Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,674,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Some of them (not Kondracke) are whipping boys for the right wing personalities on Fox. Like the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. All designed to create an illusion of balance.
LOL. Yeah, Geraldine Ferraro is such the pacifist, subserviant to the Fox conservative men. Yeah, right. And Bob Beckel is a wimp. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,268,408 times
Fox provides an opportunity for liberal spokespersons on a regular basis, as Amaznjohn has shown.

I would be interested to see a similar list of representatives of conservative opinion who appear regularly on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, or PBS. Not a cherry-picked George Will or Pat Buchanan, mind you. A list.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,411,057 times
Quote:
Some of them (not Kondracke) are whipping boys for the right wing personalities on Fox. Like the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. All designed to create an illusion of balance.
Yeah, I liked the Generals, too! Those guys could play some ball! But night after night, those fancy-pants Globetrotters would beat the pants off 'em. Somehow, the Gens just never figured out a way to contain Meadowlark Lemon. Or Curly Neal either.

As for FOX, well, you can take them about as seriously as the bucket of confetti or that basketball with the big rubber band on it...

Old 02-25-2008, 09:39 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,421,143 times
Quote:
Fox News, despite their bogus claim of being 'fair and balanced' is nothing but Republican propaganda, few dispute that.
Propoganda?

http://www.nyu.edu/classes/siva/archives/fox3.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,152,630 times
[quote=Amaznjohn;2945715]What do all of these people have in common?

Juan Williams
Susan Estrich
Geraldine Ferraro
Harold Ford Jr.
Alan Colmes
Lis Wiehl
Bob Beckel
Ellen Ratner
Ellis Henican
Mara Liasson
Mort Kondracke[/QUOTE
Not a regular watcher of Fox News I don't know most of the names. But I do know Alan Colmes. Are the others as engaged as he?
Alan Colmes has no function on the program. He can be replaced by a grinning cardboard cut-out of himself. A more accurate title for the program on which he appears would be "Hannity & Mascot".

Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 AM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
[quote=Visvaldis;2946889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
What do all of these people have in common?

Juan Williams
Susan Estrich
Geraldine Ferraro
Harold Ford Jr.
Alan Colmes
Lis Wiehl
Bob Beckel
Ellen Ratner
Ellis Henican
Mara Liasson
Mort Kondracke[/QUOTE
Not a regular watcher of Fox News I don't know most of the names. But I do know Alan Colmes. Are the others as engaged as he?
Alan Colmes has no function on the program. He can be replaced by a grinning cardboard cut-out of himself. A more accurate title for the program on which he appears would be "Hannity & Mascot".
For a "cardboard cutout," he sure argues with Hannity a lot!
You would realize that if you were a regular viewer of Fox News.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:34 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,411,057 times
I really don't find the time to watch FOX News a lot. It's easier just to get up the next morning and check with the watchdog groups to see what lies they told the night before. Dana Perino is a less biased source of news that FOX...

Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,268,408 times
[quote=Visvaldis;2946889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
What do all of these people have in common?

Juan Williams
Susan Estrich
Geraldine Ferraro
Harold Ford Jr.
Alan Colmes
Lis Wiehl
Bob Beckel
Ellen Ratner
Ellis Henican
Mara Liasson
Mort Kondracke[/QUOTE
You need to get out more. This is hardly a pack of lightweights....

Juan Williams: NPR: Juan Williams (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1930705 - broken link)

Susan Estrich: USC Gould School of Law - Susan Estrich

Geraldine Ferraro: Geraldine Ferraro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harold Ford, Jr.: Harold Ford, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Lis Wiehl: Lis Wiehl - Authors - Random House

Bob Beckel: Bob Beckel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ellen Ratner: Ellen Ratner :: Chelsea Green Publishing

Ellis Henican: WOR Radio 710 HD - Henican and White

Mara Liason: NPR: Mara Liasson

Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,152,630 times
[quote=Fleet;2947502]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
For a "cardboard cutout," he sure argues with Hannity a lot!
You would realize that if you were a regular viewer of Fox News.
Yes, a deadpan Colmes blurts out a phrase every now and then. Or he gets to narrate a non-political news item as well as announce the commercial break. At the end of each political "discussion" the camera closes in on Hannity to leave the viewer with the final word - that which will stick in the viewer's mind. Anyone who write essays knows that the final sentence is extremely important.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,143,975 times
I never watched Fox until the run up to the war. I couldn't believe how disgusted I was with all their war mongering, blind support for Bush, all the flag waving, fancy graphics, and big-boobed bimbos. This station definitely added to the political climate of that time where no one could question the war or Bush without being labeled a terrorist or traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies