Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:58 PM

6,248 posts, read 5,040,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans are the ones at war with Christianity.

Jesus told us to help the poor, heal the sick, love everyone, and avoid war. But republicans oppose welfare, oppose high min wages, and oppose healthcare for all. Republicans also hate South Americans, Muslims, and gay people. And republicans are always quick to go to war.

Republicans also support supply side economics (tax cuts for the rich), and this totally ignores the camel parable.

The only Christian thing republicans do is oppose abortion (and they only do that to get the radical Christian vote.)
Yeah but we love our big gas guzzling, ozone killing, trucks. And our big guns. And our small guns. We love the deer heads on our walls, the Bibles on our nightstands, and Jack Daniels. Our women love men in tight jeans. Our men love women in tight jeans. We love our country and our military and our cops. And we know which damned bathroom to use when we have to pee.

We hate bunny kissers, boot lickers, tree huggers, safe spaces seekers, grovelers, snivelers, and whiners. You fall somewhere in that list. So shut up and have a big ole mug of hot chocolate.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 09:00 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,251,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Jesus would have been a "liberal"...
Maybe maybe not, but he would not have been a Regressive Leftist or an SJW. It took the Coddled Generation to breed that.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,494,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans are the ones at war with Christianity.

Jesus told us to help the poor, heal the sick, love everyone, and avoid war. But republicans oppose welfare, oppose high min wages, and oppose healthcare for all. Republicans also hate South Americans, Muslims, and gay people. And republicans are always quick to go to war.

Republicans also support supply side economics (tax cuts for the rich), and this totally ignores the camel parable.

The only Christian thing republicans do is oppose abortion (and they only do that to get the radical Christian vote.)
This is what the talking heads always say, but the Republicans I know feel very differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
People can rail all they want against 'feminazis' and liberals, but it doesn't change the fact that sexual violence against women in college is a very serious problem.

Just recently it was found that the sexual assault scandal at Baylor was actually far worse tan originally thought.

There's story after story of colleges treating the victims of sexual assault as a joke. In many cases the victims of rape are treated as if it was their fault.
These are separate issues. You don't go after an entire group due to the insensitivity of some. Not to mention, how does educating students help inform those in charge who are dealing with these victims? It does nothing to eliminate that specific problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
does this mean I will be forced to shave all my chest hair?
And your legs and underarms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed. My son is also an adult, and was raised much as I was. To be a gentleman.

As an aside, I was raised with a certain motto ingrained into me, which I also imparted to my son. A creedo that defines the males of my family. "It is not sufficient, in and of itself, that one be merely a Man. One must also be a Gentleman." The original version says "merely an officer" and is where the term "An officer and a Gentleman" came from. It was said by John Paul Jones. I'm seriously praying that I need not have to tell anyone who he was.
My sons, as well. They always left parties to walk girls home if they were alone when they were in college.

And of course you don't have to tell ME who John Paul Jones is. I'm a BIG Led Zeppelin fan!

Old 11-02-2016, 09:15 PM

31,896 posts, read 14,881,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Majors like gender studies, art history, archaeology, anthropology, etc., prepare the young graduate for a successful career driving a taxi, as they provide a wealth of conversational material to chat with your fare, and get a good tip.

Someone needs to major in these fields otherwise they would be lost to us because no one would know anything about it. My brother in law was a paleontologist. Do you think he drove a taxi. Hardly

Old 11-02-2016, 09:53 PM

18,132 posts, read 15,542,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is what the talking heads always say, but the Republicans I know feel very differently.

These are separate issues. You don't go after an entire group due to the insensitivity of some. Not to mention, how does educating students help inform those in charge who are dealing with these victims? It does nothing to eliminate that specific problem.

And your legs and underarms.

My sons, as well. They always left parties to walk girls home if they were alone when they were in college.

And of course you don't have to tell ME who John Paul Jones is. I'm a BIG Led Zeppelin fan!

Yes. Truly women are the Stairway to Heaven. LOL. My son is very much like me, in that he doesn't like his lady going out alone. Grocery shopping and such, especially after dark. I am the same way. If my lady isn't going somewhere with a friend or some such, especially after dark, I go with her. We reside in an urban area now, not small town/ruralville. My lady was attacked in the parking lot at her work,she worked graves and was coming home early. I can't, won't let her go out alone. This also effected my son the same way. We are protective, vehemently so, of the women we love. If that's "Toxic", well sue me.

As to this being some sort of Dem/Pub thing, that's just plain silly. These "gender neutrality" goat heads may identify with one party or the other, but that's not at the core of their agenda. Truthfully, I can't even begin to postulate where that core might lie. A possible theory might be in some wild SciFi novel that relates of a time in human evolution where gender has been eliminated, or such is the way of things on some alien world, hundreds of light years distant, and they thought it sounded like a good idea. Perhaps they idolize Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

On the subject of the problem of campus rape, well, rape isn't just a campus problem. But as you said, that issue has no bearing on the subject at hand. It is quite a separate thing.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,814,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Because of the characteristics in bold, Jesus would have been a "liberal" in His time period. He wanted women treated well, the poor treated well, the sinners forgiven. Yes, he and his followers had manly jobs (at that time women probably weren't allowed to do much anyway). It wasn't their muscles or their jobs - it was what was in their hearts. See?
No he was not anything like a liberal today. Jesus was not really political but if we're going to create political analogies he would be more like a libertarian or populist resisting the monopoly of power the Sadducees (conservatives) and especially the Pharisees (liberals) had and opposed him so much.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:42 AM

36,857 posts, read 17,253,023 times
I was born too late.

With all these millennial guys running around looking for their safe spaces I could have got much more tail in my youth for just being a regular guy.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:40 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,185,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Universities across the nation are taking steps to actively purge male students of what’s been labeled “toxic masculinity.”

Examples abound of campuses hosting training sessions, group meetings, lectures and other programs to effectively cleanse what many campus leaders and left-leaning scholars contend is an unhealthy masculinity in young men today.

On campus, toxic masculinity is often blamed for sexual violence, body shaming, a “hyper-masculinized sporting culture,” acts of domestic terrorism and much more.

TRENDING: Universities work to purge male students of their

Translation: How to act sensitive in front of girls so you will get laid.

I wish there was a class like that when I was in college. I had to figure that stuff out on my own.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:22 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,719,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

That male(ish) human has never known the touch of a woman, and has probably never wanted to.

Which begs the question...who are college co-eds going to have sport sex with if they succeed in turning all college aged men in to this guy? Isn't that half the reason people go to college in the first place?

Old 11-03-2016, 08:04 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,089 times
I'm supportive of this effort, but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by calling it "toxic masculinity." It implies a problem with masculinity. Call it "machismo" instead and I think you will get better results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies