Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 09:27 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times

Advertisements

When we talk about police brutality against blacks, we tend to be reminded that more whites are shot by cops than blacks. Do you have an explanation for this statistic? Do you think police brutality is more of a human issue than it is a race issue? Should we be policing the police?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:55 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
When we talk about police brutality against blacks, we tend to be reminded that more whites are shot by cops than blacks. Do you have an explanation for this statistic? Do you think police brutality is more of a human issue than it is a race issue? Should we be policing the police?
Whites make up a larger portion of our population so that would be the reason that more whites are shot than blacks.

Police brutality is an issue but it is not the MAIN issue facing black Americans. Again "we" like to focus on the symptoms and not find a remedy for the disease. "We" like to point fingers at others instead of addressing our own issues and finding resolutions. I fully support the law enforcement and I am grateful for the protection that they provide to communities.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:42 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Whites outnumber Blacks 5 to 1. By that statistic alone they will outnumber us when it comes to cop shootings. Here is the hypocrisy of it all. The same individuals who say "Whites get shot more by cops than blacks" will be the same persons who argue percentages and proportions when it comes to Blacks being on welfare vs Whites being on welfare.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:08 PM

Again, when it comes to issues concerning black WOMEN and black GIRLS the community goesSILENT. No nationwide marches or protests. No one creating organizations to save black women and black girls from atrocities. Nothing.

Why?

Chicago teen apparently raped on Facebook Live relocated | Daily Mail Online

Missing black girls in DC spark outrage, prompt calls for federal help - CNN.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ice-this-year/

Old 04-02-2017, 02:16 PM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Again, when it comes to issues concerning black WOMEN and black GIRLS the community goesSILENT. No nationwide marches or protests. No one creating organizations to save black women and black girls from atrocities. Nothing.

Why?

Missing black girls in DC spark outrage, prompt calls for federal help - CNN.com

Same thing for hispanic and asian women, its not like its just black women.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Same thing for hispanic and asian women, its not like its just black women.
True but this thread is mostly black people talking about black issues.

ALL women are important but I am specifically concerned about the lack of support for BLACK women and girls.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
True but this thread is mostly black people talking about black issues.

ALL women are important but I am specifically concerned about the lack of support for BLACK women and girls.
Black Girls Rock! Homepage

Old 04-02-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I LOVE this award show!

Old 04-02-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Why?

You know, I really can't answer this one like I can't answer why most don't acknowledge black MEN who are contributing to society. This is why it is more important than ever that we've advocates for these causes.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I LOVE this award show!
I've never watched it. I didn't hear about it until recently. I just find it a fallacy that there is no movement for Black females.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies