Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 01:36 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHTMAllDayLong View Post
I will be purchasing a gun if Trump ISN'T elected.
Well if Clinton is elected I would suggest also purchasing a sombrero and possibly a Rosetta Stone Spanish program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 01:38 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Police: 2 Iowa officers killed in 2 ambush-style attacks

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Two Des Moines area police officers were shot to death early Wednesday in ambush-style attacks while they were sitting in their patrol cars, and police are searching for suspects, authorities said.

The shootings follow a spate of police killings, including ambushes of officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Five officers were killed in Dallas on July 7 and three were killed later that month in Baton Rouge.

"There is a clear and present danger to police officers," Parizek said

These men were shot in two different locations in their police cars. Someone is executing them just for being police officers.

The anti-police rhetoric and violence by BLM and others must stop.

Shakes my head.

Rest in peace to the officers.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:39 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
A psychopath who believed he was entitled to wave a confederate flag around at a high school football game to attack a peaceful demonstration acknowledging racial inequality in our country and demand that those peacefully demonstrating via a choice not to rise for the National Anthem be arrested.

The irony of course is that this staunch defender of American rights was of course waving around the flag of an entity that had proclaimed itself to be a separate sovereign nation engaged in battle AGAINST the United States.

But in any case, I think that Trump has created an environment where people believe that they have the right to demand that those who have a different opinion about out country be harassed and arrested. That is why I think this action is pertinent to his campaign and the vitriol he spews at his rallies.

I don't know, to me, that environment exists in the heads of these sickos and if Trump wasn't there it would just manifest itself in some other way. I just see assassination as being a whole different thing than mere political mud-slinging.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Shakes my head.

Rest in peace to the officers.
I agree. This nonsense has to stop right now. LEO are our last line of defense in a civilized society. Just out and out murdering of police should be a separate hate crime type deal where they really throw the book at you. Maybe it's already that way, IDK.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

But in any case, I think that Trump has created an environment where people believe that they have the right to demand that those who have a different opinion about out country be harassed and arrested......
Opps....

Making broad based negative generalizations about millions of people that you don't know, never met nor had any dealings with. You demonstrate the same qualities as those you accuse.

But you are entitled to opinion as long as you don't try to present it as fact.

Now here's a real fact.....

Trump had nothing to do with this. Case closed.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Opps....

Making broad based negative generalizations about millions of people that you don't know, never met nor had any dealings with. You demonstrate the same qualities as those you accuse.

But you are entitled to opinion as long as you don't try to present it as fact.
You mean like making broad based negative generalizations about 11,000,000 illegal immigrants that the man making the statements doesn't know, never met? Like that?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
The liars would be the people saying he won't correct it, because the reporter who tweeted did post an update 2 hours ago acknowledging it was the mother's house but I hadn't seen that.

http://twitter.com/GrantMRodgers/sta...65865422839808

However, based on what else his known about this person and his family, I still believe him to be a Trump supporter and have seen zero evidence to the contrary.

Scott Michael Greene: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
The people who are trying to explain to him that the sign is in the neigbor's yard aren't lying.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:47 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
There are loons on both sides of the aisle. But you know that. So stop being obtuse, and put a sock in it.

Rest in peace to Officers Justin Martin and Officer Anthony Beminio.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean like making broad based negative generalizations about 11,000,000 illegal immigrants that the man making the statements doesn't know, never met? Like that?
Dear, they are here illegally.

Illegal means breaking the law. You even used the word.

That is a fact.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
There are loons on both sides of the aisle. But you know that. So stop being obtuse, and put a sock in it.

Rest in peace to Officers Justin Martin and Officer Anthony Beminio.
And may their killer have a short trip to an injection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies