Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The red states are the primary "takers." Most of our GDP is generated in the Big Blue Highly Educated Power Centers--ya know, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.
Then why does California represent half the nations welfare recipients?

Those "studies" showing the GOP are the takers, study federal spending, and have no considering on the services those red states provide to the government in exchange.. Things like military bases, oil etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
It severely impacts those who use the plans, presumably the ones Obama was trying to help.
Most of those people will receive subsidies to cover the rate increase. And of course, they are always free to pursue insurance coverage outside of the exchanges.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Why not reply to the point I made, when replying to my comment? Or can I assume that your silence implies agreement?
If the left though managment overhead was such an insignificant amount of the cost, they wouldnt spend so much time whining about multi million dollar salaries for management.

Furthermore, if that is such a small amount of the cost, going to a single payer system, will not affect the high cost, since the payment insurance companies make, and the government, are on part per ICD10/UCR code....

All you have done is argued AGAINST the government takeover of the system..

Old 10-27-2016, 10:11 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And many more will see price decreases!

It's important to note, only a small percentage of Americans use health insurance plans provided by the 2010 ACA.

HHS states, 20 million people have enrolled in Obamacare since 2010, but there are about 319 million people in the U.S.

This means, less than seven percent of Americans use Obamacare. The rest of the U.S. population is covered by their employer, Medicaid or Medi-Cal or by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

The HHS report encourages those who could be looking at price increases, to shop around for a new plan for 2017. The average premium in 2017 is expected to be about $28 less on average after tax credits, than in 2016- a 20 percent reduction.

Most Americans won't be affected by Obamacare premium increase | ABC10.com
Actually-not true, it effects nearly everyone.

First, it affects the ones not on welfare that actually have to pay for their own insurance. They are forced to pay a higher rate than pre-O-care, for less choice in the insurance they buy and higher deductibles.

Second, it affects every taxpayer that is forced to provide welfare to others that get "subsidies".

Liberals seem to have a real problem with vocabulary. They keep using the term "free". I don't think they have a clue what it means.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Most of those people will receive subsidies to cover the rate increase. And of course, they are always free to pursue insurance coverage outside of the exchanges.
So the insurance company has figured out they can increase their premiums and put the taxpayer on the hook for the increased cost, and the left suddenly thinks thats FANTASTIC..

Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Actually-not true, it effects nearly everyone.

First, it affects the ones not on welfare that actually have to pay for their own insurance. They are forced to pay a higher rate than pre-O-care, for less choice in the insurance they buy and higher deductibles.

Second, it affects every taxpayer that is forced to provide welfare to others that get "subsidies".

Liberals seem to have a real problem with vocabulary. They keep using the term "free". I don't think they have a clue what it means.
We were already providing "welfare." When granny gets a foot amputation and can't foot the bill (no pun intended), who do you think ends up paying for that?

Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So those that don't have ObamaCareNot won't be affected by the price increase. Seriously, and that makes it a winner.

That is probably not actually true. Insurance companies will recover costs from others that are insured with those same companies. Think about it.

Also, doesn't matter. More and more people are becoming uninsured because they can't afford it and who pays for their healthcare when they can't pay? Taxpayer.

Liberals have tunnel vision when they have any at all.
Far from true. They will be paying additional taxes to fund O-care welfare subsidies. Don't fall into the leftist trap.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:16 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If the left though...
Stop spewing random sound bites. If you are replying to my comment, then reply to what I wrote.

Here's your third opportunity.
Quote:
Correct. I don't. All analyses of the industry show that the vast majority of the cost of healthcare is the provision of healthcare services, devices and pharmaceuticals - not the cost of maintaining insurance.

To the extent that the cost of maintaining insurance is an issue for you, we should switch to single-payer. That'll reduce those costs the most. However, still, that's a comparatively insignificant amount of money as compared to the cost of the provision of healthcare services, devices and pharmaceuticals.

Any discussion of reducing costs that focuses on the cost of maintaining insurance is a deflection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All you have done is argued AGAINST the government takeover of the system..
Right now it appears you haven't even read my argument, so I don't think you have any idea what I've argued for or against.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I hear that Trump's own employees would be devastated. lol

Mick
Trump's own property managers contradicted him saying 95-98% are covered by large group plans sponsored by the Trump org.

It was a good soundbite while it lasted, eh.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Stop spewing random sound bites. If you are replying to my comment, then reply to what I wrote.

Here's your third opportunity.
Right now it appears you haven't even read my argument, so I don't think you have any idea what I've argued for or against.
I've replied NUMEROUS times.. its YOU ignoring the response because it doesnt support your left wing agenda that government takeover of the industry will somehow save money, unless of course they are going to ration treatment..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies