Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:04 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Where do you put this article? Yes, Diversity Is About Getting Rid Of White People (And That’s A Good Thing)What? That's the most misguided thing I've read today. I have no idea why you would claim that universities aren't places of political indoctrination. That is exactly what they are. It's a well-known and widely-established phenomenon. I've seen it over and over and over again, I read about it constantly, there are articles published daily about it, etc.
I'd file that article in the same category as I'd file rants by homeless people about how the apocalypse is coming. The ideas in that article are not common opinions.

Have you ever been to a university? I spent two years a community college and got a liberal arts degree from a four year university (and yes, I regret it) and there was not a single instance of political indoctrination...except maybe by one economics teacher, and he was quite conservative. The only thing he really said that struck me as odd was his view that hospitals should pay for blood donations, and that's really not that terrible of an idea.

I also had a feminist literature teacher. She didn't try to brainwash us either. She showed different ways stories might be looked at. She discussed a way Beowulf could be seen as a great tragedy, rather than a tale of heroism, for example.

I think anyone who sees universities as places of indoctrination has far too thin of skin. These are college students. They're not toddlers. They can handle themselves.

Last edited by Clintone; 10-25-2016 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Yeah, that's why SEIU and the Fight for 15 crowd just happen to be at every one of these protests and all the leaders who did not want to be filmed just happened to be wearing shirts blazoned with SEIU and UFW logos (I guess Teamsters were too controversial for them to use to finish out the Change to Win coalition).

(And who makes up the vast majority of SEIU workers? Public workers under predominantly Democrat state and local governments and public hospitals in strongly blue states.)

Seriously though, do some research on Change To Win Coalition and look at how often their representatives appear at these protests. On college campuses, this is particularly driven by Change to Win stewards serving as part time faculty adjuncts.
I don't know what any of that is and I'm not going to bother to look it up.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
More ignorance and lack of insight.

What complete stooge would ever think that? Do you think someone with an apple orchard sends out a memo to the apple trees? Do you think anyone tells the bees which trees to pollinate? Do you think cattle know they exist because they were bred to make a nice T-bone? If I didn't like you, and I don't, I would not need to conspire with anyone. I could simply give one of your enemies a job, and a raise. If you had a donut shop, I could decide to become an investor in the coffee house a block away. I don't have to tell anyone to do anything. All I need to do is encourage the self interest of your enemies and competitors . Ever look into how Rome broke up the Greeks such as the Achaean League? No simp ever does.

Soros is funding them as we speak. He just became an investor in the the donut shop across the street. All they need to do is fund existing movements.

Gee, how easy it is to harness this? So you never thought anyone would get the bright idea to make use of such people?

What major historians have you read BTW? Or is it that you just like to babble like so many others?
Word soup.

Yeah, self-interest is at the root of it all. That's good. You could have stopped there. It will never be due to any massive conspiracy, by and large. Stop making it sound like it's all a massive conspiracy or you'll sound like a crazy person.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:30 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I still don't know what the Q stands for. Now there's IA. I'm way behind the curve here. Speaking for myself, if someone try to impede my free movement based on my skin tone, there's going to be trouble. Especially if they put there hands on me, or worse my lady or another loved one. That would lead to....very bad things.
Q = *****, an umbrella term for anybody who isn't straight and cisgender (physical gender matches the gender in which they identify), but don't identify in any particular group such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, etc.

I = intersex (people with ambiguous sexual characteristics)

A = asexual

These are readily searchable on the internet for those who are interested.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:09 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
The ideas in that article are not common opinions.
Those ideas have been getting closer to the surface for a while. I'd give it 8 to 10 more fall semesters before this becomes something a lot of people aren't afraid to say. Get used to it.
Quote:
Have you ever been to a university?
I've done about 8 years of higher education, not that my or your individual experience means a thing.
Quote:
I think anyone who sees universities as places of indoctrination has far too thin of skin.
Here's what you originally wrote:

"People don't learn about proper race relations in college, nor do they learn political views."

^ That's just incorrect. College is THE place where people explore radical political thought, get exposed to attractive ideas such as Marxism and extreme [regressive] forms of political correctness, have their passions and sense of "justice" enflamed, organize and participate in all kinds of protests and movements, delve into various counter-cultural elements, rebel against their upbringing culturally and politically, etc. College is where people study ideas like gender and racial justice. This has been going on for generations.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:14 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
Anti-Racist Berkeley Protesters Demand Spaces of 'Color', Harass White Students Trying to Pass | Heat Street

This is why white people need to start thinking at least in part (though hopefully not exclusively) in terms of white interests. We are being pushed into this.
I'm confused. I thought the minorities and trasgendered people wanted integration and inclusion. Either they want that or they don't. Their choice. But we don't have to subsidize a separatist choice.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
In the last 8 years of the current administration, the last 50 years of progress have disappeared. This great nation of ours is so devided right now.
Really?

Gay sex isnt illegal anymore
Blacks can marry whites
Women can vote!

I havent seen that slide back.

The only thing you are seeing is that your preconceptions of what should be, is being challenged. Thats not a lack of progress.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:34 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
I see gentrification hasn't changed Berkeley any.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Q = *****, an umbrella term for anybody who isn't straight and cisgender (physical gender matches the gender in which they identify), but don't identify in any particular group such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, etc.

I = intersex (people with ambiguous sexual characteristics)

A = asexual

These are readily searchable on the internet for those who are interested.
I'm suppose to be interested in the sex lives of others?

Old 10-25-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Those ideas have been getting closer to the surface for a while. I'd give it 8 to 10 more fall semesters before this becomes something a lot of people aren't afraid to say. Get used to it. I've done about 8 years of higher education, not that my or your individual experience means a thing. Here's what you originally wrote:
Crazy people are nothing new. They're not increasing in number. They're just taking on different forms of crazy, so far as I can see. I don't know why you'd disagree.

Quote:
"People don't learn about proper race relations in college, nor do they learn political views."

^ That's just incorrect. College is THE place where people explore radical political thought, get exposed to attractive ideas such as Marxism and extreme [regressive] forms of political correctness, have their passions and sense of "justice" enflamed, organize and participate in all kinds of protests and movements, delve into various counter-cultural elements, rebel against their upbringing culturally and politically, etc. College is where people study ideas like gender and racial justice. This has been going on for generations.
Then that's not brainwashing. That's exploration. What, would you tell them to avoid researching different political views? That search for knowledge will have both good and bad results, depending on the person. That's not anything to discourage. That's just something they can get from talking to enough people on the internet. There is nothing about college that involves any more political indoctrination than Citi-Data.

Last edited by Clintone; 10-25-2016 at 10:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies