Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Phetaroi stated what I felt as well.

On your questions I do work. I never hear anyone mention white privilege or any controversial topics at all. Even during this election season we have not had anyone say anything about politics either.

I don't read a lot of newspapers either online or print because like I stated earlier, they are meant to sensationalize minor events that rarely occur in our day to day lives.

I also don't watch much news because they are the same as above.
It's your prerogative to think I "dwell on the topic". I view that as a slam, by the way, so didn't want to include it in my other post.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's your prerogative to think I "dwell on the topic". I view that as a slam, by the way, so didn't want to include it in my other post.
I don't think that she was attempting to slam you. However people like yourself are so deeply entrenched into the belief that you are 100% correct about EVERYTHING that you simply are not willing to consider anyone else's point of view.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:14 PM

114 posts, read 77,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I've often wondered why the movement didn't protest the inner city murders of Chicago, however there are other groups (usually local) that do but it's just that they get no attention.
That's plausible. I do understand the media sensationalizes everything and only runs a story they believe will receive the most views.

Quote:
Where I live we have about 3 active groups that are involved in BLM. They were involved in community activism and decreasing violence in black neighborhoods since the late 1990s. They are still involved in doing those things a majority of the time; however the local media only shows them on TV and on newspapers in relation to BLM protests.

As I stated above, media wants to portray a certain image of black people. It is not a good ideal for blacks or the majority of the populace to buy into their ideas of our social activists organizations.
If the media is portraying black people in a negative light then why don't they call them out on their B.S.

If the media was painting a disparaging picture of who I am, especially on a national level, I would by all means be trying to right the wrong.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:25 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Simple, when society says one group is allowed to do something while another is not, it's a problem that draws attention.
Simple as that.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:34 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
I think this post goes back to the OP at hand. Black people actually do not go out and speak to everyone about our institutions. White media outlets come and investigate us and many organizations "study" black Americans and they write about these things and then we get all these non-black people in our business. The same is not done for Indians or Chinese or many Latino American communities. Black people do not go out of our way and never have to flaunt any sort of "black" organization in front of white people.

On this, many of my enslaved ancestors are from SC and the area that Edward Ball's book is about. Also, a couple lines of my enslaved ancestors were owned by the Hairston family and that family also had a book "The Haristons: An American Family in Black and White" written by Henry Wieneck. My family were owned by the Hairstons in Henry County, Virginia and the information that the Hairston family donated to the Virginia Archives and the University of Virginia allowed me to trace those enslaved ancestors back to the 1700s. So I agree it depends on the record keeping, however, for slavery researchers, all plantation owners had to, at one point in time, have a tax assessment done on their "property" and due to slaves being considered property, many times, those slaves are listed by name/age and in family group in old tax and probate court records. Many black Americans today just are not adept in slavery research, which can be difficult but is made much easier, if like me you find you have a lot of ancestors who were owned by people who held large plantations and kept very good genealogical and value records regarding their chattel slaves.

Due to this, I am always happy when I find a group of my family who were owned by a large plantation owner as I am always certain to find more information that I can about those ancestors who were owned by physicians or small farmers or in various cities.
^Interesting!

Old 10-23-2016, 02:12 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ13 View Post
That's plausible. I do understand the media sensationalizes everything and only runs a story they believe will receive the most views.

If the media is portraying black people in a negative light then why don't they call them out on their B.S.

If the media was painting a disparaging picture of who I am, especially on a national level, I would by all means be trying to right the wrong.
Blacks do all the time.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:39 PM

114 posts, read 77,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Blacks do all the time.
Do you have a link?

I haven't seen or read about it.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Globalist, democrats and progressives and their identity group coalition need to stop scapegoating and imposing on whites who do not want it.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Globalist, democrats and progressives and their identity group coalition need to stop scapegoating and imposing on whites who do not want it.
What are you talking about? Do you even know?

I wonder if it is even possible for some of you to not simply regurgitate Alt-Right rhetoric/lingo/talking points and just have a real conversation.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
This entire thread is hysterical.

I'm glad I'm not a white man. The black posters in here have no ability to see how the progressive/liberal ideals they embrace truly do victimize white people.

I've never been in a thread where I said aloud "how could one be so obtuse?" this many times. It just kept going and going. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies