Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Mine will be just fine either way too. Actually when Obama raised taxes the first round I cut back to now a cruise mode with my company. Nope, no re-investing, No hiring more people. Yep, just cruise mode and hoarding. Turns out that since small business is in yet another bulls eye for higher taxes I did the right thing.

Time is money, and time is the most valuable thing we have. If anyone thinks I'm going to risk money and work even harder, deal with more employees just to be forced to give it to the government they're out of their fricken minds, nuts, off their rocker! Now with more time to spend with family and friends, and enjoying life I've learned that stuff means nothing. Just relaxing

Let everyone else worry about how they are going to make a living. Can't find a job, that's your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So much for that vaunted American work ethic!

I have no desire to be a government slave anymore than blacks had a desire to be slaves to plantation owners.

Yep, I've been disincentived. Lefties think you know so much? Good, build your own business, have fun finding a decent job. You worry about how you're going to make a living. Can't find a job, that's your problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 09:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So much for that vaunted American work ethic!
Are you looking in the mirror Fmkt??

Old 10-24-2016, 06:28 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm not being devious here and neither are you. You are simply avoiding. I am only asking for clarification. I figured that you did not understand the topic but I was willing to give you a chance. It's all cool. This is not school and I am not your teacher.
Again, you argue over definitions, seeking to get into a word smithing debate.

so, either I go into some long drawn out tit for tat over various "definitions" where you conclude that I do not understand or I refuse to participate and you claim the same thing. Either way, its an Alinksy tactic.

Run along.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:59 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
As opposed to trump's ignorance, inexperience, and belief that presiding over our Nation is akin to running a reality TV program, right?

Please!

I'm no fan of Hillary. But given the options between her extensive experience, and trump's make-believe world, I'll take the former.

If Trump is like a circus monkey with a machine gun and Hillary is like an experienced hit man with a silencer and precision aim, I would take my chances with the monkey, either way the gun is pointed in our direction. American people have allowed this to happen, maybe we deserve whatever we get.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why vote for Trump after he said during one of the primary debates that wages are too high? He said because of that America can't compete with the rest of the world. So you want the minimum wage to be either dropped or abolished?

Excellent questions!

And still no answers from the Trumpettes.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what this country needs is for Trump to put on a trade war with Mexico and China. Doing that will cause the economy to grow at the 3 or 4% Trump is talking about.
Actually just the thread of a trade war with China and other mercantilist Asian countries would be a start. The threat of tariffs or quotas would even be better, most likely would work wonders.

Do you know for more then half this country's history, the Federal government used to get a large portion of its revenue from tariffs? That is until they discovered the Income tax where they could tax their own people instead of International trade. The People may not be happy about that but you can bet Corporations are!

Last year in 2015, the United States had a trade deficit with China of minus 367 billion dollars. That is money leaving the United States and going to China, some of which will help build up China's rapidly increasing navy and airforce that may one day challenge the United States for control of the Pacific Ocean.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

These trade deficits are similar with other mercantilist countries like Japan (-69 billion) and South Korea (-28 billion) who have hidden internal trade barriers or undervalued currencies that makes American products more expensive and their products less expensive. We used to tolerate these deficits probably to help build up these countries after WW2 and to fight communism. But that is long gone and instead we tolerate these trade deficits because we have big multinational corporations making huge profits and buying and selling many politicians.

That is why it is refreshing to have a few politicians like Trump who even acknowledge there is a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies