Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:27 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
I understand everyone's opinion. But what actually would happen procedurally?

I believe she can still be elected and it will fall on Obama to pardon or not, correct?
lunetunelover said it correctly. If she was indicted, she could still be elected and still take office. Obama wouldn't have anything to do with it. If the Republicans still control the House, they may initiate impeachment proceedings. This is not likely to be successful. The trial takes place in the Senate, and requires two-thirds majority to convict. Only if she was very clearly guilty of "treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors" could she be forced from office, in which case Kaine would assume the Presidency.
This would be a dream scenario for me. Because I could never vote for Trump, but I don't exactly feel good about voting for Clinton either. If the end result is President Kaine it will all be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 01:28 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
As usual, announced on on a Friday afternoon.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:31 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
She needs to be jailed until the indictment is settled.

Could take years to parse the evidence.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:32 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Maybe someone has her 'personal' emails?
I wouldn't mind seeing her and her cronies in full panic mode. Could only imagine the spin they are going to try and put on it.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:38 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
If Trump shoots somebody on 5th ave. he will not lose any votes.

If Hillary shoots Trump, intelligent voters still won't vote for Trump and automatic win for her.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:41 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
lunetunelover said it correctly. If she was indicted, she could still be elected and still take office. Obama wouldn't have anything to do with it. If the Republicans still control the House, they may initiate impeachment proceedings. This is not likely to be successful. The trial takes place in the Senate, and requires two-thirds majority to convict. Only if she was very clearly guilty of "treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors" could she be forced from office, in which case Kaine would assume the Presidency.
If there is very obviously a criminal sitting President and the Congress refuses to remove her, there are only two options left:

1) a military coup that overthrows the entire government

2) civil war

Old 10-28-2016, 01:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
All simply nonsense. There is no possibility of her being indicted. Any AG at this point will kick the can to the next administration in the very unlikely event a smoking gun was uncovered. But short of a leak of US strategy to Putin or such almost nothing would rise to the level of a smoking gun.

The damage is of a PR sort. Lets Trump work the issue to the election. No place near enough damage to change anything.

Continues to shows the damage of the stupid decision to use the private server. Also shows Comey is no friend to Clinton. Openiing this up with no resolution in sight is a deliberate political decision to harm Clinton.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This would be a dream scenario for me. Because I could never vote for Trump, but I don't exactly feel good about voting for Clinton either. If the end result is President Kaine it will all be worth it.
while i dont like his politics, i wouldnt mind tim kaine being president, in fact i would prefer him over hitlery.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:31 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If there is very obviously a criminal sitting President and the Congress refuses to remove her, there are only two options left:

1) a military coup that overthrows the entire government

2) civil war
Yeah and I'd venture to guess a lot of our past sitting presidents acted criminally. Just didn't get pressured.

Politicians are generally a rung lower than criminals, only because generally there is honor among thieves.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:58 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
And she still wins. AND Obama doesn't pardon....then Kaine because president?

I know this is going to be soiled with "lock her up" and other sexist slogans, but let's try to keep it factual.

Joe Biden is kicking himself right now, LOL. I always loved Joe Biden but voted Hillary because Sanders was WAAAY to left for me, I like moderates to get things done.
Drunk, senile, pedophile, old uncle Joe was never a serious candidate, obama only picked him as VP because he needed a stooge with lots of years of service, and who would never be a threat to corrupt obama.
Joe was/is the perfect stooge, he is one of those guys you worked with that happened to hang around long enough and be in the right place at the right time. He has always been a buffoon.
Unfortunately, if crooked hillary would happen to win, she could pardon herself, so she would remain president for the few remaining months of her life. After the old bat crocks, then Kaine would take over.
Should she win and pardon herself, she would have a tough row to hoe trying to run the country with a criminal conviction on her record.
One possibility would be that the FBI would yank her security clearance and then she couldn't see any security briefing, rendering her unable to serve.. The FBI has already voted to yank her clearance, but Comey vetoed it, at that time. Maybe not next time??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies