Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:42 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
That male(ish) human has never known the touch of a woman, and has probably never wanted to.
I would say at the very least he (the figurative 'he') has never *initiated* sexual contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 08:49 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
The first thought that came to mind is who will fight the 0.1%'s future wars. The most likely persons will be illegals. It's all in the plan to have more and more power over us.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:53 AM

Just remember, everyone, PiV is always rape, ok?

It's funny how radical ideas migrate from the fringe to the vanguard to the mainstream. Try to see the long view. You may think ideas like 'technological extermination of males' and 'genetic extinction of whiteness' are forever consigned to be some goofy 1% of 1% radical threads, or that Otherkin who identify as faeries or wolves or trees will never succeed in creating a mainstream dialogue about whether other people denying them acceptance of their delusions are "hate crimes," but you shouldn't underestimate the effects of slow incremental changes and the realities the children of today's 20 year olds will grow up within.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The first thought that came to mind is who will fight the 0.1%'s future wars.
The short film Uncanny Valley proposed one possibility.

Episode 5 of Season 3 of Black Mirror proposed another.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:53 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
What is masculinity? By the definition of most conservatives, it is Southern hyper masculinity and if you don't completely conform to the stereotypes, you might as well be gay. Question is, who says that the way young guys typically act in the rural South is what it really means to be a man?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:59 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Translation: How to act sensitive in front of girls so you will get laid.

I wish there was a class like that when I was in college. I had to figure that stuff out on my own.

Mmmm. This is being taken far beyond just sensitivity. Real Men are "sensitive". In tune with their lady's feelings and emotions. But still, very much, Men. Often we are called upon to do the jobs that need doing, and getting it done requires us to have a very firm grip on our own as well as everyone else's emotions. Such as at a time of death or other great loss, severe illness, etc. Even though we may be coming apart inside, there's hard jobs need doing and the man is the one who gets to do them.

We can't fly apart till later. The Stone Boy routine, I call it. Often this can be mistaken for insensitivity, or a lack of emotion. Sometimes we even get railed at and called all manner of vile things, with nothing for it but to keep going. It's often the case that we shoulder certain burdens all upon ourselves, not relating things that happen, to spare our loved ones the grief and pain of knowing. I've had to do that on several occasions. The death of my lady's beloved dog, who I was also very attached to comes to mind. I carry the secret of how he passed and will forever. I told her he went peacefully in his sleep, but that was not the case. And it haunts me still. But I'll spare her that pain. I'll bear that cross for us both.

These are the type of things Men do. Anyone who thinks we need sensitivity training or that immasculation is an answer to men who are just jerk offs needs a reality check. Inside, we are a boiling sea of many emotions. We have as much or more contempt for the REAL toxic males as anyone, and add resentment for that to the mix of other things we have to deal with. We are hardly disconnected from the feelings of those around us, especially the special lady in our lives. Quite the contrary we are hardwired in. Those feelings and our concern for those feelings is a constant presence.

No, Men do not need to be redesigned, and neither do women. Things are fine as originally designed. This business of stereotyping Men into a single category of manipulative, domineering, using, abusive low brow cretins has gone to far. There may be some who believe that society would benefit from turning Men into eunuchs, but that begs the question: what about Women? What proposed changes do they envision there? Are Women then to fill ALL roles that had been the province of Men? Men, I suppose, would be relegated to a part of simply harvesting sperm, (a select few anyway, who are not neutered at birth) and Women would accept lesbianism as the sole option in intimate relationships?

I'd honestly like to know what sort of society these "gender" (insert whatever term here) are envisioning . The fact that whatever that end result might be, the agenda is progressing rather alarms me. I think I'll bring this up with my lady today and get her slant on this. Whenever I get stymied on so.ething and need a fresh perspective she always seems to come up with a direction to take. Literally, my other half. Lol, we often joke that we share a brain. Whoever has both halves on a particular day has to come up with the answers.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:16 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What is masculinity? By the definition of most conservatives, it is Southern hyper masculinity and if you don't completely conform to the stereotypes, you might as well be gay. Question is, who says that the way young guys typically act in the rural South is what it really means to be a man?
What is Southern hyper masculinity? Sounds like something you've made up.

The only thing I've ever heard more than once being accused of hyper-masculinity in the USA is Black-American Hip Hop culture and its correlation to street violence and homicides.

You mention the rural South but traditionally, and to this very day actually, the white working class rural South has been made the butt of jokes and has the Redneck stigma label placed on it, by both successful professionals of the urban areas that are liberals and conservatives. They carry a stigma akin to poor Puerto Ricans and poor blacks.

It used to be that whites could distinguish themselves socio-economically by the tan or lack of tan on their skin. The aristocrats of Europe and their counterparts owning American slave plantations, as well as the professional white urban class of the North, protected themselves the rays of the sun and didn't get tans. The whites toiling in the outdoors did. Some probably sunburned their necks working outdoors. The rednecks.

Aspects of chivalry were supposedly part of the culture of the Old South, so, maybe that is what you are referring too?

If you are referring to big trucks and big houses and big things in general... I personally attribute this more to the massive geographical size of the USA, the wider spaced urban planning the further West the country grew, compared to the much older (by centuries), tightly packed, with narrow streets and small homes/apartments, of Europe. And how Americans have correlated those bigger things to their ideals of masculinity. As a big truck is correlated with more testosterone/masculinity. But the wider American streets can accommodate its larger size too. So, if streets were vaginas, then wider streets need bigger....

Old 11-03-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Question is, who says that the way young guys typically act in the rural South is what it really means to be a man?
Well, it's likely that young guys in the rural South say that, for themselves anyway.

This is ostensibly about colleges and their overzealous efforts to combat rape on campus, but I contend it goes well beyond that. Being born male is wrong, but through the efforts of the surrogate mommies that are college administrators, perhaps there is redemption for those males who exhibit overly / overtly male gender characteristics, right?

So you have colleges who feel it's within their purview to try and CHANGE the way certain people are, under guise of trying to prevent rape (so that if you criticize these efforts you're practically a rapist yourself, or at least complicit in 'rape culture'). It's a form of 'guilty until proven innocent' or rather 'guilty by birth and upbringing' so attempts at reprogramming by these self-appointed authorities are justifiable.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:25 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Just remember, everyone, PiV is always rape, ok?

It's funny how radical ideas migrate from the fringe to the vanguard to the mainstream. Try to see the long view. You may think ideas like 'technological extermination of males' and 'genetic extinction of whiteness' are forever consigned to be some goofy 1% of 1% radical threads, or that Otherkin who identify as faeries or wolves or trees will never succeed in creating a mainstream dialogue about whether other people denying them acceptance of their delusions are "hate crimes," but you shouldn't underestimate the effects of slow incremental changes and the realities the children of today's 20 year olds will grow up within.

Remember, children: THERE IS NO ROOM FOR SQUIRRELKIN IN ISLAM

Old 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
What is Southern hyper masculinity? Sounds like something you've made up.

The only thing I've ever heard more than once being accused of hyper-masculinity in the USA is Black-American Hip Hop culture and its correlation to street violence and homicides.

You mention the rural South but traditionally, and to this very day actually, the white working class rural South has been made the butt of jokes and has the Redneck stigma label placed on it, by both successful professionals of the urban areas that are liberals and conservatives. They carry a stigma akin to poor Puerto Ricans and poor blacks.

It used to be that whites could distinguish themselves socio-economically by the tan or lack of tan on their skin. The aristocrats of Europe and their counterparts owning American slave plantations, as well as the professional white urban class of the North, protected themselves the rays of the sun and didn't get tans. The whites toiling in the outdoors did. Some probably sunburned their necks working outdoors. The rednecks.

Aspects of chivalry were supposedly part of the culture of the Old South, so, maybe that is what you are referring too?

If you are referring to big trucks and big houses and big things in general... I personally attribute this more to the massive geographical size of the USA, the wider spaced urban planning the further West the country grew, compared to the much older (by centuries), tightly packed, with narrow streets and small homes/apartments, of Europe. And how Americans have correlated those bigger things to their ideals of masculinity. As a big truck is correlated with more testosterone/masculinity. But the wider American streets can accommodate its larger size too. So, if streets were vaginas, then wider streets need bigger....

Really. "Southern hyper masculinity?" As if just being a genuine jerk is something unique to Southern males? Oh, I suppose with Hollywood and all that it's easy to form a stereotype. The ubiquitous, unkempt, beardes, long haired, overall wearing creature that looks like they probably have fleas. Lol. The "swamp dog" image.

In truth, Southern heritage and tradition for Men is in the role of being a gentleman. Crass, boorish men are treated with contempt. Lady's are valued a d treated with consumate respect and deference. The whole modern image of jacked up trucks, silly stunts seen on Jack Ass, the whole wild eyed Southern boys thing, is hardly unique to the South. I've seen just as much outright silliness in CA as I did in say WV , TN or KY.

Very, a jerk is a jerk. Whether he's wearing jeans and a t shirt or the latest West coast fashions. I do believe I've seen as many "hyper masculine" types in suits as I have in jeans. And it's from these types we are being told that the entire very concept of being a man must be cbanged. Not just in attitude, but physically altered as well? Using conditioning from birth and now even talk of surgical and hormonal alterations to make Men more "docile and sensitive". Yea, I have to agree about the "Southern hyper masculinity" bit. That most certainly something just plucked out of thin air. An expression of personal prejudice perhaps. Seems likely. I'm just glad that my son is grown, and quite secure in the Man he has become. And he has a gal in his life that appreciates that Man, as a Man. Not some blended, duality somewhere in between.
And this is touted as some sort of solution to the issue of rape? Campus rape in particular. I don't suppose binge drinking drugs and a whole slew of other social/peer issues have anything to do with that. Noooo, it's all stemming from the mere concept of male gender. Exclusively. I never went to college. I don't have any experience with campus lifestyle but I did hang out at a few college bars in my youth. Used to hustle pool. The "jock" types were easy marks. The guy in the jeans with the cowboy hat was always underestimated. Lol, made some pretty good money and got into more than my share of fights when that money grew large.

I remember one incident where this "hyper masculine" jock type kept harassing a couple. A very unassuming average guy and his girl, just trying to enjoy their drinks. The ape kept trying to get the girl to dance, wouldn't leave her alone, despite being warned. Then he made the mistake of grabbing her arm. Her MAN jumped up on his chair and brought a bucket glass down on top of his head. One smooth motion, quick as a snake. Laid him out colder than a block of ice. Then the bouncers threw him into the gutter to just lay there and bleed. Now, THAT'S the way to curb "hyper masculinity" and victimization of women. A good, old fashioned, azz whuppin. Impart a little humility. The solution to the problem lies with REAL Men. Not hermaphrodidic hybrids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies