Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:39 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Just look back at history; J Edgar Hoover and his witch hunts in the 1960's; the Iran-Contra disaster under Reagan; the FBI director position has always been highly political. It's a dangerous matter because the President more or less hands him the mantle of authority, and he has a lot of potential for abuse of power. So no, Comey is not going to resign, he's angling for a position in a future Republican administration.
He certainly is. He's positioning himself to serve under Giuliani (AGAIN). This is 99% partisan politics on Comey's part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 07:44 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Why are Dems melting down here? NYPD found the state department emails on Weiner's laptop and did the right thing. Comey was required to supplement his testimony. Clinton knows very well what's in those tens of thousands of emails and so does Huma.

What I'd be more concerned about if I were in your shoes is Weiner has announced that he is "ready to talk." If this were happening to a Republican, I would expect the same investigation to take place.

Take it easy. What's going to happen is going to happen--it's not Wikileaks or the Republicans sabotaging Clinton's campaign. If she suffers any drop in the polls, she did that all herself. Interesting that Trump predicted Weiner talking about this some time ago.

Nice spin, I have not observed any "Dems melting down here". Very dramatic. I do see a lot of people with critical thinking skills that are questioning the timing of this announcement and the obvious partisan leanings of this FBI director. That position has always been prone to cronyism and dirty tricks. Comey knows he will score points big time with any future Republican administration if he can sway the election, or at least make it appear that he is playing ball.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:52 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Now the liberals are saying " How dare Comey do his job?" The guy was forced to give Hillary up.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:54 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
This thread is hilariously delusional.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:04 AM

599 posts, read 401,648 times
I bet if Clinton wins he will immediately resign though if Trump wins he might just saw on as part of me thinks he had this planned the whole time just to stick it to Hillary Clinton as close as possible to the election.

Everyone here on how the Justice Department warned him about doing this so close to the election? In my opinion it looks like the FBI is the only government agency with some actual integrity.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:17 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
He certainly is. He's positioning himself to serve under Giuliani (AGAIN). This is 99% partisan politics on Comey's part.
Hillary brought this on herself.

She should have never sent classified information with her private email/server.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:44 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times
A former FBI official said Sunday that Bill and Hillary Clinton are part of a “crime family” and argued top officials hindered the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server while she was secretary of State.

During a radio interview with John Catsimatidis, former assistant FBI director James Kallstrom heaped praise on Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump before taking aim at the Clintons.

“The Clintons, that’s a crime family, basically,” Kallstrom said. “It’s like organized crime. I mean the Clinton Foundation is a cesspool.”
Kallstrom, best known for leading the investigation into the explosion of TWA flight 800 in the late '90s, said that Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, was a “pathological liar.”

He also blasted Attorney General Loretta Lynch, claiming that she impeded the investigation into Clinton’s private server.

“The problem here is this investigation was never a real investigation,” he said. “That’s the problem. They never had a grand jury empanelled, and the reason they never had a grand jury empanelled, I’m sure, is Loretta Lynch would not go along with that.”

“God forbid we put someone like that in the White House,” he added of Clinton.

Kallstrom also said that FBI Director James Comey and the rest of the FBI’s leadership were responsible for holding back the investigation, not the rest of the bureau.

“The agents are furious with what’s going on, I know that for a fact,” he said.

Ex-FBI official: Clintons are a 'crime family' | TheHill

Old 10-30-2016, 09:06 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Right-wingernuts don't understand this concept. Breitbart Drudge Faux Newz is their source then they come running here to parrot them. For them to insult you like that is pure trolling.

I give Comey credit. He's supposed to be apolitical and has found himself between a rock and a hard place. I think he's honestly trying to be fair to both sides.
"Right-wingernuts"

You resort to childish name calling and expect to taken serious.

Ain't gonna happen.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:08 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
CNN legal analyst Paul Callan believes that Comey has improperly inserted himself into the presidential election, and has violated FBI policy.

Even J. Edgar Hoover knew better!

"The decision to commence or terminate a criminal investigation by the FBI is rarely disclosed. In the case of high-profile political figures such as presidential candidates, the process normally requires that an FBI "recommendation" based on the evidence it has gathered must be forwarded to the Justice Department, where a career, nonpolitical unit reviews the matter, making a recommendation to the attorney general, who makes the final decision."

Callan: It's time for FBI director Comey to go - CNN.com

Because he is not following the corrupt, criminal orders of the DOJ and the Clintons?

Remember when the rule of law, rather than "enlightened" totalitarians, presided over the nation?

Old 10-30-2016, 09:17 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
You should visit a real "banana republic", so you understand the terms you are trying to exploit.

Your rhetoric is breathless hyperbole. And you are a hypocrite if you are singling out the Democrats as the "party of elites". BOTH parties are run by, and financed by elites. If you think any of this just started with Hillary, then you are dangerously naive.

I'm starting to understand why Hamilton distrusted the "mob" of democracy. You will bite off your own foot to save your leg.

Trump and his Cult are not revolutionary. They are reactionary. Study and learn the difference.
You are pushing us towards a Banana Republic.

The media advocates Hillary and pulls punches.

Hillary breaks the law, bleachbits subpoenaed emails and there is supposedly "no intent."

The current administration pulls influence for Hillary.

We are becoming a Banana Republic. The party of the 0.00001% political elites are fine with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies