Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 11:58 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I can't argue with any of your free market ideas.

Yeah - police officers get different rights. I also think with the random danger they are exposed to - they get a some leniency from my perspective. But not to the point where the can just do whatever they want.

And that line of thinking exonerates them from any real scrutiny or accountability. That is why the police should no longer be a public service. Let people vote with their wallets or at least give people the ability to opt out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 12:09 PM

589 posts, read 390,782 times
OP sounds like an EST. Republican.

The black's worst enemy is the liberal African American man. aka Jackson, Sharpton, Cosby(lol), Van Jones.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-28-2016 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 12:25 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And that line of thinking exonerates them from any real scrutiny or accountability. That is why the police should no longer be a public service. Let people vote with their wallets or at least give people the ability to opt out.
I am not opposed to real scrutiny if the circumstances warrant.

We have an activist down here... Quanell X - New Black Panther Party. To his credit - he took up the challenge and went through the police training, and totally changed his tune on the police.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:28 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
At some point you have to put the fear aside... you have to put the rhetoric aside.

How is HRC going to improve your existence? How is Trump going to improve your existence?

I am hearing a lot more positives and policy positions from Trump than HRC. What good is voting for the first woman president if your health care is not affordable? Or if you can't get a job because companies keep leaving the country?
Who says I have to vote for either. There are other candidates.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:35 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who says I have to vote for either. There are other candidates.
Exactly. I didn't vote for either one and many people that I know personally are following suit.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Obama's 1/2 brother supports Trump. Because he doesn't believe in the blame game. He believes what makes this country great is getting rid of big government. Now black communities have depended on big government which is the wrong thing to do because it will keep blacks forever disenfranchised from others that don't rely on government intervention.

China mints more millionaires than America does, how? Because people can start their own business there without so much regulations and politics. And they don't have any minority small business programs to help. Everyone start at the bottom and work their way up in China.

In America, you start at the bottom and stay at the bottom because you depend on the government to take care of you and when they don't give enough you blame them and whites for suppressing you. Blame the system, when you enable government intervention this is what you get.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
I am not opposed to real scrutiny if the circumstances warrant.

We have an activist down here... Quanell X - New Black Panther Party. To his credit - he took up the challenge and went through the police training, and totally changed his tune on the police.
He was "police for a day" he didn't take any police training. And I've seen this propaganda video. Basically what it's say is that an untrained officer will make the same mistakes "trained" officers make.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
OP sounds like an EST. Republican.

The black's worst enemy is the liberal African American man. aka Jackson, Sharpton, Cosby(lol), Van Jones.
Bill COsby was the Conservative black Hero and year and half ago, now yall want to call him liberal because he is a rapist. You dont get to rewrite history here.

Also, neither Sharpton or Jackson are liberal, both are homophobes.

Van Jones is the only person who was squarely on the left side of the political spectrum, and your best argument against him is that you dont like liberals.

But none of that explains how a liberal black man is a black person's worse enemy.

How many black male Senators have there been, 8 out of 1,294.

How many black men have served in the House of reps, 102 out of 10,178

And not even all of those could be called liberal.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:50 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The bold is what scares me. I'm not one of those "I'm Black and I'm proud" kind of Blacks. I just want to make sure we don't end up a step back. I keep hearing "make America great again". When I hear that, this is how it translates to me. The time when America was "great", Blacks didn't have it that great. Granted, Blacks still do worse than everyone else. However, "Make America Great Again" makes the assumption that America isn't great anymore. Being Black, I think "This is the greatest America has ever been for a Black person".

The Black middle class and upper class have grown since the 1960s. Yes, the inner city neighborhoods are nightmares to live in. This has been the case since the 1950s and before. In fact, the uptick in out of wedlock births in the Black population started BEFORE the Great Society took hold. Patrick Moynihan wrote about it. Something else. Black on Black murder has often been ignored. I don't recall it ever been reported in the papers. As long as it was just Black on Black, few cared.

I have thought about leaving the country. This sentiment has been with me since I was a teenager. Part of it comes from reading National Geographic. I have thought that perhaps I might do well or even better elsewhere. I tried to get a work visa to go to Canada a few years ago. Well, I have a job now. Right now, I don't know what I will do. A big part of me thinks "I'm not going anywhere. Can't go anywhere. Not in a position to do so, not really practical".
Yep.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Obama's 1/2 brother supports Trump. Because he doesn't believe in the blame game. He believes what makes this country great is getting rid of big government. Now black communities have depended on big government which is the wrong thing to do because it will keep blacks forever disenfranchised from others that don't rely on government intervention.

China mints more millionaires than America does, how? Because people can start their own business there without so much regulations and politics. And they don't have any minority small business programs to help. Everyone start at the bottom and work their way up in China.

In America, you start at the bottom and stay at the bottom because you depend on the government to take care of you and when they don't give enough you blame them and whites for suppressing you. Blame the system, when you enable government intervention this is what you get.

1. Big government is abstract, you need to define what that actually means

2. the U.S. has 15,656,000 millionaires. China has 1,333,000 millionaires. Who told you china "mints" more millionaires ?????

3. By your own logic, whining is on the individual, not the government. And China's system just as easily allows people to fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies