Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 02:29 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I'm a sociology major and discussions on racial issues interest me though they can be exhausting when there's no real dialogue (e.g. discussing racism with a person who is just stuck in their ways).
Some people you cannot have these sorts of discussions with. I think that is why I don't have as many as some people. Once I recognize that someone is closed minded, I no longer engage with them.

I was also initially a Sociology major. It is a fascinating subject.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:31 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Ya can't live with large concentrations of blacks if you are not black , Jim Crow, Tim cow, or Fred fried chicken

* black middle class moved out of the projects increasing the concentration of idiots.
* black kids are raised to hate whites , not just by black racists anymore but the society at large.
* the only whites black kids know are cops. Black cops don't work because they are hated even more for being traitors.
* black unpolicing and planned lower arrest rates.

White people who move in concentrated black areas end up dead. Doesn't matter if 80% would not harm a fly. There is an element of violent race hate, with just general criminality to go with it.

Does not matter which race you are:

Unite Rochester: Local refugees targeted

Old 10-26-2016, 02:41 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,213,475 times
The average black middle class individual doesn't even participate in criminal or gang activity and certainly does not hate whites (generally speaking anyway).

Old 10-26-2016, 02:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Ya can't live with large concentrations of blacks if you are not black , Jim Crow, Tim cow, or Fred fried chicken

* black middle class moved out of the projects increasing the concentration of idiots.
* black kids are raised to hate whites , not just by black racists anymore but the society at large.
* the only whites black kids know are cops. Black cops don't work because they are hated even more for being traitors.
* black unpolicing and planned lower arrest rates.

White people who move in concentrated black areas end up dead. Doesn't matter if 80% would not harm a fly. There is an element of violent race hate, with just general criminality to go with it.

Does not matter which race you are:

Unite Rochester: Local refugees targeted
lol, that's some good comedy. If you're not getting paid for your comedic writings you really should

Old 10-26-2016, 02:46 PM

114 posts, read 77,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Truthfully, I don't know. I haven't been watching the news. When it comes to BLM, I don't know much about it. I'm hearing about the alot of bad stuff going on. I hear about the violence going on. I don't know if it's BLM or thugs who are hijacking the movement.

I am against police brutality. I do feel that as a Black man, I have a higher chance of being treated more aggressively by police. That has not happened. I do feel that there is unfairness taking place. When someone tells me "if you don't act ghetto, you won't get handled aggressively", I look at that person with the side eye.

What disgusts me are those who say "why don't you address Black on Black murders" as if Black on Black murder and police brutality are tied together or the same thing.

I have no use for the Black nationalist/separatist groups. I've always been the type who was willing to embrace integration. High school, I often wondered why the White and Black students rarely sat with each other. I never felt that it was my duty to "sit with my own kind". I figured, Black, White, it shouldn't matter. There were some Blacks I got along with, and some Whites I got along with.

There are certain things that I do feel that should be addressed. Part of me is concerned about being called an "uncle tom". On the other hand, there is this matter. I also don't want to attract the closet racists who only want to use me as doing their dirty work. Case in point, some Black youtubers I have listened to. There are some things I do agree with. I do concur that there is a certain segment of the Black population that is very problematic. I don't offer any excuses and I have no use for those individuals. Being called an "uncle tom" could be a concern. What concerns me more is attracting those who only want to use me as their watchdog, someone doing the dirty work of bigots, being used as a "Black voice" for bigots who hate Blacks.
To address the first part on the murders.

No they are not related though both are problems. This aspect is brought up because statistically there are more incidents of black on black than police on black.

Some police do have an issue with excessive force, though I'm sure it is not characteristic of one particular race. That being said I do believe the media will run with the incidents where a black person and a white cop are involved to stir the pot so to speak.

On the sitting together part, I think you partially answered your own question, see the bold. That and it is inherent to associate with those who have similar interests and who one can relate to.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:48 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
The average black middle class individual doesn't even participate in criminal or gang activity and certainly does not hate whites (generally speaking anyway).
True. Such behavior is specifically underclass behavior. Sadly, there are those who don't differentiate between the average Black person and an underclass type.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Truthfully, I don't know. I haven't been watching the news. When it comes to BLM, I don't know much about it. I'm hearing about the alot of bad stuff going on. I hear about the violence going on. I don't know if it's BLM or thugs who are hijacking the movement.

I am against police brutality. I do feel that as a Black man, I have a higher chance of being treated more aggressively by police. That has not happened. I do feel that there is unfairness taking place. When someone tells me "if you don't act ghetto, you won't get handled aggressively", I look at that person with the side eye. Likewise because not acting ghetto certainly does not guarantee you won't be handle aggressively

What disgusts me are those who say "why don't you address Black on Black murders" as if Black on Black murder and police brutality are tied together or the same thing. You know? I'm kind of torn, because okay while MOST people are killed by others of the same race, I do feel that there is a goal to eliminate blacks from the gene pool. With that in mind, I do have to wonder why the hell a black person would want to kill another black person over something petty. By doing this, that black individual is not only helping to eliminate us, but is EXPEDITING the process. I have talked about this on several occasions, so it would be thoroughly incorrect to say that I don't address it. I've taken some flack from my own people for doing so. However, it should not be the ONLY thing that one focuses on and it certainly should not be used to say "well blacks are killing each other so we can hate them if we want".

I have no use for the Black nationalist/separatist groups. I've always been the type who was willing to embrace integration. High school, I often wondered why the White and Black students rarely sat with each other. I never felt that it was my duty to "sit with my own kind". I figured, Black, White, it shouldn't matter. There were some Blacks I got along with, and some Whites I got along with.

There are certain things that I do feel that should be addressed. Part of me is concerned about being called an "uncle tom". On the other hand, there is this matter. I also don't want to attract the closet racists who only want to use me as doing their dirty work. Case in point, some Black youtubers I have listened to.Like Tommy Sotomayor? There are some things I do agree with. I do concur that there is a certain segment of the Black population that is very problematic. I don't offer any excuses and I have no use for those individuals. Being called an "uncle tom" could be a concern. What concerns me more is attracting those who only want to use me as their watchdog, someone doing the dirty work of bigots, being used as a "Black voice" for bigots who hate Blacks.

Often, blacks can get caught in that situation. You at times feel like you are babysitting and you have to be the voice of reason for you own people to show that you are not an exception but then you have the white supremacist who want to make you an exception to say what they want to say but are too cowardly to say. You have FOX news using Stacey Dash to do their dirty work for example. I don't know about you, but I sometimes find that I have to be careful about WHO I'm venting my frustration on hood rat behavior to because that person may not have my best interest.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:51 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Quote:
True. Such behavior is specifically underclass behavior. Sadly, there are those who don't differentiate between the average Black person and an underclass type.

They can differentiate, they just don't care to. They need a good reason to hate blacks, and reminding them of blacks who achieve something threatens that world view. Actually I won't even say they hate black people at all. They need someone to blame for their problems, and black people are a convient person to blame. They do the same with Latinos and also do the same with Muslims. Black people do it to.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
The majority of average black lower class individuals don't either.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:14 PM

So far this thread is going pretty well! As the discussion head, I want to bring in a new question now. What do you think of black Youtubers such as Seren Sensei and Cynthia G? Would you consider them to be SJWs? The latter, IMO is a particularly vicious character who really does nothing to advance the black community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies