Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 06:48 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Dont get emotional or disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
But if you are a depressed, delusional, ignorant fool then vote for dems. We get it. We cant fix stupid.
Hmm. Calling people you disagree with depressed, delusional, ignorant and stupid seems pretty disrespectful to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 06:52 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Well, I'm not a Donald Trump supported. I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primaries, and now, with some reluctance I'll admit, plan on voting for Hillary Clinton in the general election. Some people really hate Hillary. I get that. I've yet to have anyone refuse to talk to me anymore for this reason. I also know people who support Trump. I don't have any close friends, to be honest, who do, but if I did, I'd respect their right to vote that way. I'd have discussions with them; I'd be brutally honest, and I'd expect the same from them. We'd both have a mutual understanding that no matter how much we despise what the other person is doing with their vote, nothing we say is an attack on their character.

To any Donald Trump supporter out there, just know, I'd get a beer with you anytime.

However, if you cannot accept that reality that not everyone will vote as you do... kindly **** off. No one likes you because you are unlikable. You're parents are **** for raising such a **** human. Now, if you refuse to speak with me because I don't believe the same things you do, personally, I'm ok with that. I think it's a ****ed up thing to be that incredibly arrogant, but, there are enough kinds of stupid people in the world that if one of this variety says they'll unfriend me on Facebook or some ****, as far as I'm concerned, they're doing me a favor.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
actually most of my family are all democrats voting for Trump, after years of being ostracized by that side of the family for being conservative they are finally starting to come around.

This poor guy is just now seeing the truth about liberals, they are all about free speech and having your own beliefs as long as they fit with what their speech and beliefs are.
And what is the truth about liberals, exactly? You got a mighty broad brush there, Picasso.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:54 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
I have a policy to never unfriend someone (either on social media or, you know, real life) based on politics. Trump fans seem to not hold the same consideration, unfortunately.

No great loss.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:55 PM

My Mom and stepBob are voting for Trump. I'm a liberal, and I don't care. They are my family and I will never give that up.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
A family member of mine posted on FB (paraphrasing b/c she un-friended me & I can't see it any longer) "If you are voting for Trump or even considering it you are amoral, racist, delusional and the worst kind of a person. I don't even want to pretend that I know you let alone be in the same room with you."

I posted (joking), "So are you eating at the kid's table or outside by yourself on Turkey Day this year? Possibly staying home? More pie for the rest of us!"

She called me an apologist (huh?) and un-friended me before I could reply back.

I had two friends who I went to HS with post the other day (one posted, the other shared and said, "I agree. Me too.") something along the lines of, "If you are a woman and voting for Trump, de-friend me now". There was some other baloney in there too. I ignored them - they tend to be raging feminists.

Someone else replied, "Typical liberal mindset. You want someone else to do your dirty work for you."

I've un-followed all the rabid lefty name callers who drive me crazy. I didn't un-friend them. Politics aren't worth ruining relationships over.

Last edited by Informed Info; 10-26-2016 at 08:08 PM..

Old 10-26-2016, 08:06 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,392,491 times
We don't talk politics, but we are disappointed that some of them support Crooked Hillary.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:24 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,678,258 times
What kinds of idiots discuss politics with family, relatives or friends? Well I do a little with my wife, but I respect her views and don't try to change her mind, nor does she mine. NOBODY else.

Everybody that knows me knows not to bring up politics (or religion) in my presence...unless, of course they want me to leave.

I personally believe it is a mental illness to be obsessed with political horsecrap, 24/7/365.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:48 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
just the opposite===for NOT supporting Trump
That sounds like my situation in my household. I actually sneaked out to a P.O. mailbox to drop my early voting ballot. When the subject did come up though I just told a couple family members that I voted for Jill Stein (even though I didn't).

Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
I haven't told anyone because like most controversial subjects ala religion, it's polarizing and causes friction for those not evolved enough to have a peaceful debate. I grew up in a Democrat Caribbean household and they are so up Hillary's behind I'm not bothering. My college roommate, another Democrat, tried to harass me for a solid 10 minutes on who I was voting for and I wouldn't budge. He went on a rant about Trump, Republicans, and immigration and I just nodded my head yes and said "wow" and "really" every other minute and acted clueless. I know how he'd react and I don't need the drama. I identify with people on a personal level, not political, and when you expose your views on certain things, they look at you different. So I continue to just be nice to others and keep my business to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies