Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:20 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,143 times

Advertisements

I was listening to a radio show and I couldn't believe what I heard. According to the caller his sisters have not spoken to him in six months. All because of supporting Trump. Not only that they will not allow him to see his nephews. In my life time i've never seen such hatred for a presidential candidate. And a lot of I blame on the main street media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
They are doing him a favor. He should cut all leftists out of his life and he'll be much happier.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:29 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
They're probably treating him that way because Trump didin't treat women as good as Bill & Hillary Clinton.

(sarcasm)

Old 10-26-2016, 01:30 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,445 times
Not ostracized but people have been questioning me how a female immigrant like me could support Trump. When I ask them reasonable questions like - would you keep refugees in your home, are you fine paying double premiums for healthcare, are you willing to ignore issues like BLM/cop assaults, do you want to pay higher tuition costs for your kids,..... in short, how far are you going to put others' needs before your own? If you cant ignore your own & your family's well being then vote for Trump & Republicans at local, state & national level. But if you are a depressed, delusional, ignorant fool then vote for dems. We get it. We cant fix stupid.

My friends & family quickly change topics as they cant argue with me. I am not disrespectful but I 'bait' them with these questions & make them question their beliefs. I have exceptional debating skills & I use them. Dont get emotional or disrespectful. Always stay cool, well informed & use simple examples that the simple-minded can easily relate to in their lives.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
I have family members who support Trump.

I don't treat them differently.

However, I've been sneered at in the past for voting Democrat. They're not sneering this year because I don't support Clinton either. I get a little of the "you're wasting your vote" or "a vote for third party is a vote for Clinton," but I don't care.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:42 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
If you can separate the 'republican' from 'democrat' you'll be much better off. Trump isn't a 'true republican' he's got a little of both in him, so a vote for him is essentially a better democratic option than Hillary. He's a democrat with morals and a backbone and will actually help the public rather than pandering to them for votes and then saying 'see you in 4 years suckers'

Old 10-26-2016, 06:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Have You Been Ostracized From Family, Relatives or Friends Due To Supporting Trump
just the opposite===for NOT supporting Trump

Old 10-26-2016, 06:39 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Nope. My friends and family members are not drama queens. I have many liberal friends, we respect each other's boundaries and personal choice.

Just the other day, I read a comment on another forum, a poster said "I immediately unfriend him after finding out he is a trump supporter." I am like... ok... drama queen alert.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:40 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I was listening to a radio show and I couldn't believe what I heard. According to the caller his sisters have not spoken to him in six months. All because of supporting Trump. Not only that they will not allow him to see his nephews. In my life time i've never seen such hatred for a presidential candidate. And a lot of I blame on the main street media.
My opinion of Trump is based on the words that come directly from his mouth.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:44 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times
actually most of my family are all democrats voting for Trump, after years of being ostracized by that side of the family for being conservative they are finally starting to come around.

This poor guy is just now seeing the truth about liberals, they are all about free speech and having your own beliefs as long as they fit with what their speech and beliefs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies