Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 10:20 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I think there's a lot of closet Trump voters.
Probably, but the closet isn't very big in comparison to what it once was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What's the point of an election if the only choices are the same? What's the difference between Hillary and Jeb Bush.
Hillary is more manly than Jeb. Otherwise, they are the same candidate.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:58 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Trump stands a good chance of winning. The bullying and intimidation of supporters by the media and democrat/republican establishment really has driven a lot of people to stay silent. I don't wear my Trump hat anymore and don't have the bumper sticker because I'm aftaid of getting my car keyed or spray painted. When other people are talking politics, I stay quiet or say I liked Bernie. But I'm really Trump'a biggest fan!!!

It's not that I'm ashamed, but it's downright dangerous to openly support Trump in many areas. Too many videos online of Trump supporters beaten and harassed. Too many news articles about cars vandalized.

It's sad what the media has done to Trump and supporters. I imagine there are many many others who feel the same way. Neither me or my family has ever been polled and we are all for Trump.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:07 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber;45938999[B
]Trump stands a good chance of winning[/b]. The bullying and intimidation of supporters by the media and democrat/republican establishment really has driven a lot of people to stay silent. I don't wear my Trump hat anymore and don't have the bumper sticker because I'm aftaid of getting my car keyed or spray painted. When other people are talking politics, I stay quiet or say I liked Bernie. But I'm really Trump'a biggest fan!!!

It's not that I'm ashamed, but it's downright dangerous to openly support Trump in many areas. Too many videos online of Trump supporters beaten and harassed. Too many news articles about cars vandalized.

It's sad what the media has done to Trump and supporters. I imagine there are many many others who feel the same way. Neither me or my family has ever been polled and we are all for Trump.
No he doesn't. It would be the most disgraceful time in our history if he was elected.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:30 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
True, but would Cruz have been any better? Rubio is a democrat by any other measure. I would have preferred Rubio in spite of his weak position on illegal immigration.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:27 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
I'm not a fan of Cruz, and really not of Rubio either. But I'd pick Rubio over Clinton or Trump, and I do believe he could beat Clinton. Cruz would have a harder time picking up moderates imo.

Trumps a nut. Cruz is creepy and way too socially conservative. Rubio has too many personal financial issues. Nobody wants another political dynasty in Bush. Kasich was too far to the center and too willing to compromise, but he was my favorite. Paul came off as too inexperienced, too willing to compromise, and he seems like he is lecturing like a professor, he just didn't seem presidential.

Rand Paul could be a great presidential candidate in 12 years if he works on his problems.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:31 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No he doesn't. It would be the most disgraceful time in our history if he was elected.
I think it's pretty disgraceful that a liar like Clinton will most likely get elected.
330 million people and Trump and Clinton are our choices. Damn we have hit an all time low.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:19 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
No, Hillary would have won regardless.

You party is dying. The older people are dying off, there are not enough millionaires to vote a win, less racists, less greedy people, less religious zealots. less people who want to worry about what women can do with their bodies.

Stupidest thing I ever read on this forum is "older people are dying off" and that means the end of conservatism.

Young people become older people every day.

They also change from net recipients of government largess to actual tax payers.

Of course, the Republican Party and its questionable future isn't really the issue.

What we are seeing is the latest manifestation of the Tea Party movement.

In fact, your statement above is precisely what was said about the movement as early as 2009.

The reason you have to resort to name calling is because there isn't really a good reason, if we are honest, to oppose a grass roots political movement that advocates for working Americans, military veterans and other responsible and productive members of society.

And you can't just come out and admit that the reason you disapprove of the movement is because you hate individuals (particularly white males) who work, pay their taxes, care for their families and obey the law because, unlike the special groups you would perhaps have government mandated advantage bestowed upon, these people, life's producers and problem solvers, are actually deserving of our respect.

Trump may or may not win, but be aware that nothing began with Trump and nothing will end with Trump.

This is a movement of, by and for the people who produce and are sick and tired of what we produce being confiscated by mooches, both rich and poor, and all while an accusing finger is continually wagged in our face.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:24 AM

33,326 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Doesn't matter. If you have an American parent you're natural born.
There are a few restrictions, but unless someone could prove Cruz's mother didn't spend 10 years worth of days in the U.S. before he was born, with 5 years of that time after she turned 14...which, given her biography, is likely impossible...Ted Cruz meets the definition under the law that applies to his situation. This is codified in the U.S. Code -- Title 8 -- Chapter 12 -- Subchapter III -- Part 1 -- Section 1401 -- Subsection (g) -- the first sentence before the colon. The only material difference re how this section read when Ted Cruz was born vs. now...is that when Cruz was born "periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years" INSTEAD read "periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years". The change from "10y/5y" to "5y/2y" was codified into the law in November of 1986.

8 U.S.C. § 1401 : US Code - Section 1401: Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

It is my understanding that, as far as FEDGOV is concerned, Ted's dad = classified as an alien (re this area of the code) when Ted was born. If Ted's dad = classified as a national (but not a citizen) at the time of Ted's birth, his mother's 'physically present in the U.S. time requirement' would drop from the "10y/5y" requirement to 1 year at anytime before Ted was born, and that is codified in Subsection (d), rather than Subsection (g).

Old 10-25-2016, 02:36 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I think it's pretty disgraceful that a liar like Clinton will most likely get elected.
330 million people and Trump and Clinton are our choices. Damn we have hit an all time low.
Leftists are ALL criminals. Her voters like that she's one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies