Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 10:50 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, you pretty much laid your position out there, right down to the thread's title. First, I don't think most of those women who are in favor of abortion rights are thinking that abortion gives them a free pass for unfettered sex. I am glad that you took time to point out that there are women who view sex as the most important thing in their lives. That sounds like it could be a double standard. Let me think... I wonder if there are any men, particularly men between the ages of 18-30 who have that mindset. Wait a second... one of those men would have included me, age 18-30.

But let's get back to Trump and Slick Willie. There are similarities in their thought processes regarding sex. A lot of their perceived differences has to do with how they managed their sexual appetites. The way Trump has managed his kind of reminds one of Larry Flynt in his younger days. Slick Willie pulls it off (no pun intended) in more of a Warren Beatty manner. Neither is exactly the epitome of high dignity, but there are subtle differences.
Of COURSE some women think that, and they are correct: if you have sex and accidentally (or semi-accidentally) get pregnant, you need not keep the child. You can just have an abortion, then go back to having unfettered sex.

As for a double standard, men can't become pregnant. The issues are different for them as a result. Men can just take off (and often do).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 10:52 AM

98 posts, read 145,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
but not guys like Trump......

It's simple. Whenever a guy like Bill Clinton does something offensive towards women, they are not going to get hammered by most women (witness his whole career). That's because he's in favor of abortion.
Ever since women's liberation, when it became "okay" for women to engage in unfettered sex, they have needed abortion as an option (dude doesn't always wrap it). In fact, unfettered sex has become pretty much the most important thing in many women's lives.
So as long as you say you'll protect THAT "right", you can get away with anything.
I'm surprised that people even responded to you because this is such an idiotic point of view. Women like to have sex and need abortions to get out of being irresponsible? How out of touch with life are you?

Old 10-31-2016, 10:53 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Bill did all his dirty deeds privately and didn't/doesn't boast about them.

He also has never spoken in a sexual manner about his daughter or any young female in public and knows how to keep his mouth shut.

That said. What Bill did IMO has no bearing on his wife. I can support Hillary Clinton without thinking anything about her husband just like many people support male candidates without thinking anything of their spouse either.

Hillary said the Bill will have a major part in her administration. What he has done and continues to do IS important.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No...

I think it has more to do with Clinton appearing more cultured, suave, educated, and sophisticated and Trump appearing like your rumpled-clothed drunk uncle you found passed out behind the dumpster.

Can't stand either of them, but they have vastly different public images.
You give the primal aspect short shrift.
Always go for the obvious.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:54 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
but not guys like Trump......

It's simple. Whenever a guy like Bill Clinton does something offensive towards women, they are not going to get hammered by most women (witness his whole career). That's because he's in favor of abortion.
Ever since women's liberation, when it became "okay" for women to engage in unfettered sex, they have needed abortion as an option (dude doesn't always wrap it). In fact, unfettered sex has become pretty much the most important thing in many women's lives.
So as long as you say you'll protect THAT "right", you can get away with anything.
Wow! I admire your ability to twist this issue into one of what is coarsely referred to as **** shaming. You are a real gem.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
I don't know that guys like Clinton get a pass - after all, he paid almost a million dollars to one of the women he raped to make her go away. It's more that the media has such a vested interest in the policies he advocates for that they are actively willing to squelch bad information about him while promoting false information about his wife's opponent.
Oh, he got a pass, all right. If the women's organizations and leftist groups had not rallied around him in the 1990s, he would have been toast....

Old 10-31-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Millionaire7 View Post
I'm surprised that people even responded to you because this is such an idiotic point of view. Women like to have sex and need abortions to get out of being irresponsible? How out of touch with life are you?
Alot of women are really, really into unfettered sex (which they were not allowed to do 50 -100 years ago). As in, not fettered by a resultant baby.
How out of touch are YOU????

Old 10-31-2016, 10:58 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Oh, he got a pass, all right. If the women's organizations and leftist groups had not rallied around him in the 1990s, he would have been toast....
Oh, I see; it's women's fault when men misbehave!

You can't seriously believe that.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:00 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
how a woman conducts her sex life, if she takes an unintended pregnancy to term has nothing to do with her political views. plenty of Christian and conservative women have lots of sex and abort.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wow! I admire your ability to twist this issue into one of what is coarsely referred to as **** shaming. You are a real gem.
Well if YOU valued unfettered sex as much as some women do, then YOU would be for the pro-abortion politician, too. (However, assuming you are a male, you probably would find it hard to relate to women's sense of urgency that abortion be protected. Men can't get pregnant.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies