Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 03:50 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,331,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, I'm going to go through all those emails simply because YOU can't keep up. Or more to the point, want to ignore them. I guess you've read no news on the topic.

Another uninformed voter.

I've read them. There isn't anything there but gossip.

If you feel differently you should be able to post them. You have read them after all so you should know what to search for.

We'll wait. Go get these smoking gun emails that prove all the crazy crap you idiots are spreading.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is a lot easier to skim some headlines and nod your head about stuff you want to believe is true than to challenge your beliefs. See if you can handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 03:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I've read them. There isn't anything there but gossip.

If you feel differently you should be able to post them. You have read them after all so you should know what to search for.

We'll wait. Go get these smoking gun emails that prove all the crazy crap you idiots are spreading.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is a lot easier to skim some headlines and nod your head about stuff you want to believe is true than to challenge your beliefs. See if you can handle it.

So you read them but either didn't understand them or didn't care.

No surprise there. As long as you get your Democrat elected, it doesn't matter what they do.

Old 10-31-2016, 03:59 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,623,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Sadly I'm not shocked to hear that but I'm shocked that nobody stopped them in the past. How is that even possible!

Old 10-31-2016, 04:01 PM

You're making the claims, so go get the emails. Should be easy. Here I'll get you started:

https://www.google.com/

Now don't puss out on us. You make all these extraordinary claims of corruption. After 30 years of investigations there certainly must be some proof. I mean you wouldn't want to pull a McCarthy and make it all up just to try and politically damage people you don't like. You're obviously too smart to fall for that.

Set aside your cognitive dissonance and start searching!

Old 10-31-2016, 05:10 PM

The fact that you say, "It was just gossip" shows you didn't read them or cannot comprehend what they said.

I'll make it easy for you. Here's an article that explains things, which I'm sure you'll say isn't credible or there's no proof or it's just gossip, or whatever moronic thing makes sense in your little mind.

Hillary Clinton Corruption: Foundation Was the Key | National Review

Quote:
Mrs. Clinton appears to have converted the office of secretary of state into a racketeering enterprise. This would be a violation of the RICO law — the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act of 1971 (codified in the U.S. penal code at sections 1961 et seq.).

Hillary and her husband, former president Bill Clinton, operated the Clinton Foundation. Ostensibly a charity, the foundation was a de facto fraud scheme to monetize Hillary’s power as secretary of state (among other aspects of the Clintons’ political influence). The scheme involved (a) the exchange of political favors, access, and influence for millions of dollars in donations; (b) the circumvention of campaign-finance laws that prohibit political donations by foreign sources; (c) a vehicle for Mrs. Clinton to shield her State Department e-mail communications from public and congressional scrutiny while she and her husband exploited the fundraising potential of her position; and (d) a means for Clinton insiders to receive private-sector compensation and explore lucrative employment opportunities while drawing taxpayer-funded government salaries.

While the foundation did perform some charitable work, this camouflaged the fact that contributions were substantially diverted to pay lavish salaries and underwrite luxury travel for Clinton insiders. Contributions skyrocketed to $126 million in 2009, the year Mrs. Clinton arrived at Foggy Bottom. Breathtaking sums were “donated” by high-rollers and foreign governments that had crucial business before the State Department. Along with those staggering donations came a spike in speaking opportunities and fees for Bill Clinton. Of course, disproportionate payments and gifts to a spouse are common ways of bribing public officials — which is why, for example, high-ranking government officeholders must reveal their spouses’ income and other asset information on their financial-disclosure forms.

While there are other egregious transactions, the most notorious corruption episode of Secretary Clinton’s tenure involves the State Department’s approval of a deal that surrendered fully one-fifth of the United States’ uranium-mining capacity to Vladimir Putin’s anti-American thugocracy in Russia.

In a nutshell, in 2005, under the guise of addressing the incidence of HIV/AIDS in Kazakhstan (where the disease is nearly nonexistent), Bill Clinton helped his Canadian billionaire pal Frank Giustra to convince the ruling despot, Nursultan Nazarbayev (an infamous torturer and human-rights violator), to grant coveted uranium-mining rights to Giustra’s company, Ur-Asia Energy (notwithstanding that it had no background in the highly competitive uranium business). Uranium is a key component of nuclear power, from which the United States derives 20 percent of its total electrical power.

In the months that followed, Giustra gave an astonishing $31.3 million to the Clinton Foundation and pledged $100 million more. With the Kazakh rights secured, Ur-Asia was able to expand its holdings and attract new investors, like Ian Telfer, who also donated $2.35 million to the Clinton Foundation. Ur-Asia merged with Uranium One, a South African company, in a $3.5 billion deal — with Telfer becoming Uranium One’s chairman. The new company proceeded to buy up major uranium assets in the United States.

Under RICO, an “enterprise” can be any association of people, informal or formal, illegitimate or legitimate — it could be a Mafia family, an ostensibly charitable foundation, or a department of government. It is a racketeering enterprise if its affairs are conducted through “a pattern of racketeering activity.” A “pattern” means merely two or more violations of federal or state law; these violations constitute “racketeering activity” if they are included among the extensive list of felonies laid out in the statute.

Significantly for present purposes, the listed felonies include bribery, fraud, and obstruction of justice. Fraud encompasses both schemes to raise money on misleading pretexts (e.g., a charitable foundation that camouflages illegal political payoffs) and schemes to deprive Americans of their right to the honest services of a public official (e.g., quid pro quo arrangements in which official acts are performed in exchange for money). Both fraud and obstruction can be proved by false statements — whether they are public proclamations (e.g., “I turned over all work-related e-mails to the State Department”) or lies to government officials (e.g., concealing “charitable” donations from foreign sources after promising to disclose them, or claiming not to know that the “(C)” symbol in a government document means it is classified at the confidential level).
Pay for play, bribery, fraud, perjury, obstruction of justice, etc.

She's a felon.

Go ahead and call it gossip though, it only proves my point about the fanboys and girls racing from one thread to another, posting feverishly in an effort to earn their pay or something.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:25 PM

Here is most of the trash you regurgitated debunked. With actual sources listed and not just a bunch of bullcrap without any documentation.

A False ‘Corruption’ Claim

I notice you didn't provide any emails though.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:31 PM

You are ridiculous. What Trump said has nothing to do with what really happened. Trump is a damn idiot. The article I link to has to do with facts, not Trump or anything someone said.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Putin, I think, is about 5'6-5'7, so not a dwarf.
Well, maybe not a dwarf.

But definitely dwarfish.

Quote:
Look up what a dwarf is.
Look for yourself.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You are ridiculous. What Trump said has nothing to do with what really happened. Trump is a damn idiot. The article I link to has to do with facts, not Trump or anything someone said.
Considering Trump was discussing many of the points made in your article it is entirely relevant.

Naturally you didn't read a damn thing or your reading comprehension is poor.

Now, instead of moving the goal posts, try and follow through. Go get some of these damning emails please. While you search you can scream Benghazi! to fuel your rage.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Considering Trump was discussing many of the points made in your article it is entirely relevant.

Naturally you didn't read a damn thing or your reading comprehension is poor.

Now, instead of moving the goal posts, try and follow through. Go get some of these damning emails please. While you search you can scream Benghazi! to fuel your rage.

Someone like you suddenly shows up in the Politics forum a week before the election, frantically posting and then acting like you don't have an agenda.

More transparent than the current administration!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies