Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:35 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Shirt to Post-Game Press Conference | Total Pro Sports

He just wants attention. He should learn to throw a football again.

Seems to be working for him.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:37 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Change the channel bro. I know that's hard, but if you don't care about what some sports player says politically, then just turn it off. How hard is that?
I haven't watched an NFL all season. The sight of mega-millionaires complaining about the system that made them wealthy is just to stupid to bear.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:48 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Thanks to Kaepernick there has been several attacks on police by blacks. The odd thing is these black cowards are attacking police who are black as well as whites.

If Kaepernick really wanted to curtail blacks dying by gun he should move to Chicago and show the world how it's done. He is a has-been that never was and is now attempting to find some recognition.

One thing Kaepernich has accomplished is a lot of fans who no longer watch the NFL. The thing about sports is that for most of us it is an escape from the day to day humdrum. It was something to look forward to and something to discuss afterwards. Sports were never intended to be a place for political or social protest. The way Kaepernich does it is anti-American and an insult to all the brave men and women who served our country. Kaepernich has done nothing but destroy a game many of us loved. I hope I see the replay of the day he leaves the game on a stretcher.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:51 AM

995 posts, read 1,694,500 times
Maybe he should concentrate on figuring out why he was given up by his AA parents and had to be raised by a white couple.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Didn't know that a guy can't protest if he loses a football game.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:10 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Thanks to Kaepernick there has been several attacks on police by blacks. The odd thing is these black cowards are attacking police who are black as well as whites.

If Kaepernick really wanted to curtail blacks dying by gun he should move to Chicago and show the world how it's done. He is a has-been that never was and is now attempting to find some recognition.

One thing Kaepernich has accomplished is a lot of fans who no longer watch the NFL. The thing about sports is that for most of us it is an escape from the day to day humdrum. It was something to look forward to and something to discuss afterwards. Sports were never intended to be a place for political or social protest. The way Kaepernich does it is anti-American and an insult to all the brave men and women who served our country. Kaepernich has done nothing but destroy a game many of us loved. I hope I see the replay of the day he leaves the game on a stretcher.
Is your patriotism so weak that his peaceful protests bother you? Did those protests change your life one tiny bit?
Is your appreciation of football so weak as to be diminished by a players actions when the games has not even started?

For the life of me I cannot figure out why something so trivial has created so many ripples. It is as if people are just looking for something to be offended by.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:12 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Shirt to Post-Game Press Conference | Total Pro Sports

He just wants attention. He should learn to throw a football again.
So what?

The only reason you're making an issue of this is b/c of his refusal to stand and place his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

Otherwise, you'd have just chucked this up to him having a crappy performance.

Leave him alone and move on. He cares nothing for what you think of him.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Maybe he should concentrate on figuring out why he was given up by his AA parents and had to be raised by a white couple.
He wasn't given up by his AA parents. His white mother put him up for adoption. For all you know, his father may not even know he exists.

And regardless, why denigrate anyone for putting him up for adoption? I thought that everybody finds it to be a great idea in lieu of abortion. Or is that all just hogwash too.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:23 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
I'd love to know where he got the shirt. I'd like one for myself.

People need to stop being so shook.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Seems to be working for him.
See the post below yours.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Didn't know that a guy can't protest if he loses a football game.
Was his team playing the black panthers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies