in 2014, and so might have been Thornton’s agent there. Peter Sutherland, the Chairman of Goldman Sachs International, was also there. The main topic at the 2014 meeting was the war in Ukraine, but other wars were also on the agenda, such as Syria, and so were President Obama’s ‘trade’ treaties: TPP, TTIP, and TISA. Other luminaries present at those secret discussions were Timothy Geithner, Eric Schmidt, Robert Rubin, Lawrence Summers, Charles Murray, etc., and Europeans such as Christine Lagarde and Anders Fogh Rasmussen. Perhaps some sales were made. In 2013, Jeff Bezos and Donald Graham met at the Bilderberg conference, and two months later, Bezos agreed to buy the Washington Post from Graham. Less than a year after that, Bezos’s Amazon won the CIA-NSA cloud computing contract, vital to the US military. Bezos’s most profitable operation has allegedly been that military contract, and the money-losing Washington Post is a longstanding supporter of US armed invasions, which require lots of cloud computing. For example, the WP was gung-ho for regime-change in Iraq in 2002, as well as, more recently, for bombing Libya, Syria, and the bombing in Ukraine’s civil war after the coup.
Woo hoo , cha-ching...
Oh how quaint- a nice little propaganda piece by none other than Vladimir Maximenko, chief propaganda Editor in Chief for your nice little linky-poo.

Pro Russian puke.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You are a complete tool to suggest Russia and OPEC is cozy given the US Saudi arrangement from hell. The US is now doing its dirty work in Yemen. Any idiot would deal with OPEC if they exported oil.
Don't much think OPEC and Russia like US shale producers, especially given the efficinecy gains and the reduction in drilling time.

Quote:
As to Russia meddling in is neighbors, again who wouldn't given not only the history of Asia, and that any vacuum simply invites color revolutions. Russia has one of the most trust worthy traits of any power, a far more limited capacity to make mischief . All I want is self interested nations. People who make hamburgers don't make the best burgers because they love me. They do it because I would go to a competition. Do you think this board is full of morons ?
When you jump into a conversation, it's best you keep up with the context, otherwise it makes you look foolish.

And yes, I think this is board is full of morons.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:51 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Don't much think OPEC and Russia like US shale producers, especially given the efficinecy gains and the reduction in drilling time.

When you jump into a conversation, it's best you keep up with the context, otherwise it makes you look foolish.

And yes, I think this is board is full of morons.[/quote]

24 posts in and already calling people morons.

Nice start.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

24 posts in and already calling people morons.

Nice start.
I guess I could have been dishonest when I answered that poster's comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies