Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 03:36 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
So why is it that decent whites get to distance themselves from non- decent ones but yet with blacks we are all guilty by association?
How so? You could have a nice all black neighborhood, and a not so nice all black neighborhood. Distance yourself from the non-decent all you want. That'd be welcome.

As I explained, black activist and the government and blacks themselves are imposing much of the entire black group onto whites and to a much lessor extent some of the lower class white group, and then constantly scapegoating whites.

Whites don't make excuses or defend their poor, ne'er-do-well and criminal. They're basically considered as dirt and always have been.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:37 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Those who criticize blacks understand that completely. But you can't just count the "talented 10%" or the upper 25% or whatever. You have to count the whole group and consider the mean or average. Besides the government doesn't allow people to selectively accept blacks. Government wants to push the entire group on to others and force equal outcomes. That is imposition. And you're right our system welfare and family law, affirmative action etc is dysgenic.
You can't judge people based on the very worst of their group. Detroit is what happens when the very best/middle class/working class Blacks leave, and the low end of the Black population stays in high concentrations. The "average" Black doesn't live in a city like Detroit or a cause issues such as that in Detroit. And there is far more than 10% or 25% of the Black population doing alright.

Southfield,MI highlights what I'm talking about. Blacks of means trying to get away from hood rats. 70 percent Black Southfield's crime rate is actually close to the national average. Middle class area. Hood rats from Detroit are driving much of the crime there. Housing crisis in metro Detroit creating black class tensions in Southfield | MLive.com

Old 10-29-2016, 03:49 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You can't judge people based on the very worst of their group. Detroit is what happens when the very best/middle class/working class Blacks leave, and the low end of the Black population stays in high concentrations. The "average" Black doesn't live in a city like Detroit or a cause issues such as that in Detroit. And there is far more than 10% or 25% of the Black population doing alright.

Southfield,MI highlights what I'm talking about. Blacks of means trying to get away from hood rats. 70 percent Black Southfield's crime rate is actually close to the national average. Middle class area. Hood rats from Detroit are driving much of the crime there. Housing crisis in metro Detroit creating black class tensions in Southfield | MLive.com
Not judging them on the worst, but the median or average or overall curve. Even the supposedly top percentage are more harmful to other groups than the average person of their own group. I'm not going to list all the ways under the sun that being imposed upon by other groups is in net harmful. You would just deny it all and defend your group. If you want to have an all black neighborhood separate and free from hood rats, I'm all for it.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:56 PM

Truth be told, I've never really been into the "black consciousness movement". It was never something I could do. I knew I was going through racism in high school. I was understanding other dysfunctions coming around me. I knew of this. Bigotry was and is intolerable.

This is what I seek. Don't judge me based on some hood rat featured on the evening news. I have nothing to do with such hooodrat. I can't do anything about such hood rat other that turn such person over to the police if he/she commits some nasty crime. There have been some bad things done to me by non-Blacks. I can recall of of the on the job racism I encountered working in a restaurant with mainly Hispanic co-workers. I knew what it felt like when the manager did nothing about it. What kind of person would I be if I held a grudge/judged every Hispanic person based on the racism I dealt with in a restaurant I worked in(that restaurant has since closed)? What kind of person would I be if I judged every White person based on the individuals who bullied me in school?

Old 10-29-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Not judging them on the worst, but the median or average or overall curve. Even the supposedly top percentage are more harmful to other groups than the average person of their own group. I'm not going to list all the ways under the sun that being imposed upon by other groups is in net harmful. You would just deny it all and defend your group. If you want to have an all black neighborhood separate and free from hood rats, I'm all for it.
If you consider decent, hardworking Blacks moving into a White neighborhood harmful, then you are the one with a problem, not me.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times
Again people, let's NOT turn this thread into a bash fest.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 PM

I asked a question earlier in this thread but got no response so I'll ask again: I'd like to know how other blacks feel about corporal punishment? Do you think that we embrace it too freely?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
How so? You could have a nice all black neighborhood, and a not so nice all black neighborhood. Distance yourself from the non-decent all you want. That'd be welcome.

As I explained, black activist and the government and blacks themselves are imposing much of the entire black group onto whites and to a much lessor extent some of the lower class white group, and then constantly scapegoating whites.

Whites don't make excuses or defend their poor, ne'er-do-well and criminal. They're basically considered as dirt and always have been.
I have not imposed myself in anyone. People of any race should be able to live where they want as long as they can afford it. I will not limit myself to where I can live just because it makes you uncomfortable.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:05 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I asked a question earlier in this thread but got no response so I'll ask again: I'd like to know how other blacks feel about corporal punishment? Do you think that we embrace it too freely?
When my children were between two and five, they were subject to a swat on the butt with a flipflop. It was effective when used.

Today, decades later, they have no problem with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZwx1LgJJTs

Old 10-29-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you consider decent, hardworking Blacks moving into a White neighborhood harmful, then you are the one with a problem, not me.
Exactly! I'm not understanding how an affluent black could be harmful to another racial group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies