Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:36 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
National debt tripled under Obama.
In 2009 our national debt was $11,909,829,003,511 and in 2016 our national debt was $19,694,316,597,212. But Obama's (actual) policies only raised our debt by $2.2 trillion dollars.

First Obama added $2.7 trillion dollars to our national debt from 2013-2022 by extending 82% of the Bush tax cuts. From 2013-2016 Obama added about $1.4 trillion dollars to our debt by extending the Bush tax cuts.
Budget Deal Makes Permanent 82 Percent of President Bush

Then Obama added $831 billion dollars to our national debt with his 2009 stimulus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...nt_Act_of_2009

The rest of the debt growth that happened from 2009-2016 was caused by the Bush tax cuts happening from 2009-2012, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and increased spending and federal subsidies started by GW Bush, ex.ex.

https://www.mercatus.org/publication...-george-w-bush
RealClearMarkets - Do Crony Handouts Have a Stranglehold On the GOP?

Quote:
Obamacare has destroyed individual health insurance coverage with company HMO's and coverage to follow.
And you and the rest of the republicans have cheered it, wished for it, and allowed it to happen.

(1) republican in Washington wrote a bill that would have stopped Obamacare from hurting small businesses and other Americans. But no other republicans in Washington would join him to stop Obamacare from hurting people.

Kingston: O-Care failure not 'responsible' | TheHill

Fact is republicans could have stopped Obamacare from hurting American citizens years ago, but instead republicans sat back and allowed Obamacare to hurt people so people would be upset by Obamacare and then vote republican.

Quote:
Very soon it will be your electric bill which will initially double but that is just a start. Their belief in this hair brained global warming ridiculousness is going to make your electric bill one of your largest bills, up there with your mortgage. The impacts have not hit yet, but they are starting.
America's republicans are the only political party on Earth who don't believe in man made global warming, and the rest of the worlds conservative parties believe in man made global warming.

Why Are Republicans the Only Climate-Science-Denying Party in the World?

Fox news, Rush radio, and corporate republican politicians say "man made global warming is a hoax" because combating global warming would reduce corporate profits in the large corporations that finaince the republican party.

Meet The Climate Denial Machine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Hillary wanting to take the majority of your life's work via an estate tax.
Only the wealthiest 0.2 percent of Americans pay the estate tax.

Ten Facts You Should Know About the Federal Estate Tax | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 10-25-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Dont forget the increase in immigration
Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president in American history, and Obama almost deported more immigrants than every other president combined from the 20th century.

Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion

Quote:
& acceptance of refugees from countries who despise us & threatening to attack us.
Those refugees are war refugees and wealthy and civilized countries take in refugees in times of war.

And yes those war refugees present a security problem for America, but manipulating the issue to make it appear as if Obama wants to bring in radical Muslim terrorists distorts whats really going on.

Quote:
we will also be assaulted by our guests & still have to pay for their welfare, healthcare. We deserve this because we have been voting without thinking about the consequences. So we should be held accountable for our own actions, not just the leaders.
Ronald Reagan and every republican after him has complained about welfare. And for the last 35 years republican politicians have done absolutely nothing to fix our welfare system.

Republicans complain about welfare but they do nothing to fix it. And this is dangerous for America because republicans claim to want to fix welfare, but republicans do absolutely nothing while our welfare system gets worse and worse.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:52 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
How does an Article 5 convention get started, and is anyone getting that ball rolling yet?

Hmmm -- just found this after writing the above question. Looks like the ball is already rolling! Sorry if this link was already posted. But it sounds like it takes either 2/3 of congress or 2/3 of states to get it through. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.....
Convention of States
Yep, it is rolling, it just needs support and pressure by people to get their states involved.

It is the last hope for survival before a civil war.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:52 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
As an example, when I lived in Manhattan, I rented an apartment in a townhouse. My landlord, a very wealthy, self-employed, business owner, sold this townhouse he bought before 1980 for approximately $16 million dollars two years after I moved out. He qualified to live in a rent controlled apartment on the west side of Manhattan with four bedrooms several decades ago and pays less than a third of what he charged me for a one bedroom on the east side. They are equal neighborhoods. My apartment was not rent controlled.

Why does a very rich man qualify to live in a rent controlled apartment subsidized by taxpayers? He does because Democrats passed laws that say he qualified years ago and he still does.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-25-2016 at 02:02 PM..

Old 10-25-2016, 02:27 PM

504 posts, read 384,989 times
I'm an independent voter, and I have no interest in joining political party's. I'm not happy with the GOP, but their is no denying that the Democratic party has been a total disaster for this country. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves. Nonetheless the democratic sheeple will vote for Hilary regardless.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:32 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
I'm an independent voter, and I have no interest in joining political party's. I'm not happy with the GOP, but their is no denying that the Democratic party has been a total disaster for this country. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves. Nonetheless the democratic sheeple will vote for Hilary regardless.
Yes, with your location listed as the Communist Republic of Connecticut you are obviously a very open-minded individual who would probably do well to visit a real Communist country to compare to your beloved Connecticut.

As for how much harder (or easier) Democrats can make your life at the national level - you're going to find out soon.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:44 PM

504 posts, read 384,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Yes, with your location listed as the Communist Republic of Connecticut you are obviously a very open-minded individual who would probably do well to visit a real Communist country to compare to your beloved Connecticut.

As for how much harder (or easier) Democrats can make your life at the national level - you're going to find out soon.
No need to wait for Hilary, I already have with Obama. Besides the election is not over, and your simply regurgitating with what the Hilary backed media is polling. Here's a novel idea! How about thinking for yourself instead of drinking the kool aid the media is throwing at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies