Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 06:33 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
Here in California, non black women many times go out of their way to not make eye contact with black guys, particularly Asian women to be precise. I am not 14 years old. I've been on this Earth a long time, and I'm very observant. I also have known quite a lot of people in my years, and have gotten more than my share of non black women to tell me things during intimate moments, others may be unaware of. I'm well aware of how many women have families that tell them they would be very unhappy if they brought home a black guy. When I ask what's wrong with being a black guy, and would it make a difference if he was a Dr., lawyer or four star general, the answer is no, their families would be just as upset. Now, I'm a Generation Xer, so I'm sure things have changed for the better with millennials.
Now we're getting down to the details where the Devil does his dirt.

So you're talking about the elusive Asian woman, who is the current trophy of

Yeah, for Gen-X age and above, you're probably right. The issue for them is not you personally, it is family, both yours and theirs. They value the family connections, and that's not a bad thing, family connections is what has given them a leg up in American economics.

You would find Ethiopians the same way. Exquisitely lovely women, but good luck marrying into a family from the only African nation that was never successfully colonized by Europe.

So, we've boiled this down that as a black man in the US, your major complaint about racism is that you can't get any Asian women.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 AM

281 posts, read 309,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You brag about all the non-black women you've been intimate with and b**** about a lack of attention from such women at the same time? And you expect an understanding audience for this? An elderly gen Xer like yourself ought to know better.
If I'm complaining about something, then I'm obviously not bragging about it. Yes, I have been with some non black women in the past. I'm sure people starving in Somalia have had food once or twice, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't bring up the fact that food is nevertheless hard to come by. The point I'm trying to make is dating and attracting non-black and truth be told, even upper class black women, is harder than it should be, based on the fact that they have preconceived notions about us brought on by negative stereotypes in the media. Another thing, in my original post I mentioned several issues concerning how racism still affects black people, not just dating. Why aren't you addressing any of those? I thought maybe at first you simply weren't thinking out your argument, but the fact that you aren't bringing up anything else but the dating issue, along with commenting about Generation Xers who are 39 years old being elderly, lets me know you are clearly a dumba$$ (or 14) and no longer worthy of conversation.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Now we're getting down to the details where the Devil does his dirt.

So you're talking about the elusive Asian woman, who is the current trophy of

Yeah, for Gen-X age and above, you're probably right. The issue for them is not you personally, it is family, both yours and theirs. They value the family connections, and that's not a bad thing, family connections is what has given them a leg up in American economics.

You would find Ethiopians the same way. Exquisitely lovely women, but good luck marrying into a family from the only African nation that was never successfully colonized by Europe.
Are you just trying to be argumentative and funny on purpose, or are you really trying to take what I'm saying and understand my meaning? For the record, I find Mexican women more appealing than pretty much any other non black woman, so we can just dispense what the Asian fetish argument right now. If I had a fetish at all, it would be for Latinas. Having said that, I bring up the behavior of Asian women because out of all the races of non black women I encounter, their attempts to go out of their way to avoid any contact with is the most vivid. Also, this is the group that I have heard black men mention the most. You bring up family ties and cultural reasons for them not wanting to date black men. I'm sure family expectations play a big part. However, for some reason these cultural ties aren't quite as binding when it comes to dating white men, as they date them in droves! Somehow the Asian ancestors give them a pass on Brad and Cody. To pretend you don't see this it's just a lie, or perhaps you aren't black, the situation doesn't apply to you, so you don't even notice it. And yes, I'm speaking as a Generation Xer, but the whole of society hasn't made 180 degree change in 15 years. There's an argument that could be made racial relations have gotten a bit worse. I can tell you when the last time I've seen a black guy with an attractive Asian woman, and I'm live not terribly far from Irvine or Diamond Bar, California!

It would be nice to have a non-politically correct conversation just once, where people aren't being intellectually dishonest or pretending to not see vivid anecdotal evidence on a daily basis, pointing to a certain conclusion.

Quote:

So, we've boiled this down that as a black man in the US, your major complaint about racism is that you can't get any Asian women.
No! My major complaint about racism is that racist stereotypes and media portrayals have the majority of the world thinking of African Americans as ugly, lazy, stupid, dirty, broke, dangerous losers, and these negative stereotypes affect everything else around us! Be it dating options, or whether or not someone wants to live next door to us, racist propaganda negatively affects all of that.

Lastly, in my original post I mentioned several ways racism currently effects African Americans, not just dating options. Care to discuss any of the other things I mentioned? Or is the dating issue the only one you can form half an argument for?

Last edited by Troy Troy; 11-06-2016 at 09:42 AM..

Old 11-06-2016, 09:29 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Are you just trying to be argumentative and funny on purpose, or are you really trying to take what I'm saying and understand my meaning? For the record, I find Mexican women more appealing than pretty much any other non black woman, so we can just dispense what the Asian fetish argument right now. If I had a fetish at all, it would be for Latinas. Having said that, I bring up the behavior of Asian women because out of all the races of non black women I encounter, their attempts to go out of their way to avoid any contact with is the most vivid. Also, this is the group that I have heard black men mention the most. You bring up family ties and cultural reasons for them not wanting to date black men. I'm sure family expectations play a big part. However, for some reason these cultural ties aren't quite as binding when it comes to dating white men, as they date them in droves! Somehow the Asian ancestors give them a pass on Brad and Cody. To pretend you don't see this it's just a lie, or perhaps you aren't black, the situation doesn't apply to you, so you don't even notice it. And yes, I'm speaking as a Generation Xer, but the whole of society hasn't made 180 degree change in 15 years. There's an argument that could be made racial relations have gotten a bit worse.

It would be nice to have a non-politically correct conversation just once, where people aren't being intellectually dishonest or pretending to not see vivid anecdotal evidence on a daily basis, pointing to a certain conclusion.

Lastly, and the list of items I made about how racism still affects black Americans, I mentioned more than just the dating aspect. It's not just dating options that are harmed by negative stereotypes and racism, there are a host of other issues.
Your inability to get non-black women is simply not a problem for this black man and not even an example of a problem. Rather, your desire to find non-black women is an exhibition IMO of the strength of their cultures and the weakness of ours.

If black Americans had that same respect for our culture and families that you're complaining about from other cultures, we'd be much better off. No, I'm not sympathetic with what you call a problem.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:01 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
It's amazing to me how people can turn on the television, just like I do, and see unarmed blacks being shot in the street almost on a weekly basis, still somehow claim that racism doesn't exist, or wonder why someone black might bring up racism as a cause a certain issues.
I can only surmise that your Tv is different than everyone Else's, because I sure don't see what you seeing.
I see lots of blacks who are doing evil, or refusing to obey orders from LE, doing really stupid things, tend to become victims.
obama has given the black man permission to be defiant when dealing with authority, and letting them know he has their backs when they display their defiance. obama has crapped all over the black man for eight years, you are nothing to him other than a useful tool.
Anyone with an open mind can readily see how hard obama has worked to divide the races, along with the sexes, and the economic groups. He is truly the divider-in-chief. His goal is to divide America and bring us into becoming a third world country.
Clinton would love to continue his policies and become a dictator, two classes of people, the queen and her friends, and the rest to be her surfs...
Wise up people, vote for Donald if you want to save America...

Old 11-06-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Your inability to get non-black women is simply not a problem for this black man and not even an example of a problem. Rather, your desire to find non-black women is an exhibition IMO of the strength of their cultures and the weakness of ours.

If black Americans had that same respect for our culture and families that you're complaining about from other cultures, we'd be much better off. No, I'm not sympathetic with what you call a problem.
Your ability to totally over exaggerate my comments is staggering. My inability to get non-black women, when I plainly said I've dated non-black women?
This is a big reason why problems don't get soloved. Everyone trying to prove a point instead of honest discourse. Keep in mind, having sex with non- black women and getting then to date/marry you are two different things entirely!

And your right, blacks would be better off if we were just as sexually racist as other cultures are towards us. Why aren't we?? Because we are also negatively affected by racist stereotypes, propaganda and media portrayals.

Last edited by Troy Troy; 11-06-2016 at 12:47 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 02:10 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
It's amazing to me how people can turn on the television, just like I do, and see unarmed blacks being shot in the street almost on a weekly basis, still somehow claim that racism doesn't exist, or wonder why someone black might bring up racism as a cause a certain issues.

It's funny, back in the day before cell phone cameras I used to hear Street cats talk about how the police beat them up or put them in jail for no reason, and I was one of those who absolutely did not believe them! Now, with the proliferation of camera phones, the nonsense is being caught on camera and is now hard to deny. The things that we are seeing on camera now, black men have been complaining about for decades! However, no one believed them, including myself.

No, I don't think I'm using racism as a go-to answer for all that ails African-Americans. I consider myself pragmatic and objective, and have enough common sense to not blame my ingrown toenail on racism. However, if a trained American police officer, who most likely works around blacks and knew black people growing up, can mistake a black man's comb or phone as a gun and shoot him accidentally, due to preconceived ( prejudiced) notions of criminality; then no, it doesn't strike me as hard to believe that the little girl from China is avoiding eye contact with black men in the mall due to those same preconceived notions.
My "got to" comment wasn't really directed at you per se, more in general. We are living in strange times now and the PC police have effectively arranged it so that anytime a criticism of any given topic, race, religion, and topics such as the LBGT community people are way to quick to start dropping all of the "ist" and the whole slew of "phobics" People use this tactic to effectively shutdown a conversation or divert it as to avoid any kind of constructive or other criticism or frankly even just a basic examination.

Couple that with a lot of people's inability to effectively look within to see what kind of part that they may have had in a given situation. Basically people like to blame others too much.

This is all generic and not pointed at you in particular just thinking out loud about how things are in this day and age.

This doesn't negate the fact that there are indeed racists, bigots, homophobes, islamaphobes, and that they do exist, I just sometimes ponder the amount of times when things are legitimately because of such issues.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:20 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Do you think that we ax blacks have to worry too often about how we present ourselves (e.g. fashion, speaking, facial expressions etc)?

I was frequently told by my mom to tdkd my hood off upon entering a shop or restaurant. I've also heard about circumstances from friends who've had the experience of having the cops called on their kids just for not looking like they belong in a neighborhood.
Some of us worry too much. Some persons don't care.

I'll come out and admit it. I have worried about how I'm perceived.

I've never been told to take my hood off when I go into stores. The police have been called on me for stupid reasons as well. Maybe it's because I'm a small stature guy, but the police never really took it serious with me. No rough handling with me.

However, I have seen where my father got treated somewhat unfairly by the police. He got a new car one year. When he drove his new car, the police were more likely to pull him over. When he drove his old car(1980s model), the police were more likely to leave him alone.

I have cared alot of how I would be perceived as a Black man. The reason is this. Being approved of could mean the difference between getting some good opportunity, and missing out big time. It could be a factor in how you are treated. Some Blacks choose not to care because it is too exhausting to care. Some Blacks care because they fear they might have something to lose.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
If I'm complaining about something, then I'm obviously not bragging about it. Yes, I have been with some non black women in the past. I'm sure people starving in Somalia have had food once or twice, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't bring up the fact that food is nevertheless hard to come by. The point I'm trying to make is dating and attracting non-black and truth be told, even upper class black women, is harder than it should be, based on the fact that they have preconceived notions about us brought on by negative stereotypes in the media. Another thing, in my original post I mentioned several issues concerning how racism still affects black people, not just dating. Why aren't you addressing any of those? I thought maybe at first you simply weren't thinking out your argument, but the fact that you aren't bringing up anything else but the dating issue, along with commenting about Generation Xers who are 39 years old being elderly, lets me know you are clearly a dumba$$ (or 14) and no longer worthy of conversation.
I'm 54, and that was the point of the sarcasm that flew over your head. "Clearly a dumba$$" is a description which fits any 39-year-old who thinks he has vast life experience, or is entitled to eye contact from any random woman he sees in the mall.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I can only surmise that your Tv is different than everyone Else's, because I sure don't see what you seeing.
I see lots of blacks who are doing evil, or refusing to obey orders from LE, doing really stupid things, tend to become victims.
obama has given the black man permission to be defiant when dealing with authority, and letting them know he has their backs when they display their defiance. obama has crapped all over the black man for eight years, you are nothing to him other than a useful tool.
Anyone with an open mind can readily see how hard obama has worked to divide the races, along with the sexes, and the economic groups. He is truly the divider-in-chief. His goal is to divide America and bring us into becoming a third world country.
Clinton would love to continue his policies and become a dictator, two classes of people, the queen and her friends, and the rest to be her surfs...
Wise up people, vote for Donald if you want to save America...
What in the name of Christian Slater are you talking about?? You racists are amazing with this Obama blaming? Obama has given black men permission to be defiant in dealing with authority?? You do realize no black person feels that way, right? In fact, most of us feel Obama had pretty much left us out to dry. To be totally honest, Obama has done a pretty good job at president for everyone but black people. It's time people stop associating blacks with affirmative action, and other handouts. We do not receive these benefits and handouts to the degree most people think. These programs are benefiting other minority groups, including white women, more than they have any blacks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies