Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:51 AM

38,972 posts, read 27,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
What kinds of idiots discuss politics with family, relatives or friends? Well I do a little with my wife, but I respect her views and don't try to change her mind, nor does she mine. NOBODY else.

Everybody that knows me knows not to bring up politics (or religion) in my presence...unless, of course they want me to leave..
Idiots like me myself and I

I think as long as everybody respect boundaries, and take their meds, discussing politics can be fun.

All jokes aside, I think Political persuasion techniques don’t have a good track record of, well, persuading. I can see why some don't want to discuss politics with friends and families.

After all, political preferences tend to be deeply and strongly held, and tend to come from a place that has more to do with emotion than careful deliberations (this is true of all voters, not just Trumpkins).

In my opinion, discussing politics with friends and families should be much EASIER than discussing politics HERE. Friends and families already know who you are, they won't label you as a racist or a bigot simply because you made an offensive comment. LOL

--------------------------------------

Me: still vote for Hillary?
Friend: yep you?
Me: undecided. But I still like Trump
Friend: going out saturday night?
Me: sure, pick me up because I don't feel like driving
Friend: all right

lol

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-27-2016 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 02:21 AM

29,872 posts, read 18,712,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think you and your wife are more invested in politics than your friends. How sad is that
Not. Some of our friends are into politics and some are not....your post is stupid, so what if we are or not invested in politics more than our friends.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:44 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,087,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I was listening to a radio show and I couldn't believe what I heard. According to the caller his sisters have not spoken to him in six months. All because of supporting Trump. Not only that they will not allow him to see his nephews. In my life time i've never seen such hatred for a presidential candidate. And a lot of I blame on the main street media.
Nope all my family is voting trump and I'm in liberal Hell illinois

Old 10-27-2016, 06:45 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,817,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
A family member of mine posted on FB (paraphrasing b/c she un-friended me & I can't see it any longer) "If you are voting for Trump or even considering it you are amoral, racist, delusional and the worst kind of a person. I don't even want to pretend that I know you let alone be in the same room with you."
You'd be more than welcoming at my Thanksgiving table. What she said was cruel. I don't care who you vote for, family is family, period.

Thanksgiving dinner's at Traci's, y'all.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:47 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,817,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I cant blame anyone for hiding their support of Trump. Liberals today are almost exclusively extremist wingnuts. There is no such thing as a tolerant liberal anymore, which is really too bad. On second thought, I shouldn't say that because there is one guy from college that I saw at homecoming who is as liberal as they come but still has an open mind and isn't a hateful POS like most leftists.

It's sad that you feel that way, but it's not at all true.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,487,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nope. My friends and family members are not drama queens. I have many liberal friends, we respect each other's boundaries and personal choice.

Just the other day, I read a comment on another forum, a poster said "I immediately unfriend him after finding out he is a trump supporter." I am like... ok... drama queen alert.
Yep.

Works both way, too. The drama queen, propensity to victimize themselves, crosses party lines.

Drama Queen is a chosen personality quirk.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Hmm. Calling people you disagree with depressed, delusional, ignorant and stupid seems pretty disrespectful to me.
Sounds like " drama queen" rhetoric to me.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:01 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,829,383 times
Not a Trump supporter, but if I had friends flip because I supported him, I would no longer count them as friends. Friends accept you and allow you your opinions.
Relatives? We don't get to choose our relatives, but we can damn sure break ties.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Do they really like and defend Hillary? Or are they voting for her because Trump is worse and they support Hillary's policies despite her corruption.
I live in a solid Republican area. This time, 4 years ago, it was a massive sea of Romney yard signs. This year, no yard signage.

My gut tells me most will vote against Hillary and are embarrassed to be voting Trump.

I am not voting for either of them as they both present with unprecedented conflicts of interest.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:12 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,715,619 times
A lot of people seem to have trouble understanding the fact that the viewpoints and reasons that lead to them not supporting a particular party or candidate are usually not the same viewpoints and reasons another person has for supporting that party or candidate. They just assume that you see things the same way they do and make an active choice to support what they see as being evil. That's why you get so much animosity between people who vote differently but might otherwise get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies