Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:42 AM

6,764 posts, read 3,387,652 times

Advertisements

Thought this was interesting. Not right, IMO, and needs to be changed, but good luck with that.

The Gulf countries, the wealthiest states among the Arab world, are among the largest donors to Syrian refugees. But they do not take in refugees to their own countries: None of them officially recognize the legal concept of refugeehood.

This is not a specific issue of hostility to Syrian refugees: The six Gulf monarchies have never signed the international conventions on refugee rights and statelessness, which began to be established after World War II.

Why Aren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 11:01 AM

13,716 posts, read 9,044,544 times
In another, earlier thread on this subject, I pointed out that if one were afoot and seeking safety, said person would probably not choose to head off into the bleak desert to achieve that purpose.

You would have to be crazy as a loon to head towards and through Iraq to try to get to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia. Of course, Iraq has its own problems, not suitable for touring.

Hence, people head for Turkey or for the Mediterranean. Saudi Arabia could even extend an invitation for Syrians to jog on over, but I doubt any would take them up on it.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:29 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,845,466 times
To spread religion & control world by outnumbering other religions. Their only charitable contributions are in third world countries like India, Pakistan where they sponsor religious schools, mosques & scholars to spread the religion. Kind of like Vatican sponsoring churches throughout the world to spread Christianity. Since Europe, USA has been struggling with economy, they have started financing the leaders like Merkel & Hillary in western countries. These leaders are bringing in refugees & will eventually change laws of the land (into Sharia) to make them feel welcome.

Political correctness is the first step & they achieved it successfully. Next to go is democracy, equality, women's rights, religious freedom, banning gays. Europe is already implementing them where they are turning away women being sexually assaulted, financially supporting refugees with multiple wives & ignoring native non-Muslims in favor of refugees (no democracy).

Thats why, please vote for Republicans at EVERY level - local, state, judicial, national. I am NOT against any religion & I believe in equality. Thats what the west & western culture is all about. It does not discriminate against anybody & thats how it is supposed to be. This is the reason I left my third world country & moved here. I should not have more rights than the citizens here because I am an outsider. Hold me to same standards & expect me to put this country before anything else.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:32 PM

15,608 posts, read 15,731,295 times
They don't seem to really have any real sense of community or brotherhood anyway. I always noted that they didn't want Palestinians, either.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:44 PM

39,332 posts, read 27,714,397 times
because they don't want to and they don't have to

Old 10-26-2016, 07:11 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,845,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
They don't seem to really have any real sense of community or brotherhood anyway. I always noted that they didn't want Palestinians, either.
Yes their tribal history is about wars, revenge, anger, eye for an eye. They have generations of enemity going on & wont trust outsiders. No such thing as brotherhood. Its a myth. They hate each other because of minor differences in rituals.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:28 AM

31,165 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Yes their tribal history is about wars, revenge, anger, eye for an eye. They have generations of enemity going on & wont trust outsiders. No such thing as brotherhood. Its a myth. They hate each other because of minor differences in rituals.
Absolutely.

These countries are smart and realize their fellow Muslims from Syria will just bring trouble to their countries. After all who knows Muslims like their brothers?

Funny how predominately Christian, or former Christian countries, as Liberals like to say, are the ones taking in Muslim refugees. Maybe they will give up their Fundamentalist Religious ways when they move here Sounds like cultural suicide to me.

How many Muslim Brothers are invited in to the wealthiest Muslim countries?
Saudi Arabia: 0
Kuwait: 0
Qatar: 0
Bahrain: 0

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/09/world/...ees-countries/

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-27-2016 at 11:12 AM..

Old 10-27-2016, 10:33 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,606,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Thought this was interesting. Not right, IMO, and needs to be changed, but good luck with that.

The Gulf countries, the wealthiest states among the Arab world, are among the largest donors to Syrian refugees. But they do not take in refugees to their own countries: None of them officially recognize the legal concept of refugeehood.

This is not a specific issue of hostility to Syrian refugees: The six Gulf monarchies have never signed the international conventions on refugee rights and statelessness, which began to be established after World War II.

Why Aren
Do countries like Saudi Arabia need anybody to vote for the liberals?

Old 10-27-2016, 10:37 AM

31,165 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Do countries like Saudi Arabia need anybody to vote for the liberals?
Saudi Arabia is full of Liberals. They Liberally funded and sent their version, the truest version of Islam, Wahhabism, to almost every Mosque on every corner of the globe. That is the real reason Fundamentalist Islam has been growing over the last 50 years. Before then, Secular Islam, as was seen in Turkey, Albania, Azerbaijan, Kosovo, and other countries was on the rise. Fundamentalist Islam is growing and is not compatible with the modern world.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-27-2016 at 11:12 AM..

Old 10-27-2016, 11:14 AM

24,606 posts, read 17,350,035 times
Why would anyone who is choosing to uproot his family from danger or for purely economic reasons make a lateral move?

The idea is to make a better easier way for you and your family and the answer is to move into the EU where it is safer and handouts are everywhere.

The same can be said of people who are migrating from South America, Central America and Mexico into the US.

The people who have good jobs and relative safety are not the ones that are migrating. They are the poor.
The leaders in the middle east may recognize this and not want more poor people moving in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies