Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 05:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
You ought to see the LA Times! The whole paper, if you can call it that , is nothing but a attack on Trump and has been for months.
They're completely bonkers now, if he should win I can't imagine the insanity.
Washington post makes them look like trump fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 10:38 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Plus, he created the birther movement against Obama ....
trump didn't jump on the birther crazy train till 2011, long after it's origins in 2008.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

I'm going to keep saying this: Men in this country could say anything, and the women WILL believe them. Men could resurrect their old claims that Earth is flat, that smoking cigarettes is harmless, that bloodletting is sound medicine, that breastmilk is bad for babies, that evolution is a fallacy, that masturbation causes blindness -- you name it -- and American women will grab it, hook, line, and sinker, and run with it. They quickly become fervent believers of whatever men tell them, no matter how illogical. History tells us how easy it is for American men to persuade women to help burn other women at the stake.

The well-trained American woman.

Because, when it gets right down to it, they need a d***ing every now and then. So they go along with it, for the security a man provides.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:07 AM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I judge a man, by his enemies.....
Good point!

Old 10-31-2016, 09:18 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
At times I feel like we're all living in the twilight zone. Trump fans are "cultish" imo. Then I remember that the Kardashian's are American royalty.

Interesting. Yet, all I see in the news are HRC supporters stealing signs, blocking rally's, some becoming violent, etc....

Old 10-31-2016, 10:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The guy gets 3-4 hours of sleep a night, puts on his cape and draws an S on his chest. Then runs back and forth across the nation making 3-4-5 stops and speaking for an hour or more, with a stop in the middle to open his new Hotel. Damn, I'm exhausted just thinking about it and the guy has 20 years on me and I'm in pretty damn good shape. The guy is super-natural!

Old 10-31-2016, 11:07 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
And this is why we needed a Trump at this moment. The more orthodox Republican politicians can NEVER withstand the cold,hard realities of American politics, 2016. Sad but true. (Even President George W. Bush got fewer votes than his opponent in 2000, and had we not been in two wars which were going fairly well at the time of the 2004 election, he probably would have lost that one). In the last 75 years, Reagan is the only one who could actually "triumph" over the Establishment, the media, the Dems, etc. (If you consider that Ike was an apolitical war hero then you can actually go back to 1928 as the last time that the "political lay of the land" was at least somewhat favorable to a Republican nominee). Nixon and Bush Sr. succeeded briefly, but in the end, they went DOWN IN FLAMES.
This fact is about Trump is huge. Many of us recognized that Trump has major downsides, but also several huge upsides. And this is one of them. Attacks against him seem to have a reverse effect. So he can at least win.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:17 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
No matter what your feelings are toward Trump. You have to admit the man is a wonder. He's been attacked relentlessly by the media like no other candidate before him. Attacked by both the Dems and the Reps establishment. Attacked by Hollywood and the global elites. They've thrown everything at the man including the kitchen sink. And yet he's still standing and probably will be the next president USA. The man is truly an American phenomena and my hero!
Oh please!

Old 10-31-2016, 11:51 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Trump has been a media darling and a reality star. He already had a public that supported him. Plus, he created the birther movement against Obama and amassed a cult following. He started his politics then. All of this was a plan, a very well executed plan.

Americans have become so disappointed with politics and the right fueled this disappointment. He is just riding that wave into power. His followers would rather have a Hollywood reality star who says what they want to hear, someone who plays along with what they want (sure I'll be a conservative Christian now! Sure I am against abortion! All liberals lie! The border blah, blah, blah. Muslims blah...blah.. blah...) Instead of any politician.

And let me add, the right's hatred for all things Clinton helped.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:06 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
And let me add, the right's hatred for all things Clinton helped.
Not sure of your point here.....I don't hate the Clintons but she is an awfully, awfully weak candidate. And there's barely an ounce of character, sharpness or imagination in her......never has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies