Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 04:07 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,414,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I'm a guy. And I'll boycott anything I damn well please. Yuenglingwill get no more of my money because they support a blabbering moron like Trump. I still boycot chick Filia over their gay marriage stance as well.

"She" was in reference to the beer. Calm yourself down. In fact; have a Yuengling.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:14 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,693,492 times
The ones that stop drinking it, must not have liked it much anyway.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:45 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
people are stupid. they are going to stop drinking a brand of beer because the owners support a candidate they dont like? how stupid is that?gates supports hitlery, that doesnt mean i am going to stop using windows as a result.

but that is their choice. they can go ahead and cut off their noses to spite their face. i might have to try yuengling now.
I think there's a difference between the owners of a company, as private citizens, supporting Trump, and the owners announcing that the company supports Trump. The former is fine; the latter is problematic to me, as politics really shouldn't be involved with what I'm drinking. Unless it's a hate group or something, I don't care what the owners think.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:49 AM

45,303 posts, read 60,463,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I think there's a difference between the owners of a company, as private citizens, supporting Trump, and the owners announcing that the company supports Trump. The former is fine; the latter is problematic to me, as politics really shouldn't be involved with what I'm drinking. Unless it's a hate group or something, I don't care what the owners think.
Is it problematic across the board or only those companies which support a candidate you don't approve of?

I ask because owners of companies are, in many people's minds, the company. Bill Gates for Microsoft as an example, or Steve Jobs for Apple in the past.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:05 AM

23,520 posts, read 17,199,245 times
Quote:
I'm a guy. And I'll boycott anything I damn well please. Yuenglingwill get no more of my money because they support a blabbering moron like Trump. I still boycot chick Filia over their gay marriage stance as well.
happiness not in your future....

is there anything you will eat or drink or wear given your high standards?

Hey, hillary takes donations from countries that legally kill gays. so you must be voting for a third party.

find out what beer hillary drinks and you can enjoy beer again.

Reminds me of early kids breakfast cereals marketing strategy.... a kid will only eat the cereal his super hero does. Worked for Wheaties and Ovaltine. Kids sure are naieve.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:08 AM

90 posts, read 102,391 times
How would you feel about this:

Oculus founder Palmer Luckey is spending big on anti-Hillary memes - Polygon

The guy is losing support due to the fact he is funding anti-hillary memes, yet is it not very hypocritical that if he were funding anti-trump memes I very doubt he would?

Old 10-27-2016, 05:17 AM

28,354 posts, read 16,362,118 times
With the proliferation of microbreweries today, there is almost certainly a better, more local lager to drink than that beer, regardless.

I haven't had a Yuengling in donkey's years. We have a local all German-style brewery that is miles better.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:41 AM

18,450 posts, read 7,077,824 times
Quote:
And neither Yuengling or Chik-fil-A care even an iota.

I'm old enough to remember when Yuengling was a reasonably priced working man's beer until they realized that idiots were perfectly willing to shell out three times the price for it if they reinvented themselves as a "micro brew" .

They are America's oldest brewery, trust me....they will survive your anti-Trump boycott without a hiccup.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:51 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,745,290 times
Quote:
I won't be drinking Yuengling anymore then! I always drank that one because it is popular in the Tampa area. Nope. Lost a customer.

Your choice, ma'am, but you'll be missing out.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:02 AM

8,036 posts, read 12,751,998 times
Never understood why any business would want to get political. Seems to me it is a good way to alienate potential customers. Same thing with actors and singers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.